Superior Member

Elder Scrolls Online. Feedbacks Coming in. Very Positiv

IGN Day 1
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...-review?page=2

IGN Day 2
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...-review?page=1

IGN Level 49.

ZeniMax's Online's great credit, they've allowed plenty of mods that let you clutter up the screen like the Terminator's visual interface should you so wish. But I love it. When I'm fighting, I like believing that it's just me out there – swinging my sword, firing off my bow – battling in a universe I've loved since the early 1990s. It makes combat more personal, and as with so many other aspects of Elder Scrolls Online, it brings the focus back on the world than on minimaps and skill panels. And if that isn't Elder Scrolls, I don't know what is.

Just excellent feedback so far from Zenimax.

Massively Early Impression Day 1
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03...diary-day-one/

Massively Early Impression Day 2
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...kills-and-pro/

Massively Early Impression Day 3
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...e-questing-st/

Considering how Massively had strong views against this game previously. This change in view quite surprising.

Having played the beta, the game is just full and rich of content. Once you are past $12-15 sub, game has plenty to offer. It takes far longer to level traditional to regular MMO, so I imagine full review may take a long time. Lvl 8 took me two beta days.

Even the game seems quite good (at least the early levels), there is quite strong negative reaction to the pricing model and there are a lot of people who are rooting against it beyond reasonable amount.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-08-2014 at 02:18.

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You know, I wanted to get hyped for this game when I heard its announcement, but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I feel like as an ES fanboy I should be doing backflips, even if it's in a genre I don't normally play in. Nothing seems egregious about the game, yet, too, there's many fans who don't seem particularly convinced by the game.

Wondering why this was the case, I realized recently it may be due to an Elder Scrolls MMO being too much of what many fans were actually wanting. A lot of us wanted the ability to coop our way through the games (this has been a long established demand). We wanted to explore Cyrodiil and Skyrim with a group of friends, take on baddies, level up, complete quests, etc. I guess Bethesda/Zenimax saw that and realized the potential cash cow an MMO could provide. The problem is that people really only wanted coop, not an MMO with a flatter (if wider) gameplay experience.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    You know, I wanted to get hyped for this game when I heard its announcement, but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I feel like as an ES fanboy I should be doing backflips, even if it's in a genre I don't normally play in. Nothing seems egregious about the game, yet, too, there's many fans who don't seem particularly convinced by the game.

Wondering why this was the case, I realized recently it may be due to an Elder Scrolls MMO being too much of what many fans were actually wanting. A lot of us wanted the ability to coop our way through the games (this has been a long established demand). We wanted to explore Cyrodiil and Skyrim with a group of friends, take on baddies, level up, complete quests, etc. I guess Bethesda/Zenimax saw that and realized the potential cash cow an MMO could provide. The problem is that people really only wanted coop, not an MMO with a flatter (if wider) gameplay experience.
    Game is not for ES fanboy i would say. There is a lot of limitation that comes with it being MMO. There are tons of things you CANT do on ESO that you typically can on regular elder scrolls game.

For example you don't have the same physics you have in elder scrolls. Cause of this is similar to why people say MS's cloud can't help the X1 hardware. The latency however small, is still too big for server and clients. Having said that, if you are expecting best elder scrolls in MMO setting, you will notice that your expectation was way off. If you were expecting a good MMO in elder scrolls setting, you be quite impressed.

Here are some pointers
    -Crafting is very good
    -Leveling slow and full of content (but not as good as typical elder scroll, just good against other MMOs)
    -Physics and Combat is clunky for Elder scrolls, but very good for MMO standard.
    -Builds are more intricate and have better skills and spells.
    -Not as interactive as Elder scrolls, but for MMO it is very interactive.

TL DR. Game is very good for MMO, but not really comparable to typical elder scrolls beside the theme.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I just can't get past the subscription. I love ES, but the wife is going to throw something at me if I say we need to add a video game to the monthly budget. Just sayin'
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

5. Likes victorijapoosp , Fijiandoce likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I just can't get past the subscription. I love ES, but the wife is going to throw something at me if I say we need to add a video game to the monthly budget. Just sayin'
    lol same here

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Same. Though my reasoning is more the fact my interests jump around a lot, and I have five platforms I'm gaming in. Last month was 3DS, this month is a bit of PS4 and Vita. A sub just doesn't work with my habits.

Hell I spend $8 on netflix every month and there are some months I don't even use it. I'm able to let family members use that to get some use for my buck but a game is different.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    If it flops like a lot of subscription mmo's and goes free to play il play it. A game would have to be truly truly special for me to get subscription.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    more or less same boat on my end

plus, also can't get past subscribing to a game i might not even play for months on end.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    I'm a huge ES fan and think I will give it a few months try once it arrives on console (budgeting a bit of money now for the sub). Really hoping I get into the initial console beta though as that may really influence if I sub or not. TBH, I haven't played an MMO since 2002 with Earth & Beyond, but really did love that.

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I will say that if they keep adding stuff to the game like in the first EQ, it's well worth the subscription, BUT I've noticed that every single mmorpg that has a subscription is the same exact price which is $15 a month, this is where I think there is some bull$#@! to be had. There is no reason why a subscription fee can't be cheaper. Either way, if it's positive and if it's as hardcore as vanilla EverQuest, I'll jump on this game in a heartbeat.

In EQ, they patched in new items without an expansion and the expansions were basically extra zones or a whole continent, but just adding new weapons was usually done in a simple patch. Currently right now in EQ, there's at least 3,000 weapons, armor, and items that still haven't been discovered. Now that's a big game and if they do that with Elder Scrolls Online, I think it would be worth it, but only if they make the subscription a little bit cheaper.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 04-03-2014 at 18:36.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I will say that if they keep adding stuff to the game like in the first EQ, it's well worth the subscription, BUT I've noticed that every single mmorpg that has a subscription is the same exact price which is $15 a month, this is where I think there is some bull$#@! to be had. There is no reason why a subscription fee can't be cheaper. Either way, if it's positive and if it's as hardcore as vanilla EverQuest, I'll jump on this game in a heartbeat.

In EQ, they patched in new items without an expansion and the expansions were basically extra zones or a whole continent, but just adding new weapons was usually done in a simple patch. Currently right now in EQ, there's at least 3,000 weapons, armor, and items that still haven't been discovered. Now that's a big game and if they do that with Elder Scrolls Online, I think it would be worth it, but only if they make the subscription a little bit cheaper.
    I think it goes down to 12 bucks if you do bulk

PSN ID
    BlueYoureMyBoy
    I've haven't put many hours into an mmo because I never liked the "click and sit" aspect of the combat systems. So this will be my first truly deep mmo experience. Now, I know, I know, it will be much different from all the other elder scroll games. Regardless, I'm still excited for this game on ps4. I'm curious to see how the full launch on PC goes tomorrow when all servers are up and running. To me that will be the true test. Still can't wait to play it.

If your planning on getting this game for ps4 feel free to add me too. Psn BlueYoureMyBoy
    -Blue-

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueYoureMyBoy View Post
    I've haven't put many hours into an mmo because I never liked the "click and sit" aspect of the combat systems. So this will be my first truly deep mmo experience. Now, I know, I know, it will be much different from all the other elder scroll games. Regardless, I'm still excited for this game on ps4. I'm curious to see how the full launch on PC goes tomorrow when all servers are up and running. To me that will be the true test. Still can't wait to play it.

If your planning on getting this game for ps4 feel free to add me too. Psn BlueYoureMyBoy
    I will visit this again and add you.

But yea. It is all about expectation. As IGN put it, if you are expecting a good MMO with Elder scroll theme on it, you are going to be happy.

Read the IGN day 2, it compares directly to Skyrim

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    more or less same boat on my end

plus, also can't get past subscribing to a game i might not even play for months on end.
    Look at it from dollars per hour played.

If you really get into the game, the game has so much content to feed tons of hours.

And typically MMO game if you look at dollars spent per hours played, it is far better than 60 hour game you spent 20 hours playing max.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    IGN Day 1
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...-review?page=2

IGN Day 2
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...-review?page=1

Massively Early Impression Day 1
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03...diary-day-one/

Massively Early Impression Day 2
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...kills-and-pro/

Massively Early Impression Day 3
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...e-questing-st/

Considering how Massively had strong views against this game previously. This change in view quite surprising.

Having played the beta, the game is just full and rich of content. Once you are past $12-15 sub, game has plenty to offer. It takes far longer to level traditional to regular MMO, so I imagine full review may take a long time. Lvl 8 took me two beta days.

Even the game seems quite good (at least the early levels), there is quite strong negative reaction to the pricing model and there are a lot of people who are rooting against it beyond reasonable amount.

Like I said months ago, you'll like what Bethesda's working on.
    Glad to see it's getting past the wannabe press and into competent hands.

Now If I could just get an A-Team movie sequel, justice could really be served.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Bought skyrim, probably will buy Oblivion as well. Hopefully by the time I finish with them the game will be f2p or 5$ a month!

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    Bought skyrim, probably will buy Oblivion as well. Hopefully by the time I finish with them the game will be f2p or 5$ a month!
    Hopefully not. I don't want this game losing support and become lower quality because of other people.

I can afford high quality gaming at higher price. I want new content every 6 weeks they promised. I want fast support like they are providing now. F2P will kiss all that good by. No money for new content or very slow content generation.

19. Likes BlueYoureMyBoy likes this post
    Superior Member

Updated with IGN Level 49 Update.

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Like I said months ago, you'll like what Bethesda's working on.
    Glad to see it's getting past the wannabe press and into competent hands.

Now If I could just get an A-Team movie sequel, justice could really be served.
    True, but what if I wanted more massive experience?

Getting back to MMO with FFXIV, I found out what I really liked about MMO and what I found greatly lacking.

First of all, I love controller playing, but FFXIV overall mechanic was so much of a cookie cutter plus terrible decision making. While I would love next TES game, I still will enjoy this game. It is a different type of a game all together. It has pros and cons over regular TES vs Online TES.

Again, not playing for TES sequel or TES fan, but playing as MMO fan.

Elite Sage
    Not only am I annoyed by monthly fee, I also dislike the whole lore rape they have done to Elder Scrolls. So no, not my thing at all.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    ill porbably get it, 15 bucks fee bugs me but im gonna try it.

Thread Information