Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    There are a couple games from last gen I enjoyed enough to know I'd gladly rebuy/replay them on ps4. TLOU is at the top of that list with streamers and fireworks.

Now if ND would hurry up and announce a remaster of the Uncharted Trilogy...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Definitely. Anything less would just be $#@! on ND's part.
    TLOU doesn't need 60fps. I wouldn't say no to it if it had it. But a game that thrives on slow methodical progression through a level, doesn't necessarily require buttery smooth frame animations.
    Last edited by shepard; 04-09-2014 at 14:17.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    TLOU doesn't need 60fps. I wouldn't say no to it if it had it. But a game that thrives on slow methodical progression through a level, doesn't necessarily require buttery smooth frame animations.
    I don't see what those two have anything to do with each other. This game also has some quick paced scenes and some fairly intense close-range fighting, so I don't get your point.

No game needs 60fps, but when the hardware is capable of it then there's really no reason not to capitalize on it. If ND are going to try to double-dip here then they need to make the product have some additional value. 60fps and a resolution bump are the most basic offerings they can make to the PS4 version.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Games that benefit most from high framerates, are fighters, fps games and racers. Why? because of the fast motion and twitch based action required to be competitive.

Crawling through a dark space slowly to avoid being detected doesn't require 60fps. You can agree or not, but its a fact.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I have no problems paying $60 for a game that is less than a year old. This game was amazing and I am not forced to buy it on the PS4, but I am going to.

I paid full price for Tomb Raider on the PS4 and felt it was worth every penny. And I do not mind supporting developers when their games are outstanding.

The PS4 abilities also makes it worth it. I like taking pictures and videos of my games, and now I can easily do that with TLOU on the PS4.

6. Likes Ghost , snooper71 likes this post
    Banned

I'd like a cheaper price. But I'll get it at full retail.

Veteran
    If we get some sort of discount for owning it on PS3 already then I'll get it, if not there's no way I'll pay full price for a game I already played.

Friendship is Carrots
    Games that benefit most from high framerates, are fighters, fps games and racers. Why? because of the fast motion and twitch based action required to be competitive.

Crawling through a dark space slowly to avoid being detected doesn't require 60fps. You can agree or not, but its a fact.
    If you had played The Last of Us and read my post, you'd realize how irrelevant your response here is.

But hey, carry on. :s
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Live Streamer
    If you had played The Last of Us and read my post, you'd realize how irrelevant your response here is.

But hey, carry on. :s
    Yes I've played it. Yes I read your reply. My comment is no less accurate or relevant.

And as I said I wouldn't say no to 60fps. But if they choose to sacrifice 60fps for the implementation of something else....thats perfectly acceptable given that this game wouldn't need 60fps.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Not at that price for me but certainly good for those who want another play through or not played it before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Keep in mind. Tomb Raider didn't just bump up the texture res and send it out.

Tomb raider featured a host of GPU sapping features. Sub-surface scattering, Higher poly count, 'Clutter', GPU accelerated physics, new lighting + shadows, and TressFX.

The latter probably dropped TR from more-or-less a solid 60 to the variable frame rate seen currently. And what's most intriguing is tomb raider is a multiplat. Unoptimised for either system.

This should give some insight into just how beefy Naughty Dogs engine actually is. Will it feature any of the next-gen stuff Tomb Raider did?

HBAO? Tessellation? Would the game run with the models they used in the Cutscenes? GPU accelerated Cloth physics?

Regardless of it's price, im somewhat excited to see it's release....or Sony could just troll and ship the game with a bumped up res and fps >_<
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

13. Likes Ghost , snooper71, shepard likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    @Fiji,
    Exactly.

The problem with adding 'remaster' to a title is it can mean pretty much anything until clarification is revealed. It could be nothing more than game+dlc in a 1080/60 package. Or given the lack of memory constraints that they ran into in the original release, they may make attempts to further then game in ways the ps3 couldn't do.

Given that the original team has likely moved on to a new project, I'm more inclined to believe they'll simple ramp up the dials on a few things they had to lower for ps3. So it's likely 1080/30 or 1080/60. AA most likely get ramped up. Maybe flip the switch that adds high reflection/refraction from various reflective surfaces. Higher shadow quality. Perhaps stronger weather affects or foliage physics.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Sony trying to save the details for a pax announcement probably. Might as well talk about it now.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Not for $60 - even as great a game as this is. If they drop the price at some point to something more reasonable then I'll definitely double dip.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Elite Sage
    Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Us-Re...+us+remastered

I guess it's still 30fps being that they would have mentioned in in the description. I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-09-2014 at 17:19.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

PSU Live Streamer
    Product Description

Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements. 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed known civilization, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S. The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay.
    Wonder if ND is going to add to the main game what they did in the DLC. Which was have the infected and the hunters more involved together rather than always keeping them separated. I listened to an interview with Neil where he mentioned they just couldn't add that element to the full game prior to release.

Elite Sage
    Wonder if ND is going to add to the main game what they did in the DLC. Which was have the infected and the hunters more involved together rather than always keeping them separated. I listened to an interview with Neil where he mentioned they just couldn't add that element to the full game prior to release.
    They're adding another difficulty in their next update. It could possibly be what you described.

Ultimate Veteran
    day one for me on disc

21. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post

PSN ID
    JohnB405
    I will get this on day one on PS4 as well as gta V. And yes I owned them both on ps3 but would love them on ps4.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Damn! I wish I had of known this was coming to PS4 sooner, I would have held off getting the PS3 version. Might still get it if they do the upgrade program.

Click HERE for my Videos

PSU Live Streamer

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Nice!!!

PSU Live Streamer
    source

The Last of Us Remastered – Coming to PS4 Summer 2014

+ Posted by Arne Meyer on Apr 09, 2014 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Well, it’s no secret that we have been working night and day at the studio to bring The Last of Us to PS4.
    We’re calling it The Last of Us Remastered.

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.
    In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
    We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

• Left Behind single player expansion
    • Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
    • Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included

Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!
    You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

• 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
    • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
    • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
    • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:

• Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
    • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
    • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode

Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.
    news continues to surface on this

Friendship is Carrots
    • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
    • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

I thought preorder bonuses were supposed to be something good...?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Live Streamer
    [/LIST]
    I thought preorder bonuses were supposed to be something good...?
    I'm not overly impressed with the bonuses listed there either to be honest. Especially those 3. They kind of take away from the tension the game sets out to create by forcing you to perform those actions while the game is in an unpaused state.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    yes, finally this has been confirmed, cannot wait to see what all the fuss is about!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

30. Likes MajorCynik_ likes this post

Thread Information