Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Killzone Mercenary Botzone in next PS Store update.

According to the All things PS Vita on Twitter.

Just seen this tweet:

https://twitter.com/jh_boos/status/455098357305073664

"@JH_BOOS: Be on the look out for botzone on the next #psvita store update!"
    Fingers crossed it's coming next week then. Personally can't wait for this

Forum Guru
    Just to confirm, this is now happening.
    The wait is over! Botzone DLC for Killzone Mercenary drops in the US today, Europe tomorrow and Japan on Thursday!
    The Botzone Soldier Training Pack will be 2.49$ for US and 2.49€ for Europe.
    This will be downloaded tomorrow for me

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I have Mercenary but haven't played it yet. Is it good?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Elder
    It's great if u like eye candy.

Just play the first 6 chapters and then make up a happy ending.

It's definitely worth a play through and has a good multiplayer where people actually use mics.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I have Mercenary but haven't played it yet. Is it good?
    Highly recommended from me. Logged just over 40 hours with a mix of single player and multiplayer. Each story chapter also has additional contracts to complete with varying objectives, for example Demolition contracts involve heavy use of armoury and blowing stuff up/planting and detonating charges, while Covert contracts are the more stealth approach. There's also Precision contracts which are accuracy focused objectives.

Multiplayer features 8 maps (was 6 + 2 free DLC), game modes are Free for all, Team Death Match and Warzone, Botzone coming soon at a cost of $2.50.
    Multiplayer is 4v4, it doesn't sound a lot but is perfect for the map size and with the pace of the game, you never feel too far away from the action or left aimlessly running around trying to find someone.

It looks fantastic but also plays it. The controls are perfect and GC have done very well utilising the vita controls without making it gimmicky or spoiling the game. No click down analogue buttons means sprint is mapped to 'circle' when moving forward, if you are stationary then circle is crouch. Pressing circle again while sprinting will slide the character to prone. It works really well and hope for any other future FPS's this control scheme maybe followed, certainly beats swiping the back touch pad. Melee/knife is done with 'triangle'. When you're close to an enemy triangle prompt will come up which will then give you a directional swipe on the screen depending on which melee animation is shown, up for a nut stab, down for head stab, across for neck, that kinda thing.

Weapon switch is a front touch screen icon, as is the grenade/mine.
    There's also vanguards. These are kind of like a kill streak perk in a COD game but do not require a kill streak to activate. Kills, headshots, scavenging etc all add to the recharge timer for when a vanguard can be used. Vanguards range from defensive shields, ghost movement and missiles to name afew to give an advantage. During chapters there is armouries to resupply from or change weapons/vanguards/amour etc. Online gives you the same options to create a class beforehand.

All these weapons and vanguards etc cost Vektan $, which is earned for anything in game, kills, completing objectives etc.

Single player and multiplayer are tied together in ranking up, the amount of cash you have, your Valour collection and for unlocking trophies. For example, I'm currently rank 40/45, which has been increasing through playing single player or multiplayer. There's a 10k kill trophy which is accumulative across single/multiplayer. That kinda thing.

I just previously mentioned the Valour collection, this is basically a deck of cards and there is a number of ways to obtain a card. Ranking up, finding intel, completing objectives/contracts, killing online enemies all add to your valour collection with the aim to get a complete deck of cards. It's a neat little feature and always something else to look out for online if you see someone with a card you need

Hope that gives you a brief insight anyway, in my opinion it's fantastic. Looks great, plays well, plenty of content, active online community and thoroughly supported by the devs.

2 negative points for me are:
    - cutscenes aren't skippable. If you restart during a mission you also restart the cutscene. I know most like the back of my hand now
    - sensitivity can not be altered, personally I could do with it a little higher but no biggie.

Cheers

7. Likes Christopher likes this post

Thread Information