Game suggestions anyone?

Hi everyone. I've only been playing PS3 games for a couple years (although I did have a PS2 and PS!) so I'm not all that knowledgable about all of the many different franchises out there. I'm wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions as to what games to try next?

My favourite games are those like Uncharted, L.A Noire, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us (LOVED that), and I've nearly finished playing the latest episode of The Walking Dead. I also played Bioshock although I think I got really close to the end and never finished it! That probably gives you a good idea of the sort of thing I like; e.g great plots and story telling. And although shooting is fine (I've played some of the Call of Duty campaigns) my reflexes aren't that speedy so I'm not great at FPS, but not totally unwilling to try them either. I like playing multiplayer on CoD but I have to admit I'm not very good, too slow!

I tried Heavy Rain after someone suggested that I might like it seeing as I liked L.A. Noire so much. But I only lasted a couple hours, I was getting so bored and then when it came to the bit where I had to actually change a baby's nappy I was like, nope. That makes me think I wouldn't like Beyond: Two Souls?

I recently bought the first two Batman games after reading great reviews but after seeing some gameplay on youtube, I'm questioning how suited I am to those games. (What a waste if I'm not!)

My brother has a PS4 and I'm waiting for Watch Dogs to come out. So upcoming PS4 game suggestions are welcome too!
    Thanks!
    Eleanor

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Go for games like Tomb Raider, Prince Of persia series ( altgouth they are old, they are cool ) , Devil May Cry, Hitman Absolution,Guacamelee!. These are hard hits, and probably suit your taste.

If you didn't like Heavy Rain, you probably won't like beyond so skip it. I never liked any batman game so never played.No comment on that, but I can ensure you this you have a joyful and long way to go,aka lucky
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Yeah I thought about getting Tomb Raider! I had it on PlayStation when I was a kid and I remember I couldn't play it without my dad in the room because I was so scared of those damn wolves haha. I don't think that'll be a problem now.

I also forgot to say I love GTA V! GTA IV was good but I got too annoyed at the stupid helicopter bits and having to do all those long journeys again after failing a mission.
    Last edited by VariousCrisps; 03-30-2014 at 16:49.

4. Likes OregonViking likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Try Bioshock: Infinite, its free on PSPlus right now for PS3 & the colors of the game are a lot more enjoyable than the dark world of the original Bioshock. If you like RPG's, try Skyrim. If you want a stress reliever from the hardcore, try flower. Its quite relaxing.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I can heartily recommend ac: black flag. Sensational ps4 game.

Thanks! I just got the 14 day free trial of PS Plus as I saw Tomb Raider was free on there at the moment and then I saw that Bioshock Infinite is on there too which is awesome. Yeah I'm really not a RPG person, thanks though. I've been wondering about Assassin's Creed for a while, I got Revelations in a bundle with my PS3 but I never got round to playing it as I hadn't played any of the previous ones.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    If you liked the Last of US you should also like the Mass Effect Trilogy.

I think they might still have a few in circulation where you can buy all as a single set. Otherwise, you might have to pick each up individually.

The games get better to play as you progress, with ME1 having the worst gameplay of the lot, and ME3 having relatively slick gameplay.

ME3 is a culmination of 80+hours of gameplay, from ME1 and ME2, it's a game who's story you invest in (and if like me you grow fond of chatting to a particular crew member, you might break down into tears if you let them die )

I should say though, some REALLY disliked the ending. 100+ hours with what some called an anti-climactic ending. Personally, the negativity was vastly exaggerated by the masses, the ending isn't that bad. Final choice was quite difficult and i stood on that podium for a little while.

Gameplay Montage (pay particular attention to the accolades)

If you allow yourself into the story. There are few better games out there.

Note: ME1 can get tedious. Subsequent releases streamline the experience much better.

If you don't mind tiny spoilers, this trailer should give you a flavour for the type of story:

One of the best story driven games on PS3, or PS4 (atm) for that matter.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    If you are a bargain hunter like me, check out the God Of War Saga here http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Saga-C.../dp/B008CP6MA2

20$ for 5 games? Now that is a smokin' deal. Good story line, fun gameplay. Plus you get to be a bad ass God... Of War.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fallout

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    For a silly, cute game whilst not-holding-your-hand-isq, there's Don't Starve. Half the fun of the game is figuring out the game mechanics and what the hell your supposed to do to "win". Easily 20+ hours for $10-15.

F***..... That's PS4/Pc, sorry.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Not exactly PS3 but you should check out Alan Wake if you can.
    As for PS3, check out Dragon Age: Origins.
    "They're messing with the wrong people."

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I just bought a PS3 a few weeks back and have picked up, UC2 and 3, God of War Saga, God of War Ascension, Red Dead Redemption, Dragon's Dogma, GTA V, as well as free PS Plus games Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and this month Arkham City hits PSN for free. So much value in the PS3 and PS Plus.

PSN ID
    CaptainWoopy
    I'm surprised that no one said Metro Last Light. The game has fantastic visuals, great atmosphere and pretty fun gameplay.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VariousCrisps View Post
    I've been wondering about Assassin's Creed for a while, I got Revelations in a bundle with my PS3 but I never got round to playing it as I hadn't played any of the previous ones.
    Fantastic series. I would definitely play them in order if storyline is important to you, story runs deep in the series. Rev isn't the best of them, but it was still very good. If you do play the series don't get rid of your ps3 anytime soon. There will be one more game in the series called Comet for ps3 before they go full on current gen with the PS4 release of Unity. I'm not sure when Comet is coming out but it's been popping up here and there around the gaming media lately.

dark souls 2, it's the best

Thread Information