Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,693
    Rep Power
    147

    Changes to the disciplinary process

    After using the current system for about half a year now we've decided to make some changes based on our experience using it. The new system is more akin to how some other sites do it and simplifies things for the team.

    Previously reported posts worthy of action resulted in a warning followed by a 30 day 'probation' type period where further ill conduct would result in an automatic temp ban. There was another 30 day period following the conclusion of that ban which operated in the same way (auto temp ban for repeating offence). The idea behind this system was to incorporate strictness and leniency in one and to take a more communicative approach instead of a reactionary one.

    We have revived, reworked and reorganized the infraction system to hold that same spirit while making things much more straightforward for the team. It's still basically the same, albeit without the 30 days period resulting and auto temp bans.

    Now reported posts will be dealt with in one of two ways: A courtesy message from the staff or an official warning message. The former carries 0 infraction points and the latter carries 1. Whether members get a consequenceless PM kindly reminding them to support the site's rules or a warning which progresses them along the disciplinary path is up to the discretion of the staff based on poster history and the nature of the offence.

    The path is as follows:

    3 Points 2 Weeks
    5 Points 1 Months
    7 Points 3 Months
    9 Points 6 Months
    11 Points Permanent

    This system is now up and running and will be what we use moving forward. Infraction points will expire after 6 months so members who get all zen with their posting habits will descend back down the path to oblivion.

  2. #2
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,522
    Rep Power
    144
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Are the current rules that show up on the infraction system current with our revised rules? Just checking as the text sorta cuts out for me.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  3. #3
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,693
    Rep Power
    147
    Yeah, it's all coherent and inline with the site rules (which have not changed ladies and gents).

  4. #4
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,457
    Rep Power
    144
    Items User name style
    lol there aren't many people left to ban!


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  5. #5
    Forum Sage
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,878
    Rep Power
    112
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    lol there aren't many people left to ban!
    Says the guy that should have got banned years ago.

    Seriously, this Shafty fella is a bad news bear.
    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  6. #6
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,457
    Rep Power
    144
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Says the guy that should have got banned years ago.

    Seriously, this Shafty fella is a bad news bear.
    they tried....


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  7. Likes darky89 likes this post
  8. #7
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,522
    Rep Power
    144
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    We physically can't.

    He's like Agent Smith. Always replicates...
    Be Together - Not the same.



  9. Likes darky89 , -Shafty- likes this post
  10. #8
    Forum Sage
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,878
    Rep Power
    112
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I see it's been decided we can't ing swear anymore.

    How come? I don't think it was abused at all.
    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  11. #9
    Sonata Dusk
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    23
    Posts
    17,467
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I see it's been decided we can't ing swear anymore.

    How come? I don't think it was abused at all.
    Oh, that's ing weird. Must be a joke someone up top did. It's not actually banned, don't worry.

  12. #10
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    -derp-
    Last edited by Brandon; 04-10-2014 at 12:23.

  13. #11
    Forum Sage
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,878
    Rep Power
    112
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    -derp-
    I'm going to report you for abuse of emoticons.
    Last edited by Brandon; 04-10-2014 at 12:23.
    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  14. #12
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'm going to report you for abuse of emoticons.
    You're so mean, darky. Gosh.



  15. #13
    Administrator and Visionary
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    13,693
    Rep Power
    147
    I don't think smiley abuse is against the rules...but don't get any ideas! Also, swearing hasn't been forbidden, as Mr PBM said, he was feeling lulzy. I'm sure he will change it back...won#t you!?

  16. #14
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    Yes, but then I have to edit my above posts cuz they'll look really bad.


    Edit: Well ... it's now changed back ... but those smilies will not revert back it seems.

  17. #15
    Ultimate Veteran
    Vyse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    24,834
    Rep Power
    212
    There actually hasn't been a public infraction in months. Just the usual red text posts or edits every now and then.
    Last edited by Vyse; 04-16-2014 at 03:41.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Drake (Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)
    Would you look at that? A secret cave behind the waterfall! Gentlemen, we're on a pirate adventure.

  18. #16
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,048
    Rep Power
    31
    The only site i can be banned for gregarious use of dollar signs... note my activity level recently.
    You can lead a Donkey to water, but you can't make him drink.

  19. #17
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    Nobody is going to ban you for "gregarious use of dollar signs." If you are intentionally trying to annoy other members, that would be the issue, not the dollar signs. The site is moderated in the interest of the community as a whole, in a place where anyone can feel safe to post without feeling like they're being pissed on... not the needs of a single member whose interests do not parallel with the other 99% of the community. Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem... and all should be good.
    Last edited by Brandon; 04-16-2014 at 18:26.

  20. Likes Admartian likes this post
  21. #18
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,457
    Rep Power
    144
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Nobody is going to ban you for "gregarious use of dollar signs." If you are intentionally trying to annoy other members, that would be the issue, not the dollar signs. The site is moderated in the interest of the community as a whole, in a place where anyone can feel safe to post without feeling like they're being pissed on... not the needs of a single member whose interests do not parallel with the other 99% of the community. Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem... and all should be good.
    coming from the guy that deletes my posts without mention?


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  22. Likes John Willaford likes this post
  23. #19
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    Don't make dumb posts. :]

  24. Likes darky89 , Admartian likes this post
  25. #20
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,457
    Rep Power
    144
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Don't make dumb posts. :]
    I was trying out the swear filter, something that you tampered with,no?

    This is a gaming site on the interwebz, 90% of the posts here are dumb!


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  26. #21
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    Be that as it may, deleting posts is up to the discretion of the staff. The filter was also already removed so 100% of the post was just vulgar nonsense. It just didn't need to be in this thread.

  27. #22
    Wibbly Wobbly
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,522
    Rep Power
    144
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    If posts need to be deleted, en masse, because they're stupid, potentially insulting (and not in the jesting/pking kind) and inflammatory; then yeah, they'll be deleted no question. Should it happen too many times for a single poster or group, then that's when you'll get mention.




    (TL: DR version: If you get a posited deleted and don't hear anything from staff; that's probably a good/better thing than the alternative. )
    Be Together - Not the same.



  28. #23
    I Do Admin Thingies

    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,005
    Rep Power
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    If you get a post deleted and don't hear anything from staff; that's probably a good/better thing than the alternative. )
    This. It's a clean up. Not a punishment.

  29. #24
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    N. London, England
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    After using the current system for about half a year now we've decided to make some changes based on our experience using it. The new system is more akin to how some other sites do it and simplifies things for the team.

    Previously reported posts worthy of action resulted in a warning followed by a 30 day 'probation' type period where further ill conduct would result in an automatic temp ban. There was another 30 day period following the conclusion of that ban which operated in the same way (auto temp ban for repeating offence). The idea behind this system was to incorporate strictness and leniency in one and to take a more communicative approach instead of a reactionary one.

    We have revived, reworked and reorganized the infraction system to hold that same spirit while making things much more straightforward for the team. It's still basically the same, albeit without the 30 days period resulting and auto temp bans.

    Now reported posts will be dealt with in one of two ways: A courtesy message from the staff or an official warning message. The former carries 0 infraction points and the latter carries 1. Whether members get a consequenceless PM kindly reminding them to support the site's rules or a warning which progresses them along the disciplinary path is up to the discretion of the staff based on poster history and the nature of the offence.

    The path is as follows:

    3 Points 2 Weeks
    5 Points 1 Months
    7 Points 3 Months
    9 Points 6 Months
    11 Points Permanent

    This system is now up and running and will be what we use moving forward. Infraction points will expire after 6 months so members who get all zen with their posting habits will descend back down the path to oblivion.
    Might wanna update the "revised rules and disciplinary process" thread:
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...linary-process


  30. #25
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,106
    Rep Power
    117
    For some reason, I'm still being censored. The ****?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.