Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Price cuts happen when stock isnt selling like it should. And MS is being very quiet about sales numbers. I doubt thats a coincidence.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Price cuts happen when stock isnt selling like it should. And MS is being very quiet about sales numbers. I doubt thats a coincidence.
    Well.....somebody is taking some pretty large losses with these discounts. I seem to remember MS was breaking even on just the cost of goods for X1. So either MS is passing along the discounts and taking the hit or the retailers have so much stock that they just have to move it and get their money back. Probably will never know.

I agree though, MS isn't going out of their way to brag about their sales numbers. That will probably change this week when the NPDs come out. I expect a significant jump in sales for March. 500k would be a pessimistic prediction, imo.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Well.....somebody is taking some pretty large losses with these discounts. I seem to remember MS was breaking even on just the cost of goods for X1. So either MS is passing along the discounts and taking the hit or the retailers have so much stock that they just have to move it and get their money back. Probably will never know. I agree though, MS isn't going out of their way to brag about their sales numbers. That will probably change this week when the NPDs come out. I expect a significant jump in sales for March. 500k would be a pessimistic prediction, imo.
    I think the latter of your two theories but that might be pessimistic too. lol

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    What do we mean by "sanctioned"? When Amazon and others dropped the price initially, MS said this was the retailers doing.....nothing to do with MS. Just not sure how MS would "sanction" retailer price.
    Well, for one thing, last time price dropped on Amazon. It happened at the same time when MS store dropped price on their own store. It was well coordinated to be separate incidents.

Also, typically, for devices like this, you simply cannot do a price cut without the manufacturer's approval. Good example would be Apple devices. This was definitely the case with console when I was in HS.

Lastly, most major retailers now days, don't typically "buy" items and store it. They ask you to ship 10,000 units(a random number) and when you sell those units, they give you what you are owe. Because of this, you have contracts saying what the retail price is and who gets what percents. Don't believe me? Watch Shark Tank. I know my firm deals with this too and we are industrial.

Most likely, this price cut is happening by retailers and MS themselves both taking a hit on their margin with MS's approval. Amazon gets known for cheap prices, so they are happy. MS moves stagnant units, so they are happy.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Too much product.....This is like selling stock short. Space = money in a warehouse.... You want things that will move and make you money and if Microsoft wont take back the product you sell it cheaper. Contracts are the reason they would have so much stock. They would have been obligated to buy so many units for so long and to them it seemed like a good idea but I think the One is falling well short of what they thought would sell.

That's my you cents worth.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Too much product.....This is like selling stock short. Space = money in a warehouse.... You want things that will move and make you money and if Microsoft wont take back the product you sell it cheaper. Contracts are the reason they would have so much stock. They would have been obligated to buy so many units for so long and to them it seemed like a good idea but I think the One is falling well short of what they thought would sell.

That's my you cents worth.
    I am guessing you are responding to my post. Let me clarify the contract i was mentioning.

Typically, in those contracts Amazon don't buy anything. They are not obligated to buy either. Amazon gets the X1 or products for free and when they sell, they give money to MS.

Shelf space= big money. Storage space=/= not really.

That's what I know on this area. I am not kidding you but watch few episode of Shark Tank and you will get some understanding of what I mean.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    I am guessing you are responding to my post. Let me clarify the contract i was mentioning.

Typically, in those contracts Amazon don't buy anything. They are not obligated to buy either. Amazon gets the X1 or products for free and when they sell, they give money to MS.

Shelf space= big money. Storage space=/= not really.

That's what I know on this area. I am not kidding you but watch few episode of Shark Tank and you will get some understanding of what I mean.
    I wasn't actually responding to anyone. I was just putting my spin on it. Storage space does equal money..... You cant have huge chunks or warehouse space filled with crap that doesn't move. It means you may not have the room to keep up with demand on things that actually do sell...... For amazon warehouse space IS shelf space.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    I wasn't actually responding to anyone. I was just putting my spin on it. Storage space does equal money..... You cant have huge chunks or warehouse space filled with crap that doesn't move. It means you may not have the room to keep up with demand on things that actually do sell...... For amazon warehouse space IS shelf space.
    I must disagree, but lets just leave it at that. Whatever is the case, X1 isnt selling enough and price cut was needed either by Amazon or MS.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    I bought an x1 just over a week ago and must say I'm enjoying it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    I bought an x1 just over a week ago and must say I'm enjoying it.
    Cool. Glad you enjoy it.

tapatalk post

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    The decision of when I'm going to pick up a One has just been taken out of my hands thanks to my wife deciding to just go and order me one which arrives tomorrow. It will be an exclusives only console for me as the PS4 will remain my prime console this gen, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Forza!

​aka Sparc

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Wife.... Yeah right. You know you caved and got one for yourself bro! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

13. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Would love one can't afford one. Hands are tied, and have to priorities this thing called a wedding.

Good deal though.
    Similar deals going on here...

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/X...undle/22171214
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Still too rich for my blood (did you read the first part of why I can't get one? tbh, I'd prefer a tablet/DSLR at this point, with the XB1 after that) especially with QB yet to be confirmed for a date.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I wonder why MS hasn't given an update on their numbers since jan? They should be 6m+ with all these deals and titanfall dropping.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I wonder why MS hasn't given an update on their numbers since jan? They should be 6m+ with all these deals and titanfall dropping.
    Spencer said once he took over they will only be releasing numbers at their fiscal date.
    24th of March we will know.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Spencer said once he took over they will only be releasing numbers at their fiscal date.
    24th of March we will know.
    You mean APril right?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    You mean APril right?
    Hey its the last day of work for a while and my mind is on other things alright?

Yes I mean April

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Hey its the last day of work for a while and my mind is on other things alright?

Yes I mean April
    not with this cyclone you're not.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Wife.... Yeah right. You know you caved and got one for yourself bro! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    lol honestly didn't know she was ordering one until I got a message at work saying it was on its way. Don't yet have a clue where I'm going to put it as my kids still play the 360 and I play the PS3 and PS4- that's all my HDMIs and sockets gone right there.

​aka Sparc

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    The decision of when I'm going to pick up a One has just been taken out of my hands thanks to my wife deciding to just go and order me one which arrives tomorrow. It will be an exclusives only console for me as the PS4 will remain my prime console this gen, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Forza!
    Post a thread with your impressions after some playtime with it.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Post a thread with your impressions after some playtime with it.
    It's an awesome game and makes me want Driveclub even more. The PS4 is lacking a good racing game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    It's an awesome game and makes me want Driveclub even more. The PS4 is lacking a good racing game.
    I was talking about playtime with the X1. I assume youre talking about Forza 5? I played it and although good it has less tracks than Forza 4 and is filled with microtransactions. Felt like a step backward to me. And the graphics werent much of a step up from Forza 4 tbh mainly the environments. But yeah PS4 doesn't have a good racing game yet. Theyre saying Driveclub is coming out this year. We'll see.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-17-2014 at 16:20.

Thread Information