Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The Crew runs at 1080p, 30fps on PS4 [and X1]

Julian Gerighty, Creative Director on Ubisoft’s upcoming The Crew, has confirmed that the racing title will clock in at native 1080p, 30fps on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com, Gerighty also revealed that the PS4 version of the ambitious online racer will support the DualShock 4's touchpad.

"Reflections is doing the PS4 version and they're doing an incredible job on it," he commented. "We'll be using the trackpad to manipulate the map and stuff like that, so they’ve really pushed two or three different things there."

The Crew is scheduled to ship this fall, and takes place in an open world setting based on the United States. So vast is the game world that it will take players 90 minutes to drive coast to coast, as you go about the risky business of infiltrating criminal gangs in a 20-hour campaign.

However, the game also boasts extensive online support, as missions can be played with friends or via co-op matchmaking. Gamers can also cobble together their own teams for multiplayer purposes, where you can compete in online races and other game modes.

The Crew is currently in development at Ivory Tower and Ubisoft Reflections. Check out the latest footage here.
    Source: http://www.psu.com/a022987/The-Crew-...p-30fps-on-PS4

PC version to remain on par with next-gen versions.

Online racer The Crew will run at native 1080p, 30 frames per second on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, creative director Julian Gerighty has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that's important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."

One feature exclusive to the PS4 version, however, will be the use of the DualShock 4's touchpad.
    "Reflections is doing the PS4 version and they're doing an incredible job on it," Gerighty continued. "We'll be using the trackpad to manipulate the map and stuff like that, so they’ve really pushed two or three different things there."

The Crew launches on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC later this year.
    Original Source: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_cr..._xbox_one.html

Let the wars begin!
    Last edited by Omar; 04-09-2014 at 16:38.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that's important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."
    It's not news to me but mutha$#@! your game because of it.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Extreme Poster
    it's interesting how honest they are with it lol...because Kojima was all like, "i see vely rittre diffelence!"

Superior Member
    i'm avoiding this game like the plague

Extreme Poster
    no reason the game couldn't be great. i wouldn't skip it based on this. we had plenty of PS3 ports that were ignored. this is just where they're not working extra on it...but it's at par with specs of other games.

looks-wise, it looks as good or better than other racers. the bread and butter is in the gameplay.

while their comments are likely going to backfire...i think they were really trying to mask the fact that people were expecting more from the PC/PS4 version and they are trying to say that they wanted parity...but really, they just didn't want to spend more time to work on strengths of each platform.

However, like I said, seems that they already spent their efforts on making the gameplay next-gen so I think this is OK.

Forum Elder
    IDC what platform it's for its a 30fps racing game so I'm out.

If driveclub is 30fps I'm out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    if it's an arcade-like racer then 30fps wouldn't be a big deal...especially considering how big the scope is for this game...they may not have been able to have the graphics it has, seamless gameplay and the draw distance at 60fps.

DriveClub is a different story because it's not supposed to be massive...is it? also driveclub is an exclusive so they can take advantage of the hardware better.

Forum Elder
    Ok I feel less angry, so I'll look at it first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    I'm glad I'm able to help you Chris. We will continue our session next Wednesday.

Forum Elder
    The Crew's permanent internet connection requirements mean that players will be returned to the title screen whenever they lose their connection – even while playing solo, creative director Julian Gerighty has told VideoGamer.com.
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_cr...onnection.html

Extreme Poster
    lovely. doesn't sound good to me...i wasn't interested anyway but i can see people not wanting the game after this news.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    no reason the game couldn't be great. i wouldn't skip it based on this. we had plenty of PS3 ports that were ignored. this is just where they're not working extra on it...but it's at par with specs of other games.

looks-wise, it looks as good or better than other racers. the bread and butter is in the gameplay.

while their comments are likely going to backfire...i think they were really trying to mask the fact that people were expecting more from the PC/PS4 version and they are trying to say that they wanted parity...but really, they just didn't want to spend more time to work on strengths of each platform.

However, like I said, seems that they already spent their efforts on making the gameplay next-gen so I think this is OK.
    parity is never a good thing. if they dont want to make the effort to achieve the best possible results on ps4 hardware, their game isnt worth my time or money

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    But they take advantage of the PS4 touch pad thing.

14. Likes Omar likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Yeah the forced parity thing is a bit dodgy. But I'm not interested mainly due to the microtransactions reliance and booting out of the game while even in SP.

Like I said, I've saved $60.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    yeah, i'd be more discontent about the online only part and microtransactions (where many big publisher games are going towards).

to me, taking advantage is good and all but honestly i don't think it was a "forced" parity because they didn't want to take advantage or please one side of the gamer segment but more like the "budget" that cause a forced parity.

you still need time and money to do this and for some games, it's easier to do, for complex games like this one, it isn't.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol you all are crying about ps4 hardware? They are also shooting for parity on pc! Lol the reason I'm not getting the game is because they want it to be like an mmo/F2P sort of thing but they charge 60 dollars for it? And it's always online even in single player? $#@! outta here. If the division is also like this then FUUUCK ubisoft!

If it has single player, I don't need to be tethered to online to player that

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    parity is never a good thing. if they dont want to make the effort to achieve the best possible results on ps4 hardware, their game isnt worth my time or money
    maybe they did achieve the best possible results on ps4. 1080p 30 fps is great but only when one console does it? 1080p 60fps probably wasn't gonna happen regardless.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    maybe they did achieve the best possible results on ps4. 1080p 30 fps is great but only when one console does it? 1080p 60fps probably wasn't gonna happen regardless.
    No. They held back and addmited doing so last year. Held back because of the xbox one.
    The PS4's GPU is very programmable. There's a lot of power in there that we're just not using yet. So what we want to do are some PS4-specific things for our rendering but within reason - it's a cross-platform game so we can't do too much that's PS4-specific,
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-playstation-4
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-09-2014 at 23:54.

20. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol you all are crying about ps4 hardware? They are also shooting for parity on pc! Lol the reason I'm not getting the game is because they want it to be like an mmo/F2P sort of thing but they charge 60 dollars for it? And it's always online even in single player? $#@! outta here. If the division is also like this then FUUUCK ubisoft!

If it has single player, I don't need to be tethered to online to player that

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Oh didn't know all that. Forget that then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    i know you're not listening because your ears are plugged and can never understand this but it's not about 1080p and 30fps...

GT5 could've easily achieved 1980x1080 at 30fps as it was achieving 1280x1080 at 60fps. but the game doesn't look as good as the games that are coming out next-gen which may also be around the same resolution and frame rate.

it also doesn't make the PS3 remotely as powerful as next-gen consoles. and 30fps may always exist on consoles...regardless of the generation...it depends on what the developer aims to achieve.

please stop talking about things you choose not to understand.

23. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    No. They held back and addmited doing so last year. Held back because of the xbox one.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-playstation-4
    That doesn't mean the game would of been 1080p 60fps. You better get used to 1080p 30fps because that's the ceiling for most games this gen. They held back because of xb1? So what's the excuse for other games not being 1080p? You can't blame xb1 for exclusive games not hitting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i know you're not listening because your ears are plugged and can never understand this but it's not about 1080p and 30fps...

GT5 could've easily achieved 1980x1080 at 30fps as it was achieving 1280x1080 at 60fps. but the game doesn't look as good as the games that are coming out next-gen which may also be around the same resolution and frame rate.

it also doesn't make the PS3 remotely as powerful as next-gen consoles. and 30fps may always exist on consoles...regardless of the generation...it depends on what the developer aims to achieve.

please stop talking about things you choose not to understand.
    no I know exactly what they meant. Specific things on ps4 doesn't necessarily mean the game would run twice the frame rate. Their statements made no reference to framerate or resolution and parity doesn't mean they are dumbing down the game.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-10-2014 at 00:50.

Elite Sage
    That doesn't mean the game would of been 1080p 60fps. You better get used to 1080p 30fps because that's the ceiling for most games this gen. They held back because of xb1? So what's the excuse for other games not being 1080p? You can't blame xb1 for exclusive games not hitting that.
    Did I [Calm down] say it was going to be 1080p/60fps? No. So quit spinning and putting words in people mouths. Yeah, they held back on the ps4 because they stated so.

All games can be 1080p/60fps this gen. You just don't have the knowledge to know why that's possible and why devs aren't doing it. [Calm down]

[Calm down]
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-10-2014 at 00:58. Reason: Edited for calmness.

Extreme Poster
    That doesn't mean the game would of been 1080p 60fps.
    lol. who said it would be otherwise?
    You better get used to 1080p 30fps because that's the ceiling for most games this gen.
    and 4K at 30fps will be for the generation ahead. 30fps is a sweet spot for games that are generally meant to be for the casual.

They held back because of xb1? So what's the excuse for other games not being 1080p? You can't blame xb1 for exclusive games not hitting that.
    i don't think they held it back due to the X1 but being a multiplat game, it is definitely not achieving its full potential but it's not realistic to expect these games to utilize full potential (being made from scratch for all platforms).

no one is blaming XB1 for exclusives not hitting 1080p...but how many exclusives aren't hitting 1080p? that weird 1080p present in one PS4 game...that is actually just present in the online part of it? that's an outlier, all other exclusives are hitting 1080p.

as for 30fps...that's a choice... because it helps with leaving more resources to be used elsewhere.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Did I [Calm down] say it was going to be 1080p/60fps? No. So quit spinning and putting words in people mouths. Yeah, they held back on the ps4 because they stated so.

All games can be 1080p/60fps this gen. You just don't have the knowledge to know why that's possible and why devs aren't doing it. [Calm down]

[Calm down]
    Put words in people's mouth ? That's exactly what you did when you said they held back because of xb1 because they never said that. Once again , you guys read too much into a simple statement. Held back was never used.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Put words in people's mouth ? That's exactly what you did when you said they held back because of xb1 because they never said that. Once again , you guys read too much into a simple statement. Held back was never used.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Sorry, not really following - but if we're talking about the Dev's, then it's pretty clear that's what they're alluding to.

If it's not 'clear' then it's either a) heavily implying that, or b) it's a very poor choice of words.

However, if this is in reference to somehting else, then ignore that.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information