Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well considering I got my Xbox before the PS3 launched (especially here)...that's not really surprising.
    Yup.
    Pretty much same thing happened to me..
    X360 most played games were Oblivion, Fight night 3 and Pirates!
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well considering I got my Xbox before the PS3 launched (especially here)...that's not really surprising.
    lol so the first games you play are the best, gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    (I'm far too lazy to read the whole thread)

I wonder why the game is only running at 900p for the XB1. Seems silly to me, as the game isn't intensive in any way. Trials Evolution on PC actually dodges my 60fps mark, and I can run other modern games perfectly fine at max. Seems like lazy development work to me.
    that's just the problem, they don't want to spend more time to fix the games up. this is not a big budget game, it won't sell millions (or it might lol but still, not expected to be a big seller). they have more resources available on the PS4 at any given time than PC and X1. i know, calm down, calm down, i'm only saying about PC through a technicality. because they "can't" use up all the resources on the PC just because they felt like it or we'd have another crysis. get it? it's good enough for a monday morning.

with the PC, they have multiple configuration so they aren't going to spend more time trying to utilize the resources. with the X1, they have too many road blocks to retrieve the resources, thus you have 900p.

but it all depends you know, a game like this shouldn't have parity issues but it all depends on how it was set up. all in all, the point keeps on that ease-of-development + power is the key.

Friendship is Carrots
    That's a big way of saying, "Yeah, they're lazy developers who don't know how to utilize the given hardware."
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    That's a big way of saying, "Yeah, they're lazy developers who don't know how to utilize the given hardware."
    the only difference being, they don't want to...not that they don't know how to.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Keeping a locked 60 fps was much more important to them, and Trials games do run really well. They probably want to maintain that in their extensive user content creator, probably why the One is lower resolution.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol so the first games you play are the best, gotcha.
    No, just the first games that made me appreciate tis new console I had. I'm sure for many on here it was something like Uncharted.
    I had games like PGR3 and Kameo before I got Mass Effect, but I never felt these games weren't much above "last gen with higher res and a few new graphical effects". PGR played pretty much like PGR2 (not that I'm complaining).
    But games like Oblivion, well I owned Morrowind, this was in a different league entirely.

that's just the problem, they don't want to spend more time to fix the games up. this is not a big budget game, it won't sell millions (or it might lol but still, not expected to be a big seller). they have more resources available on the PS4 at any given time than PC and X1. i know, calm down, calm down, i'm only saying about PC through a technicality. because they "can't" use up all the resources on the PC just because they felt like it or we'd have another crysis. get it? it's good enough for a monday morning.

with the PC, they have multiple configuration so they aren't going to spend more time trying to utilize the resources. with the X1, they have too many road blocks to retrieve the resources, thus you have 900p.

but it all depends you know, a game like this shouldn't have parity issues but it all depends on how it was set up. all in all, the point keeps on that ease-of-development + power is the key.
    It's pretty simple they write the same code, same shaders same assets and then see what happens.

If they tweaked the shader code, or missed and effect or two, I'm sure they could hit 1080, but at this point they are all happy just to say "identical" except for fill rate. It's the easiest out.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    No, just the first games that made me appreciate tis new console I had. I'm sure for many on here it was something like Uncharted.
    I had games like PGR3 and Kameo before I got Mass Effect, but I never felt these games weren't much above "last gen with higher res and a few new graphical effects". PGR played pretty much like PGR2 (not that I'm complaining).
    But games like Oblivion, well I owned Morrowind, this was in a different league entirely.
    well i can't argue with perception or what you felt, i misunderstood your comment though, i thought you were saying that those games "in general" changed it for you.

It's pretty simple they write the same code, same shaders same assets and then see what happens.

If they tweaked the shader code, or missed and effect or two, I'm sure they could hit 1080, but at this point they are all happy just to say "identical" except for fill rate. It's the easiest out.
    yeah, last generation, i think we all misunderstood what the issues were. was PS3 more powerful or was it not? well, the real answer was that while it was more powerful on paper, it had less resources that were easily extractable.

same thing with X1 except that it's not more powerful. we can call them lazy but it makes total sense. they aren't just making this because they love doing it, they are also making this because they have make a living. and it's a difficult job. if you don't do a good job, you're bottom of the barrel, expendable. it's a tough industry.

some developers have the freedom to go all out, take their time, do whatever it takes to make the game perfect. that's not always the case. and these things aren't game-breaking either.

and on top of all of this, X1 is suffering from the same downward spiral issue PS3 was. the demand was lower than what the product was priced at. but i think X1 is suffering more because at least the PS3 had Sony's precedence going for it, and it did have more relative demand too as opposed to the 360.

now say if X1 had twice the user base, i wouldn't be surprised if they built the game for the X1 and then ported to the PS4/PC and we would easily see an X1 version that replicated the PS4 version that we see at the moment.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    the only difference being, they don't want to...not that they don't know how to.
    Sufi, what do you think the word lazy means?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    Sufi, what do you think the word lazy means?
    lazy would mean that they have no reason to not do it. that's not true.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I thought Sufi's post was a long way to say it's not financially beneficial to spend time maxing out any of the hardware.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Thread Information