Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style

Infamous: Second Son....most fun I've had playing a game in a long time.

This thread really doesn't need to be made....but I just have to say how much I'm enjoying this game.

To be honest....it beats Farcry 3 for me. And that says A LOT.

I haven't played a game this much at once since Mass Effect 3. Already got full city clear and full good karma and started a new game and will finish it with full evil karma on hard.

The best part about the game? Even though the story part is not that long the side activities like clearing the DUP and getting Blast Shards from the "finger scanners" ends up being the meat of the game.

It's hard to explain. Those parts I just mentioned are very game like. Where it's wits and skill and use of powers that create the excitement. Not cutscenes (although the story is good too), not scripted action, none of that filler.

Just the game part.

Really a great game. It's trivial but since the talk is that this is against Titanfall as the killer exclusive battle....I'd pick this game over TF multiplayer and day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Just had to express my satisfaction.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am loving the $#@! out of this game as well. I am on my 2nd play through, and I am playing on expert while being bad. All I need for my platinum trophy. And being bad is sooooooooo much more fun!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I am loving the $#@! out of this game as well. I am on my 2nd play through, and I am playing on expert while being bad. All I need for my platinum trophy. And being bad is sooooooooo much more fun!
    Same here. Being a total badass is a heck of a lot more satisfying.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    i feel the same way. this game is tons of fun. almost done with my 1st play through with good karma. Can't wait for the bad play through!!!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I beat my good playthrough last night. I'm going to beat South Park and give evil a go.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    It's my favourite game this gen so far. I even got the platinum for it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    I enjoy taking down the DUP -- first [inFamous] game that I've continued playing after finishing the story....definitely my favorite in the series. I do plan on going back to finish the evil campaign as well but right now having fun taking out the DUP from all areas.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    It is interesting playing it the second time and seeing how the story evolves from the evil side. Sucker Punch did a hell of a job with this game all around.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Forum Elder
    They really did. Not many SP games make me replay them and I've been through good and evil twice and I'm still not bored.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Just completed the evil play through on hard, think I'm only a couple trophies away from platinum. Need the comet drop on three coughing enemies trophy, and the two vents into a comet drop, think that's about it. Oh and the stay airborne for 45 seconds one.

I was quite surprised to find the boss fights where quite a bit easier second time around, even on a higher difficulty level. Especially the VR fight with Eugene which took for ever first try. One big plus of the evil play through, being able to use the big final attacks more frequently.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I have like 4 trophies left to get in this game and 2 of them are going to be achieved when I finish the current evil story on hard....I never thought I'd ever platinum any game....but this one was easy b/c I played it so much.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So I'm still confused on where the name of the game comes from. I didn't do the paper trail yet.

Dedicated Member
    Not into the infamous series, but seeing this game demo'ed, i think that graphically this is ps4's best showcase so far, better looking than killzone sf (though there is obviously room for improvement). The night time environments coupled with the reflections and special effects look fantastic.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    So I'm still confused on where the name of the game comes from. I didn't do the paper trail yet.
    Well, he is the younger brother, technically making him the "Second Son"

Though it is weird that none of the game really had anything to do with that.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I'm going to have to start a third play through to get the final two trophies that are giving me grief. I just can't find a good solid group of bad guys to get the comet drop on three coughing bad guys easily, and the double vent comet drop needs bad guys on rooftops for easy solutions. Otherwise, that's all that stands in the way of my first PS4 platinum.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Well, he is the younger brother, technically making him the "Second Son"

Though it is weird that none of the game really had anything to do with that.
    I was wondering if it had something to do with second born being more susceptible to the conduit gene or something but I never heard them say anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    I'm going to have to start a third play through to get the final two trophies that are giving me grief. I just can't find a good solid group of bad guys to get the comet drop on three coughing bad guys easily, and the double vent comet drop needs bad guys on rooftops for easy solutions. Otherwise, that's all that stands in the way of my first PS4 platinum.
    Yeah, all I have are those two trophies and the comet drop from 170 meters, which I understand you need to do after completing the game anyway.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    What I did for "Cough Drop" was look for a DUP patrol hum-v or whatever they ride around in....attack it from atop a building....right after throw a smoke grenade on them so the 3 or 4 getting out of the truck are in a group and then comet drop on them.

Works easier with Hero since the Smoke grenade is larger.

The 2 vent then comet drop can be the same vent....just go up it....then fall back down to the same one since the out vent part is usually close to the in vent part....then go up again....and just do it around a bunch of DUP guys.

Just finished my second playthrough on evil on hard. Platinummed the game...never thought I would do any game. The evil ending truly is evil....best evil ending I've seen. He truly gave up on redemption.

PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    another easy way to do cough drop is to find a drug bust. those guys like to hang around the stash in groups. usually of 3 to be extra convenient. find a group on the ground next to a building, hit them with a grenade from the top, and bring the pain. they are also easier to take down seeing how they dont have armor or powers.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post
    another easy way to do cough drop is to find a drug bust. those guys like to hang around the stash in groups. usually of 3 to be extra convenient. find a group on the ground next to a building, hit them with a grenade from the top, and bring the pain. they are also easier to take down seeing how they dont have armor or powers.
    I tried that but it didn't take.

I just figured it had to be DUP enemies.

Whew. finally got the last three and the platinum. Well, this was one awesome game.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Whew. finally got the last three and the platinum. Well, this was one awesome game.
    Congrats. I enjoyed it from start to finish too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Me to. I've also completed the Cole Legacy and the first three Paper Trail missions.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    did the story draw you in more towards the middle of the game? I know it did for me, the beginning was good but more into the story it got better.

PSN ID
    JohnB405
    I've been having a blast with this game. Never played the first two so I was a little skepticle at first but once I got the controls down it is a blast!!! Most fun I've had on ps4 yet.

Thread Information