Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    not sure how installing the entire disc is a positive against DD...other than that you can sell it but yes with renting it, i can see the advantage.

did not know installing the entire disc was mandatory.
    Yes the install from the disc is the exact same as the install from the DD. Where as before a DD would be at the cost of HDD space compared to the disc.

Yes thats true you can resell with a physical copy but I only buy games im going to keep indefinitely such as sports games or heavy mulitiplayer games such as BF ect.

I rent everything else ive played and finished every game worth playing in the past 2-3 years and save hundreds of in the mean time by paying just 15 a month to my rental service.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMK2K7 View Post
    Yes the install from the disc is the exact same as the install from the DD. Where as before a DD would be at the cost of HDD space compared to the disc.
    but nothing changed on the DD side...just that they are installing the entire games now than they did before. so the disc people are somewhat losing out...that is if you are concerned about space.

otherwise, having all data on HDD from your disc can mean lower loading times, less pop-ins.

Yes thats true you can resell with a physical copy but I only buy games im going to keep indefinitely such as sports games or heavy mulitiplayer games such as BF ect.
    if you're not going to sell the games then you're not getting much benefit out of having a physical copy, other than having a physical copy because you like having something in a physical form.

with DD, you can just start the game any time. it's way more convenient. the only reason i'll keep buying physical copies is because i intend to sell them at some point. otherwise if i know i'm gonna keep the game for a very long time, i'll just buy it DD. i really haven't done this yet though but i might.

I rent everything else ive played and finished every game worth playing in the past 2-3 years and save hundreds of in the mean time by paying just 15 a month to my rental service.
    imo rental is only worth it if you have time play the games and you are completing these games quite fast (1-2weeks). and they're newer games.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    imo rental is only worth it if you have time play the games and you are completing these games quite fast (1-2weeks). and they're newer games.
    The way my rental works is you pay 15 a month and you get too have two discs at a time and you can keep them for as long as you like, once you send one back you get another game. With the rate games come out especially now I have more than enough time to complete the games I want. This past month ive completed Infamous, Lego Marvel and MGS: GZ all at my own pace for 15 compared to me buying them for about 100 before selling them on.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BMK2K7 View Post
    The way my rental works is you pay 15 a month and you get too have two discs at a time and you can keep them for as long as you like, once you send one back you get another game. With the rate games come out especially now I have more than enough time to complete the games I want. This past month ive completed Infamous, Lego Marvel and MGS: GZ all at my own pace for 15 compared to me buying them for about 100 before selling them on.
    that's pretty cheap man. i think over here it is somewhere around 22 bucks or so for two games at a time, probably similar pricing when converted. EDIT: no it's not lol about $36 but then maybe things are a bit more expensive there to begin with.

yeah, if you can finish 3 games a month, you're probably saving tons of money. they make their money from people that keep their games for months...or they're renting crap games that are old.

5. Likes BMK2K7 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Console maker getting more than the devs is $#@!ing asinine in my book...dunno much about it...but at first glance my reasoning puts the devs ahead of the console maker.

Anyway, I hope it sells more....it deserves to sell lots. I was thinking SQENIX thought of Tomb Raider as a flop when it sold 3 million and I was worried that Sony might feel the same with this just selling 1 million, but not only is this game on only one console, but I'm sure Sony knew there wouldn't be too much to boast about since this is still early in the consoles life.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Console maker getting more than the devs is $#@!ing asinine in my book...dunno much about it...but at first glance my reasoning puts the devs ahead of the console maker.

Anyway, I hope it sells more....it deserves to sell lots. I was thinking SQENIX thought of Tomb Raider as a flop when it sold 3 million and I was worried that Sony might feel the same with this just selling 1 million, but not only is this game on only one console, but I'm sure Sony knew there wouldn't be too much to boast about since this is still early in the consoles life.
    it's not unfair because the console maker has to spend millions to make the console, spend millions to make engines/deal/studios etc. to drive the sales. they have to now continuously give software updates, and come out with slimmer versions.

none of that $#@! is easy. not to mention, most have to lose money on the hardware before they make any money back years later by just hardware...so they have to rely on software, peripherals and services.

publishers also take on the cost of investing and they can lose that money if they chose the wrong developer. they have to also market the game.

in the end, developers have the freedom to self-publish and put it out on the network so they can save tons.

PSN ID
    BMK2K7
    The console maker deserves that cut as it provides the platform and sometimes they even sell the system at a loss (PS3) but make it back up in game sales.

And with Infamous Sony knew what they were getting themselves into and know that it was a success.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Its an awesome game and deserves the good sales its getting.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I dunno...I guess I just see the devs putting in all the hard work to create a game. I mean...a console would be nothing without games right?

Same could be said for the other side...a game wouldn't have a platform to express it's artistic value if there wasn't a console...I guess maybe they should get the same amount.

I just don't think devs should get the shaft like that...but I see everyone's point.

Apprentice
    We're definitely getting another installment of this game. Stoked.

Master Guru
    Great sales numbers for Infamous: Second Son. It's good to see people still enjoy these kind of games in a time where developers are pumping out copy cat FPS to try and make a quick buck. Well deserved for Sucker Punch.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I dunno...I guess I just see the devs putting in all the hard work to create a game. I mean...a console would be nothing without games right?

Same could be said for the other side...a game wouldn't have a platform to express it's artistic value if there wasn't a console...I guess maybe they should get the same amount.

I just don't think devs should get the shaft like that...but I see everyone's point.
    Yet Playstation put in **ALL** the money. Taking on all the risk.

All the first party studios are owned by sony, they are subsidiaries. They don't work for Sony, They are Sony.

The Devs are VERY WELL PAID. And they also receive performance related bonuses, private medical etc.

Let's look at another industry with software developers.

When an engineer develops a new feature for android OS as part of his day job, do you think he receives a share of android revenue proportionate to his input? NO. That's not how it works. They are paid to do a job, invents features, solve problems and they go home.

If a Dev is independent, and they risk their own money to fund their own game fully, then they also deserve all the profits.

If a person invents something and uses their own money to bring it to life as a commercial product. They deserve all the profit.

For third parties, where royalties are concerned, Like SUFI said there is a lot to creating and growing a platform. PS3 R and D alone was billions, never mind the cost of manufacturing and selling the PS3 at a loss, Nor huge marketing costs.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 04-15-2014 at 01:55.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

14. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Yet Playstation put in **ALL** the money. Taking on all the risk.

All the first party studios are owned by sony, they are subsidiaries. They don't work for Sony, They are Sony.

The Devs are VERY WELL PAID. And they also receive performance related bonuses, private medical etc.

Let's look at another industry with software developers.

When an engineer develops a new feature for android OS as part of his day job, do you think he receives a share of android revenue proportionate to his input? NO. That's not how it works. They are paid to do a job, invents features, solve problems and they go home.

If a Dev is independent, and they risk their own money to fund their own game fully, then they also deserve all the profits.

If a person invents something and uses their own money to bring it to life as a commercial product. They deserve all the profit.

For third parties, where royalties are concerned, Like SUFI said there is a lot to creating and growing a platform. PS3 R and D alone was billions, never mind the cost of manufacturing and selling the PS3 at a loss, Nor huge marketing costs.
    I know first party studios are like that.

I was more talking about 3rd party. Say like whoever made Titanfall. They aren't EA....and they aren't MS.

But that game basically sold a good amount of X1's for MS ppl are already saying that game saved the X1...for now.

So, it just sucks that given everything....they get less than everyone else.

Veteran
    LTTP to get mine due to circumstances, and just started playing it a few days ago. Oh man, some review sites are giving this a 6?!?! Come on, gag me with your paid-off lackey reviews. This game is incredible.

The big advances in gameplay are the use of the touchpad and the audio in the controller. To me, it has been done just right and only shows what is coming ahead.

The paint can is awesome. During the initial calibration, just holding the controller at my fingertips and trying to keep it still, the sensing was showing my micro-balancing movement at my fingertips. That is awesome sensitivity.

The graphics show what next gen is all about. There are awkward moments but the character animation is very fluid. The outdoors lighting is jaw dropping. So far, that is the feeling of playing this game, just stunning. The sales are well deserved and more people should buy this game.

Since Sucker Punch is a Sony studio, the percentage that goes to publisher, dev, and console manufacturer all go to Sony, while Sony has to pay out to the retailer and marketing. The whole point of video game consoles is profitable first party AAA titles. The hardware is the engine, the game software is the fuel.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 04-15-2014 at 18:37.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

17. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    I know first party studios are like that.

I was more talking about 3rd party. Say like whoever made Titanfall. They aren't EA....and they aren't MS.

But that game basically sold a good amount of X1's for MS ppl are already saying that game saved the X1...for now.

So, it just sucks that given everything....they get less than everyone else.
    lol you're not getting the whole picture, why do you think big companies like DICE and bungie move under bigger publishers? because that's safe and also without EA, Titanfall would be just another shooter that only has 12 people max with jumps and robots in it.

through EA, it's the 2nd coming of Jesus. so they're going to have a successful series and might even beat COD someday or be a direct contender...something BF never really did well in.

i'm not saying it's not signing a deal with the devil but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

19. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post

Thread Information