Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

SE gets it, people like JRPGS

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-has-fi...pgs-1555236872
    Once upon a time ago, a Japanese company named Squaresoft made lots and lots of RPGs that people really really liked. Today, a Japanese company named Square Enix makes video games.
    One of those games, an RPG called Bravely Default, sold a lot of copies both in Japan and in the west, which has made Square Enix realize something very important: people everywhere—not just in Japan—like Japanese role-playing games.
    "Due to having split [the development mindset] according to regions around the world, we weren't able to see this clearly up until now, but fans of JRPGs are really spread around the world," Square Enix head honcho Yosuke Matsuda told Nikkei (as translated by Siliconera).
    You'd think the worldwide success of all those other RPGs over the past two decades might have tipped them off, but hey. Never too late to change your ways. Now here's the money quote...
    "For the new games we'll be developing from this point on," Matsuda said, "while this may sound a bit extreme, we've been talking about making them as heavy JRPGs. I believe that way, we can better focus on our target, which will also bring better results."
    !!!!!!
    ALL PRAISE SQUARE ENIX.
    Finally we may see some great JRPG from them this gen!!!
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Seriously? it took them THIS FREAKING LONG?!

God damn. Give me my Final Fantasy XII HD and shut up, SE. >.>

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    $#@!ing hell....it is about time it got across. Sorry, but I think a ton of Japanese game makers have their head up their ass when it comes to localizing and selling their games for the west. It is almost like they see the west and wanting nothing but shooters (yeah....they may have a point), but there are a ton of us who got totally burned out on shooters last gen. Remember what made PS2 great, guys? It wasn't $#@!ing Call of Duty.

/rant
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    $#@!ing hell....it is about time it got across. Sorry, but I think a ton of Japanese game makers have their head up their ass when it comes to localizing and selling their games for the west. It is almost like they see the west and wanting nothing but shooters (yeah....they may have a point), but there are a ton of us who got totally burned out on shooters last gen. Remember what made PS2 great, guys? It wasn't $#@!ing Call of Duty.

/rant
    Don't mean to make this some kind of "verse" thing, but in a way I honestly blame the Xbox for the state of the JRPGs at present - as well as the stupidity of some game makers. I mean they put JRPGs last gen on a pro-shooter console and they didn't sell all that well, so they seem to of got it in there heads that western gamers don't want 'em or something.

I, happily, bought a 360 for those JRPGs - and I'm thankful I didn't miss out on them. They made some that deserve sequels ASAP.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I don't blame anyone for the lack of JRPG's other then the studios themselves. I still like my FPS games and will continue to buy them because I enjoy FPS multiplayer games. What I see is the lack of attention from the developers themselves. If they would have made some JRPG's that were actually good, I think the sales for JRPG's would be much higher than they currently were. So really, JRPG's or RPG's in general be it turned base or what not, if executed right, the people will want it. If executed wrong, like FF13 in my opinion, people won't buy it. completely open world RPG is what I like and I'm certainly not alone. Open world RPG, discovering, hidden items, hidden bosses, good graphics, a good menu system/menu navigation, a skill tree made properly. Really, for me a good RPG must have most of those in it, otherwise it's cheesed.

The story could be as simple as saving a princess, if it has most of those, I'll buy it.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Heck yeah! Go on ahead make them rpgs, square!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Overseer
    yes, idiots (SE), niche is the point, look it up.

but i think they knew that, they might be talking about coming out with some low-cost JRPG games.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

/rant
    I know the answer.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    [slow clap.gif]

Biggest corporate DERP in videogame history imo...

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Sage
    Bout time, now they just need to do a massive Kingdom Hearts bundle on PS4.

Forum Sage

Honestly, I blame gamers, specifically, the shooter and casual crowds more than I blame the corporations themselves. This isn't letting the corporations off scott-free but the bulk of the blame lies where it should, the gamers themselves. We can talk corporate derpiness all day long but they will go with what they see first and act accordingly as more information goes their way. As for Square-Enix? You'd best get to making it up to us and on the double.

12. Likes Mael Duin, Christopher likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Honestly, I blame gamers, specifically, the shooter and casual crowds more than I blame the corporations themselves. This isn't letting the corporations off scott-free but the bulk of the blame lies where it should, the gamers themselves. We can talk corporate derpiness all day long but they will go with what they see first and act accordingly as more information goes their way. As for Square-Enix? You'd best get to making it up to us and on the double.
    I fully agree, and dont forget the "we want jrpg more like wrpg" crowd.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

14. Likes Mael Duin, Ezekiel likes this post
    Veteran
    Square's misfortune can solely be placed on Wada. Good thing that he is now fired.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I fully agree, and dont forget the "we want jrpg more like wrpg" crowd.
    The crowd wanting JRPGs to be more like their western counterparts are just as bad if not worse. You're completely right about that.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    NEVER MIND that they where already selling a $#@! ton of games already. Corporate greed is what got them here today. They could have gone back to FFVI graphics and I would still give them more praise than today if only their titles had their old level of quality to them.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    So when will they get "FFVIIR"? 10 years from now? Those 90% sticky notes requesting it on PS3 at one of the TGS were not clear enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    NEVER MIND that they where already selling a $#@! ton of games already. Corporate greed is what got them here today. They could have gone back to FFVI graphics and I would still give them more praise than today if only their titles had their old level of quality to them.
    It's true. There was definitely greed going on there and I hold the corporation responsible on that front. I'm also pointing out the other side of that same equation though.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    So when will they get "FFVIIR"? 10 years from now? Those 90% sticky notes requesting it on PS3 at one of the TGS were not clear enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully never. It just won't be anything that people would like. Trust me.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Forum Overseer
    they could always take the easy route (less risky) and do a graphical reboot like FFIV on 3DS.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Little too late now considering a lot of the talent has left but hopefully we start seeing some good $#@! from them and not just on iOS.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Overseer
    meh, there's always talent out there. even the talented ones sometimes can't recreate their greatness.

Thread Information