Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I might pick this up. It most likely wont be day one though. I have never played it might actually be worth the 60 bucks.

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style

Last of Us REMASTERED PS4 SUMMER 2014 1080p/60fps [CONFIRMED]

Money grab or whatever. If you don't like it don't buy it... Why all the damn negativity in this thread? For me it is my favorite game of all time so I am ecstatic that it is coming to ps4.

Sent from your wife's bed on my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by efs5030; 04-16-2014 at 11:16.

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

3. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by efs5030 View Post
    Money grab or whatever. If you don't like it don't buy it... Why all the damn negativity in this thread? For me it is my favorite game of all time so I am ecstatic that it is coming to ps4.

Maybe its because some people see it as a cynical cash in?. All about opinions..just because you have a hard on for it don't mean everyone else will think it's the best thing since mario world...

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Maybe its because some people see it as a cynical cash in?. All about opinions..just because you have a hard on for it don't mean everyone else will think it's the best thing since mario world...
    Never said they had to like it or not have an opinion. I don't have a hard on for it. Are you 14? Who actually says that?

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by efs5030 View Post
    Never said they had to like it or not have an opinion. I don't have a hard on for it. Are you 14? Who actually says that?

14? Could ask you the same going by your tapatalk sig...people say different $#@!...I do reserve the right to put what I want...is that ok with you?

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    14? Could ask you the same going by your tapatalk sig...people say different $#@!...I do reserve the right to put what I want...is that ok with you?
    Oh my tapatalk sig that's creative. Did I say you can't? I never said for people to stop posting. I posed a question of why the negativity... Am I not allowed the ask questions?

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    damn haven't revisited this thread in a while. what happened?! cant we all just get along!?

9. Likes darky89 likes this post
    I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by atrin1 View Post
    damn haven't revisited this thread in a while. what happened?! cant we all just get along!?
    Sorry it's my fault.

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol how is what efs5030 saying any different from people saying this is not ok? There are two groups in this thread, people that are Ok with with this and people that arent!...don't really understanding why you chose to single efs post out??

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    You [being on the side that sees it as a cash-in] seem to want to prevent those who want to get it on PS4. People who are OK with it aren't asking you to buy it when it releases.

In other words, if they had decided not to make it for PS4 you would be happy but people who want to get an upgraded version would never have the option. Since they are making it people who want it have the option and you have the option NOT to buy it and you can even pretend that it does not exist.

...going by your posts it is clear that you should not get it. And I don't think anyone here is under the impression that everyone is OK with this. You seem to be the only one thinking that is the case.

--

What I am trying to say is that don't be upset that they are making it for PS4; be upset that they aren't providing a way for PS3 owners to upgrade to it.
    Last edited by sainraja; 04-16-2014 at 17:26.

13. Likes mistercrow, shepard, Admartian likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    @sainraja,

God no...I am not upset..a relative has cancer...thats what I am worrying about...earlier in this thread I said I would pick it up once it hits the bargain bin..played it already on the ps3, and it is an awesome game...I get the 'cash in' vibe because, financially, it would make sense wouldn't it? No total rebuild of the game, assets tarted up, extra fx, yada yada...bung in the dlc..there's ya 60 dollar/49.99 game...the ps4 needs good games right now, something other than fps/shooters...this game will be it, and as has already been stated by numerous members here, they would be prepared to buy it again...thats fair enough. Each to his own n all that..to me I ain't buyin new. When all said and done, it's still a cash in to me...how you managed, and somehow manage to wrangle the whole 'even pretend it don't exist' thing outta this whole conversation is pretty $#@!in remarkable sainraja...I will say that. Sounds like your talking about someone else...👍

Apprentice

I'm so getting this.

PSN ID
    JohnB405
    Can't wait for this. Loved this game on ps3. And now will love it even more on ps4. Great multiplayer action as well. Throwing in the upgraded graphics and included DLC is a plus for me. All i ever really wanted was the ability to play this with the ds4.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I know I have been all negative about remakes but this pulls even me in Now this is a nice move in this greedy gaming world.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...for-ps3-owners

Sony is considering a discount for owners of The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 who also buy the upcoming PlayStation 4 version.

Writing on the EU PlayStation blog, Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli responded to a fan question regarding a discount for those who had already splashed out on the PS3 game (and perhaps also a season pass) less than a year ago.

"We're looking into the business model for all this and will post about this once we have input from all regions", he explained.

Some fans have criticised Sony's decision to sell the game for full price on PlayStation 4 - 49.99 in the UK - so soon after the release of the initial game.

As well as including all of the game's DLC, the Remastered edition will also include higher resolution character models and textures plus improved shadows and lighting.

A commentary track from creative director Neil Druckmann and lead actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson will also be included.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

18. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I know I have been all negative about remakes but this pulls even me in Now this is a nice move in this greedy gaming world.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...for-ps3-owners
    There should definitely be an upgrade option. Even if just to respect those that have already bought it.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Live Streamer
    Would be great to see them find a way to implement an upgrade option. I personally won't benefit from it however as this will most assuredly be for digital purchasing of the ps4 version and I want my retail copy.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Sage
    @sainraja,

God no...I am not upset..a relative has cancer...thats what I am worrying about...earlier in this thread I said I would pick it up once it hits the bargain bin..played it already on the ps3, and it is an awesome game...I get the 'cash in' vibe because, financially, it would make sense wouldn't it? No total rebuild of the game, assets tarted up, extra fx, yada yada...bung in the dlc..there's ya 60 dollar/49.99 game...the ps4 needs good games right now, something other than fps/shooters...this game will be it, and as has already been stated by numerous members here, they would be prepared to buy it again...thats fair enough. Each to his own n all that..to me I ain't buyin new. When all said and done, it's still a cash in to me...how you managed, and somehow manage to wrangle the whole 'even pretend it don't exist' thing outta this whole conversation is pretty $#@!in remarkable sainraja...I will say that. Sounds like your talking about someone else...
    Upset or not, my point still stands cash-in or not. If you honestly see it as a cash-in, then you can speak with your wallet and not get it, even at "bargain bin" price. Don't support practices that you don't support.

Also, as for the pretend it doesn't exist comment, I was saying you can pretend that it doesn't exist as an option if you want to; not that you need to, or should....and you're making the mistake of thinking that if they weren't working on this you would have something else in its place.

Anyway, it looks like they are considering to let current owners upgrade.

Veteran
    Now a discounted upgrade option I could be down for.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Upset or not, my point still stands cash-in or not. If you honestly see it as a cash-in, then you can speak with your wallet and not get it, even at "bargain bin" price. Don't support practices that you don't support.

Also, as for the pretend it doesn't exist comment, I was saying you can pretend that it doesn't exist as an option if you want to; not that you need to, or should....and you're making the mistake of thinking that if they weren't working on this you would have something else in its place.

Anyway, it looks like they are considering to let current owners upgrade.
    if i had kept my ps3 version then i wouldn't buy the ps4 version. But as i have sold it, then i will get this simply because it's a great game and one of those you have in your collection for life (a small collection for me), and especially, as you say, sony will probably do the upgrade thing. This practice is new to the ps4 and me, and it ain't one i will be engaging in often at all. Also, it will be sweet because i ain't even spending my own money...win win

Thread Information