Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

PlayStation Still <3s Devs - 1,000 Self-Publishers

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...station-still/

PS4 has been met with an amazing amount of enthusiasm and excitement from both gamers and developers alike since its launch back in November, and the 6 million gamers who have already bought PS4 have really embraced this next-generation gaming experience. We’ve got more than 100 games scheduled to launch on PS4 this year alone, including Watch_Dogs, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, and The Order: 1886.

That amazing lineup is made possible by the development community, who have been hard at work with our hardware, already pushing it to do things that we never expected. Recently we reached a significant milestone with more than 1,000 developers licensed globally to self-publish on our platforms, 200 of those licensed in North America since PS4 was unveiled in February 2013.
    A year ago at the Game Developers Conference, we kicked our support for independent developers into high-gear. Since then, we continued to partner with some of the world’s best and brightest independent developers committed to bringing their titles — some of the most creative and innovative games I’ve seen — to PlayStation platforms. We’ve already seen some great content hit PS4 — from crafting waffles in Don’t Starve to scaring the pants off of people with Outlast. We’re looking forward to some of this year’s self-published titles like Octodad, Transistor, N++, GALAK-Z, Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and The Witness, and you know we’re all already playing a metric arrow ton of TowerFall Ascension.
    This year’s GDC was awesome, as usual. We had a blast meeting with developers, both partners we’ve worked with time and time again, as well as new up-and-coming talent. We also continued collecting feedback from developers on what they’ve discovered while spending time with our platforms, and we introduced some new tools that will help ease the process of bringing their games to PlayStation gamers… not to mention how we peeked into the future of PlayStation.
    To developers, to fans: THANK YOU for helping us make history with PlayStation 4.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I get really excited when I hear this because it brings me back to those good old days of gaming where developers could take risks on those older platforms like SEGA and Nintendo. This is going to be an amazing system with a slew of different games. The PS4 is still showing why it's the best system and it's only going to get better.

3. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    It's great they have made the PS4 easy to develop for, really opens up some proper opportunities for some great games and exclusives to be made!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    No matter how you state it, that is a lot...

Superior Member

I must say though. Some indie games are great like Don't Starve, but some cost too much. It goes like 2 bucks on PC and goes for 20 on PSN.

What gives? Hopefully price are just high cause of lack of competition. Once those 1000 devs make games on PS4, competition goes up and price drops.

It's great when big companies like Sony don't shut out and ignore the "little guys"

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    indie is going to save this industry.

we're going to see a similar effect that we saw from hollywood to gaming. some people had started to work for games that were once hollywood exclusive, now working a bit on games...whereas we're actually seeing developers moving to indie. that is a huge boost of morale for the indie and steam has already laid the grounds for everyone.

PS4 may also be about to suck on steam's teets, as there's no game out on it (indie) that can't be done on the PS4. for those indie devs, that's an opportunity to make tons more money.

9. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I love indies, hopefully we get some very underrated titles that blows AAA titles away.

Master Guru
    It's going to be an amazing generation of games that's for sure. Sony is all about the developers. That's evident by how much effort they put into their first party studios. Last gen was just a blip on the radar with the PS3's cell. They weren't trying to purposely make it hard for developers to make games, they were just being overambitious.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't wait to play mercenary kings tues

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Thread Information