Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    I see more Full HD and 60 fps on PS4 side. LOL.
    But according to him, they don't maintain 60fps so that Discredits it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Oops....I colored the Xbox One resolution for MGS: GZ in green. Should be in red on the X1 side.

That pattern does stand out, doesn't it
    list is sort of jacked IMO. It should list all titles and not rumored frame rates and res.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

So 30 fps is better than 50 fps?

LOL. dat math. faith must be strong.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    list is sort of jacked IMO. It should list all titles and not rumored frame rates and res.
    what are these games that you claim are struggling so bad at half the resolution.

Here is three games on both and it seems xb1 is handling the frame rate just fine.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol which is why I laughed at him for saying I was moving the goal post

Elite Sage
    Lol which is why I laughed at him for saying I was moving the goal post

Yea, but answer the question, buddy. Where are all the missing titles? And since when is knack 30-60 fps? Is killzone 1080p 60fps? Um, no. Flower which is a last gen title is there but other 1080p xb1 titles aren't? Hmmmmmmm! Very suspicious. Where is plants vs zombies, halo, spartan ops, max, project spark.........oh should quantum break be there too if drive club is ther? I sense trickery here...lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Exclusive

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sorry couldn't help it.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Oops....I colored the Xbox One resolution for MGS: GZ in green. Should be in red on the X1 side.

That pattern does stand out, doesn't it?
    I see a steel toe boot has been planted firmly in his ass again.

That list was a haymaker. Bigger power difference than anything from last gen.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-05-2014 at 11:35.

9. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I see a steel toe boot has been planted firmly in his ass again.

That list was a haymaker. Bigger difference than anything from last gen.
    There was some god awful ports on the PS3 nothing at all like that in either of these systems. If the worst you have to worry about 720p then your doing waay better than last gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    There was some god awful ports on the PS3 nothing at all like that in either of these systems. If the worst you have to worry about 720p then your doing waay better than last gen.

If we go by that logic and level of leniency, then last gen it would have been acceptable to have bad ps3 ports running at 480p (IE acceptable to use last gen resolution as standard). That didn't happen (pretty damn sure) as nobody would have accepted that.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    If we go by that logic and level of leniency, then last gen it would have been acceptable to have bad ps3 ports running at 480p (IE acceptable to use last gen resolution as standard). That didn't happen (pretty damn sure) as nobody would have accepted that.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-05-2014 at 11:24.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

But the topic is this gen doe.

Yea, but answer the question, buddy. Where are all the missing titles? And since when is knack 30-60 fps? Is killzone 1080p 60fps? Um, no. Flower which is a last gen title is there but other 1080p xb1 titles aren't? Hmmmmmmm! Very suspicious. Where is plants vs zombies, halo, spartan ops, max, project spark.........oh should quantum break be there too if drive club is ther? I sense trickery here...lol
    Hmm...
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Elder
    Meh, that list just has what's listed as far as frame rates go. They have games that aren't even out yet, and some out that aren't even on the list.
    if he done that, his list would be a wasted point. then again... have to wonder how he missed the likes of Max while including Trine. so still a wasted point.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You may want to check those resolutions and compare the pixel count gap. It was a similar an sometimes worse performance gap % wise.

While I wouldn't say 480p. The pixel count varied, generally in the order of 540p-640p. And you can top that off with missing effects and some highly unstable frame rates (magnitudes worse then this gen).

I'm just saying, this isn't the worst thing that has happened to mulit-plats and the beginning of the generation, not by a long shot. People trying to play that card have short memories.

And at 900/720, or 1080/900 the gap is about .8 which was about 576p which was actually a typical frame res for PS3 games.

From that list I only see two games at 720/1080 so I think we can discount that as the norm despite how much some would love it to be the case.

Last edited by mynd; 04-05-2014 at 11:56.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    if he done that, his list would be a wasted point. then again... have to wonder how he missed the likes of Max while including Trine. so still a wasted point.
    Because more games added would make those inferior xbone titles disappear.

How about you or sub go find the rest of the games and post the resolution/framerate. Add them to the list or shut up with your $#@!ing.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Why would it be a waste - Add it.

But them/it being present would not make the disparity disappear within the existing list.

(Or is this a card trick and it does? Dunno, I don't do magic.)

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Oddworld Dev Clarifies. PS4 and X1 Gap will NOT disappear.

To make that list meaningful you would have to list only retail multiplats, and in order of release date I think. I cant see any point in showing games that aren't on the other system.

Last edited by mynd; 04-05-2014 at 12:05.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    To make that list meaningful you would have to list only retail multiplats, and in order of release date I think. I cant see any point in showing games that aren't on the other system.

Sure that's fair.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Sure that's fair.
    Mind you Im assuming we are trying to measure the relative performance gap, vs just $#@! measuring who has the most 1080p games. I haven't really been following the conversation that much.

Master Sage
    Mind you Im assuming we are trying to measure the relative performance gap, vs just $#@! measuring who has the most 1080p games. I haven't really been following the conversation that much.

You can't follow the topic because your buddy substance cries foul and makes up new rules when it doesn't favor the xbox one...

edit:2nd thought, you're not getting away so easy, Mynd. It's not too hard to figure out how it all started. You need to quit turning a blind eye just because it's substance. It's not your first time doing this dumb $#@! when it concerns the ignorance of a substance post. And I filled in the blanks into his post. So there's no excuses you can use now.
    yea, we know. It was "taken out of context"...lol if closing that [multiplat] gap comes with the unsteady framerates we have at 1080p with some [ps4] games, then i would rather have 720 or 900 [xbox one] games [Because they have steady framerates].
    Edit2: Sub made a post somewhere saying that if it's dips then it doesn't really count. Of course he was talking about 60fps on the ps4. Youngmulla pointed out the gaping hole in his logic and pointed him to xbone exclusives, titles that didn't have to focus on cross gen needs, that failed to hit 1080p and or held a locked 30fps.

Edit3:
    Yea, but I'm not the one making any claims about "huge performance gaps". I've played the best both consoles have to offer and there is not a huge performance gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    there's mathematical proof to the performance gaps. but maybe they don't matter to you and that's fine. but you can't claim that there aren't huge performance gaps where they are huge ones. a gap between 30fps and 60fps is pretty huge. so is 1080p vs 720p.

now whether you care about it or not, is your prerogative. we're speaking about facts here, not personal feelings or perception.
    It's huge when a game runs 60fps and maintains that.
    maintains means locked framerate but substance doesn't have the knowledge to know that. If he can't comprehend this basic level of tech then he shouldn't even be speaking about the power difference because that's going to be well over his head.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-05-2014 at 13:36.

22. Likes Peregrin8X, Christopher , -Shafty- likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    You may want to check those resolutions and compare the pixel count gap. It was a similar an sometimes worse performance gap % wise.

While I wouldn't say 480p. The pixel count varied, generally in the order of 540p-640p. And you can top that off with missing effects and some highly unstable frame rates (magnitudes worse then this gen).

I'm just saying, this isn't the worst thing that has happened to mulit-plats and the beginning of the generation, not by a long shot. People trying to play that card have short memories.

And at 900/720, or 1080/900 the gap is about .8 which was about 576p which was actually a typical frame res for PS3 games.

From that list I only see two games at 720/1080 so I think we can discount that as the norm despite how much some would love it to be the case.

Yeah I had memories of some PS3 ports being in the 540p area, The Ghostbuster game, which was patched later to....1024x576 with an improved AA method and a few of the CODs were at 540p as well.

If we want to match % difference of 540p to 720p (43.75%), X1 would have to be outputing at 1440x810. Anything below that, X1 is below % wise compared to ps3/360 comparisons

And the % for 900/720, 1080/900 and 576/720 vary from 31% to 37%. So best or worse depending on point of view is at min 1/3 less amount of pixels on screen being generated.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Yeah I had memories of some PS3 ports being in the 540p area, The Ghostbuster game, which was patched later to....1024x576 with an improved AA method and a few of the CODs were at 540p as well.

If we want to match % difference of 540p to 720p (43.75%), X1 would have to be outputing at 1440x810. Anything below that, X1 is below % wise compared to ps3/360 comparisons
    Considering only 2 titles fall in that delta, I think we are safe. But yes those 2 titles stand out disproportionately, and I suspect will be used from here till the next gen as absolute proof of err something.
    And the % for 900/720, 1080/900 and 576/720 vary from 31% to 37%. So best or worse depending on point of view is at min 1/3 less amount of pixels on screen being generated.
    720/900=0.8
    0.8*720=576p

900/1080=0.833
    0.833*720=600p

Always divide by the unit your using as you baseline (i.e. the highest res your comparing). Makes life a lot simpler.

Dedicated Member
    Considering only 2 titles fall in that delta, I think we are safe. But yes those 2 titles stand out disproportionately, and I suspect will be used from here till the next gen as absolute proof of err something.

720/900=0.8
    0.8*720=576p

900/1080=0.833
    0.833*720=600p

Always divide by the unit your using as you baseline (i.e. the highest res your comparing). Makes life a lot simpler.
    Which 2 titles you talking about sorry?

Actually I was talking about actual total pixels being generated, as comparing just the vertical resolutions doesn't quite show the full picture ( HA GET IT...sorry :P) and could be misleading. Going with your method, The Order 1886 would only be 800p, but we know its actually 1920x800. That maintains the horizontal resolution and so we have no upscaling. AND would actually slightly edge out a 900p (by your method) with total pixels generated. 1440000 compared to 1536000, not much but because there is then no scaling, the image stays sharper.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The gap isn't ever going to close because ICE developed PS4 along with Cerny and as they are responsible for programming technology, engines and middleware it's just not going to happen.

XB1 will reach 1080p and 60FPS but PS4 will remain ahead as the genius minds over at ND continue to develop and distribute advancements and optimization. The writing has been on the wall for awhile and most recently Kojima had enough juice not only to hit 1080/60 on PS4 but had power left to implement his atmosphere simulation system.

27. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    You can't follow the topic because your buddy substance cries foul and makes up new rules when it doesn't favor the xbox one...

edit:2nd thought, you're not getting away so easy, Mynd. It's not too hard to figure out how it all started. You need to quit turning a blind eye just because it's substance. It's not your first time doing this dumb $#@! when it concerns the ignorance of a substance post. And I filled in the blanks into his post. So there's no excuses you can use now.

Edit2: Sub made a post somewhere saying that if it's dips then it doesn't really count. Of course he was talking about 60fps on the ps4. Youngmulla pointed out the gaping hole in his logic and pointed him to xbone exclusives, titles that didn't have to focus on cross gen needs, that failed to hit 1080p and or held a locked 30fps.

Edit3:
    maintains means locked framerate but substance doesn't have the knowledge to know that. If he can't comprehend this basic level of tech then he shouldn't even be speaking about the power difference because that's going to be well over his head.
    lets not go making up stuff now. I never said if it dips it doesn't count. I never said anything about xb1 games never dipping. That doesn't make sense when I showed videos showing the opposite.

These are the comments I was responding too:

Yup. It seems like X1 is definately struggling framerate at 1080P and even on 900P too. Some games on X1 has framerate drop.

Never said that, but when one is outputting half the resolution and still struggling to maintain 30fps?
    so I post videos showing the contrary . Drops yes, but I wouldn't say struggling. Something I clearly stated both consoles games do, but somehow that point goes unnoticed.

The whole point of the matter is if the ps4 was to have the same resolution as xb1 titles, it will not have any problems maintaining a steady 60fps or a rock solid 30fps! Do you understand that?

so I posted videos showing pretty equal performance with games running the same resolutions. Then the goal post was moved again saying corners had to be cut for xb1 version of that game. There is plenty of blind eye turning alright. some have never played some of these games they are talking about.

Thread Information