Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by SlackParrot View Post
    It isn't controversial. I'm simply discussing the topic.

The Admin said,

Which is exactly what I am doing.

Who cares? Well, for the sake of the actual community, I sure hope the admin staff actually cares. Rather than just throw things out there and "let's see how it goes" mentality, actually gauge the community BEFORE doing things.

It doesn't look nice, and when others come into the community, they'll see things that just don't have that much interest at all.

A LOL's section, that has two threads? Doesn't make any sense, no matter how you excuse it.
    Feedback read. Thanks.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't like the changes either, Parrot, but it seems the only thing that will change their mind is giving this time to fail.

I agree that an entire section for LOLs and FAILs is not a good idea at all. You can't have any discussion on that stuff. People just post funny pictures and videos to produce a laugh. It's nothing that will generate discussion. That's why it's perfect for one thread.

The overall argument here is that we should create more new threads instead of sticking to a single thread. But why can't we do that now? There's not nearly enough activity in the Sports forum to drown out new threads. We should simply post of most of the information in the official threads and then make new threads for the important news.

That just takes some guidance and encouragement from the staff.
    Last edited by Ixion; 04-06-2014 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't like the changes either, Parrot, but it seems the only thing that will change their mind is giving this time to fail.

I agree that an entire section for LOLs and FAILs is not a good idea at all. You can't have any discussion on that stuff. People just post funny pictures and videos to produce a laugh. It's nothing that will generate discussion. That's why it's perfect for one thread.

The overall argument here is that we should create more new threads instead of sticking to a single thread. But why can't we do that now? There's not nearly enough activity in the Sports forum to drown out new threads. We should simply post of most of the information in the official threads and then make new threads for the important news.

This entire concept is a show of improper management.

They've taken a sports section, and split it.

Before the change, one would go into the sports section and choose where to go from there. Now they can completely ignore the sports section. That will cut down on activity.

Rinse/repeat.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Some like the changes, some do not.

You certainly do not speak like someone new to the forum.....

Most of the changes are in the Off-Topic section anyways. And is located at the very bottom of the forum. I personally see nothing wrong with it.
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-06-2014 at 18:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Some like the changes, some do not.

You certainly do not speak like someone new to the forum.....

Most of the changes are in the Off-Topic section anyways. And is located at the very bottom of the forum. I personally see nothing wrong with it.
    I don't understand what you mean by that.

What are the changes for? Can you explain that? From my understanding, it's to help promote more activity. It does the exact opposite.

Like I explained in my previous post. If I'm going into a sports section to talk about football (soccer), then I'm more likely to see other sports interests in a sports section. If I don't even have to go in there to get to the football (soccer) discussion, then I'm bypassing an entire section of the forum.

That shouldn't be a choice given by a forum structure. Why don't they create a subsection for all the newly release games? Well, that would take away traffic from the game section.

I'm not trying to be the bad person here.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

They've taken a sports section, and split it.

Before the change, one would go into the sports section and choose where to go from there. Now they can completely ignore the sports section. That will cut down on activity.

Rinse/repeat.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/

Sports section....split.

There is no need to insult staff either. how is that feedback? while i accept your first two posts, you're quickly turning this thread south.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

Because it was policy of previous Administration to cram stuff into one thread?

Again, I'm happy for your feedback. But, it's on me to look after the forums. I will worry about the "Statistics". You're feedback is appreciated and duly noted. However, something must be done to get people posting. Forcing them into a tiny corner, i feel, is not the way. Which is why we're assessing the uptake of this method, by giving people more freedom with their sections.

EDIT:
    Again, i must stress. The current order is not final, we are looking at ways to create better ordering with not just these sub forums, but sub forums across the entire forums.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 04-06-2014 at 18:41.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS

What are the changes for?
    One single word.

Organized

To me, it looks very organized. I know exactly where I need to go for my off topic needs. Whether it is a certain sport, entertainment, music, etc.

And when I said you do not sound like a new member here, I meant just that. New members do not join just to voice frustrations with changes. Usually it is regular members who post in certain areas of the forum and complain when things get changed. But you have been knocking the management of this staff and it sounds like an old member with a new name. New members usually have no reason to complain about forum changes as they have not spent enough time here to care about change.
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-06-2014 at 18:44.

Having an entire sports section doesn't put them in a tine corner. Splitting it off into different sections WILL be putting it into a tiny corner.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm insulting anyone. I think that it's improper management. That isn't an insult. You're saying that I'm turning the thread south; if I'm insulting you, then you're doing the same thing to me.

Using the BBC site as an example.... Really?

One single word.

Organized

To me, it looks very organized. I know exactly where I need to go for my off topic needs. Whether it is a certain sport, entertainment, music, etc.

And when I said you do not sound like a new member here, I meant just that. New members do not join just to voice frustrations with changes. Usually it is regular members who post in certain areas of the forum and complain when things get changed. But you have been knocking the management of this staff and it sounds like an old member with a new name. New members usually have no reason to complain about forum changes as they have not spent enough time here to care about change.

It was organized just fine before splitting it off.

As for the last part lol;
    You have to be kidding me!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

What are the changes for? Can you explain that? From my understanding, it's to help promote more activity. It does the exact opposite.

Like I explained in my previous post. If I'm going into a sports section to talk about football (soccer), then I'm more likely to see other sports interests in a sports section. If I don't even have to go in there to get to the football (soccer) discussion, then I'm bypassing an entire section of the forum.

That shouldn't be a choice given by a forum structure. Why don't they create a subsection for all the newly release games? Well, that would take away traffic from the game section.

I'm not trying to be the bad person here.
    That's tangential reasoning at best. If you have any evidence and/or reports that investigate that correlation, Please post it and i will take it under consideration.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    That's tangential reasoning at best. If you have any evidence and/or reports that investigate that correlation, Please post it and i will take it under consideration.
    Is there any evidence or reports that support why you did it?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    It was organized just fine before splitting it off.
    And some like myself, think it is more organized now.

Both of our opinions are noted. Some like the changes, some do not.

Ultimate Veteran
    One thing that drives me nuts though, is that the Other Gaming sub forum has "Xbox" instead of "Microsoft". Or change "Nintendo" to "Wii"
    It's fine the way it is. Xbox is Microsoft's only gaming platform, while Nintendo consists of various platforms (mostly Wii U and 3DS at the moment).
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    It's fine the way it is. Xbox is Microsoft's only gaming platform, while Nintendo consists of various platforms (mostly Wii U and 3DS at the moment).
    Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

It annoys me that one is called a console while the other is a company. Would fit better if both were company names.

I agree.

Ultimate Veteran
    Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
    ...are all part of the Xbox brand.

It annoys me that one is called a console while the other is a company. Would fit better if both were company names.
    We're talking about two different companies though. Microsoft deals with more than just video games so calling the subforum Xbox puts emphasis on their video game brand.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    ...are all part of the Xbox brand.
    And are also all a part of the Microsoft brand. I just think it would be best if were the company name.

The section is called "Other Gaming". Obviously Microsoft would include all the Xbox consoles. Just like Nintendo includes all the Nintendo consoles. To me it shows consistency within the names of the sub forums.
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-06-2014 at 19:54.

Ultimate Veteran
    And are also all a part of the Microsoft brand. I just think it would be best if were the company name.

The section is called "Other Gaming". Obviously Microsoft would include all the Xbox consoles. Just like Nintendo includes all the Nintendo consoles. To me it shows consistency within the names of the sub forums.
    If Xbox wasn't Microsoft's only video game brand, I would agree with renaming it Microsoft. Sure, there's Games for Windows but you'll find those threads in PC Gaming. Nintendo is the name of a company but they are known specifically for video game consoles, handhelds and games, like Sega and Atari.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-06-2014 at 21:21.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    If Xbox wasn't Microsoft's only video game brand, I would agree with renaming it Microsoft. Sure, there's Games for Windows but you'll find those threads in PC Gaming. Nintendo is the name of a company but they are known specifically for video game consoles, handhelds and games, like Sega and Atari.
    Eh, I am pickier than you I guess. No big deal. Just like the changes to the sub forums. You like it the way you like it, I like it the way I like it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think it's about time to call this quits. Someone please merge the off-topic section back the way it was.

OFF TOPIC (merge the blu's epic fail "section")
    --- Entertainment
    --- Sports
    --- Technology
    --- Forum Games

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it's about time to call this quits. Someone please merge the off-topic section back the way it was.

OFF TOPIC (merge the blu's epic fail "section")
    --- Entertainment
    --- Sports
    --- Technology
    --- Forum Games
    I guess we're just going to have to deal with it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Now that F34R told the staff to do something, they won't do it. He's the kiss of death. Lol

Thread Information