Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Was not sure about this game, but man is it addicting!

I personally have never cared for these MMO type games. I also have not cared about Final Fantasy since the PS1 days.

But this game has got me HOOKED!!! At first it was a tad overwhelming. There is just so much to learn! I decided to watch some tutorials on YouTube to help me understand the game more.

After a few hours I was really understanding how to navigate the map better, and how find where my objectives were. The first hour was almost too much, and nearly made me want to quit playing. After I reached level 4 or 5, I became really addicted.

I just love how I can play by myself. There are instances where I need help from others, but for the most part I am playing solo. I do like how these "Fates" appear out of nowhere. Everyone gangs up on the enemie(s) in an all out ass whooping.

So far this game has certainly surpassed my expectations. I am still learning the game, and everyday the game gets a little easier for me. I can definitely see this game eating up a lot of my time.

Here is my sexy character.

2. Likes TidalPhoenix , avecha likes this post
    Forum Elder
    I'm on the fence, mu friend wants me to pick this up but I haven't played FF in years.

How are the graphics? Is it actually fun to play? I've seen videos but they never do it justice.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    Good to hear you are enjoying it. There was a time I may have been all over this game. But after playing WoW for nearly 7 years and leveling dozens of characters....I'm sooooo burnt out on leveling these days I have a hard time starting over in any game. Not to mention I'm still trying to clean out a backlog of titles from last gen because of the time I spent in WoW :P

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I'm on the fence, mu friend wants me to pick this up but I haven't played FF in years.

How are the graphics? Is it actually fun to play? I've seen videos but they never do it justice.

From what little I played of this, the gfx are great. I love the attack and spell animations. After playing SW:TOR however, I have a tough time not having a fully voiced over mmo.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I personally have never cared for these MMO type games. I also have not cared about Final Fantasy since the PS1 days.

But this game has got me HOOKED!!! At first it was a tad overwhelming. There is just so much to learn! I decided to watch some tutorials on YouTube to help me understand the game more.

After a few hours I was really understanding how to navigate the map better, and how find where my objectives were. The first hour was almost too much, and nearly made me want to quit playing. After I reached level 4 or 5, I became really addicted.

I just love how I can play by myself. There are instances where I need help from others, but for the most part I am playing solo. I do like how these "Fates" appear out of nowhere. Everyone gangs up on the enemie(s) in an all out ass whooping.

So far this game has certainly surpassed my expectations. I am still learning the game, and everyday the game gets a little easier for me. I can definitely see this game eating up a lot of my time.

Here is my sexy character.

It is hilarious in fate parties and large fates. So many people killing enemies, even when non fate enemies stumble into the fate they have no chance. "Everything" gets killed.

Forum Elder
    Thanks shep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    The graphics are $#@!ing insane on the PS4. There is a huge difference between PS3 version and PS4. I love this game and find it hard to play anything else. I started infamous second son and said $#@! it back to ff. I am 7/12 for my Atmas, which are a grind to say the least.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    $#@!ing berts was playing nonstop the entire day yesterday. I swear to god he was online from morning, till I went to bed lol.

The graphics are pretty good for the size of this game. I do love those huge Fate battles when there are like 30 others beating the $#@! out of the enemy lol.

This is a quality game no doubt.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Only FF game i played was 7 ( i think ) on PS1 with the guy with the Gatling Gun. a year a ago i played XIII but got bored halfway through. How is the combat in this game ? and is there any other thing to do beside missions ?
    Last edited by Abdou23; 04-19-2014 at 11:54.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Only FF game i played was 7 ( i think ) on PS1 with the guy with the Gatling Gun. a year a guy i played XIII but got bored halfway through. How is the combat in this game ? and is there any other thing to do beside missions ?
    Besides quest, you got dungeons, Fates, crafting (most useless in this game), PvP.

It is not bad to give the game a go for 15 bucks for a month. It gets quite boring after realizing there is no deep RPG element to this game though.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post

Graphics: Great

Combat: Good.

RPG Element: Bad. No real option. You level up and you are given skills. Nothing you can do about it. No skill trees. You have attribute, but you just pool everything into one set you dont even think about it.

Items have designated class. So variability is gone. You can't choose play style. Character chooses for you.

Story: ehh. It itself isn't bad, but execution is bad. Cheesy lines. Cheesy characters. Terrible freaking interactions and cutscene moments. For example, i think they used /emote commands for laughing and etc for cut scenes and stuff.

No voice, but even main story with some voiced portions are so bad it actually work against it.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-19-2014 at 04:33.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    So I've never been a fan of FF or, for that matter, any jRPG - but I'm hooked on this game. It really is a crap load of fun! The first couple of hours were a complete mind boggling mess. But with some tweaks to the interface and reading a few guides it all clicks into place much more quickly. Still struggling occasionally to work out where my next mission is on the map (usually when it's in a different area I struggle to locate that area).

All in all I would really recommend this game to anyone and I'm surprised it's not getting more publicity than it is on the PS4.

If you do join in the EU then I'm on Phoenix

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I found the set of The Lion King!

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I found the set of The Lion King!

+1 good sir.

14. Likes sharky742 likes this post

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    I could not agree more with the OP. You took the words out my mouth. Love this game. Still trying to get my head around it, but my god this game is such a quality product. Other games makers could learn lots by following Square's example!

16. Likes avecha likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Goddamnit, Lethal. You've convinced me to give the game another go - just added a 60 day timecard to my account and will be PS4'ing it up later.

18. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This is a solid game and what's cool is that Yoshi was talking about how FF differentiates itself from other MMOs and he said that the frequency of content is going to be one of the hallmarks for the game which is pretty cool. I'm already impressed with the content that 2.1 and 2.2 brought and then there were mid point updates which brought their own features and tweaks. There#s so much content already in the game and so much more coming with personal housing, chocobo training and the gold saucer (though that's been delayed a lil). if you're a FF fan the game is golden, even if you#re not it#s an awesome game with nice art, good visuals, great music and lots to do.

20. Likes Lethal , Bluehazeburnout likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Played for a few hours now and I won't lie, really warming to the game. Just hit level 15 so looking forward to the duty finder and dungeons etc. can definitely now see myself subscribing for a few months.

Having recently played Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV beats it hands down.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There's a whole lot of cool stuff looming too, including my personal endgame: individual player housing. Choco training might also be coming in 2.3 too. It's already huge and is only going to get bigger, better and deeper which is exciting. As one of SEs most relevant titles at the moment I think good things are set for quite a while.

Thread Information