Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    There is no OFF for the controller lightbar, only Bright, Medium and Dim...Dim is ok but I was hoping for darker than that....hope it helps conserve the battery though.

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Share factory didn't download for me, wtf?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sryche22 View Post
    There is no OFF for the controller lightbar, only Bright, Medium and Dim...Dim is ok but I was hoping for darker than that....hope it helps conserve the battery though.
    I doubt it. I don't think the LEDs used very much power to begin with. On the upside, my controller nolonger acts like a blue flashlight anymore. I expected it to be dimmer, but it'll do.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 04-30-2014 at 09:03.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I can confirm that remote play over the internet now works with Apple routers!
    With wake up from standby and all.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    They are rolling out a Vita and PS App update as well for those who are interested:

Sony has detailed updates for PlayStation Vita and its PlayStation App, both of which will launch with the major PS4 update scheduled for tomorrow April 30.

According to the PlayStation blog, the Vita and app updates are designed to facilitate "greater integration with your PS4 system."

The Vita 3.15 update enables automatic device registration, which will automatically detect and pair both systems when they're both online and signed in. This will make it quicker to get started on Remote Play, or access other second-screen features.

The PlayStation App 1.70 update, meanwhile, enables the option to receive push notifications for PS4 alerts you wish to receive, such as gameplay invitations or friend requests. Friend requests will also become available via email or text message.

Sony also reveal some smaller changes coming to the PS4 console, such as new light-dimming options for DualShock 4 controller, easier ways of making friends, and new payment methods, including PayPal. For the complete list of changes, check out the blog.

The previously announced PS4 patch brings a number of major new features with it, such as the SHAREfactory video-editing app and the ability to pre-download games so they're playable the moment they're released.
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    Yeah ps app update is out for android. Just changed my photo. Hated that you had to have FB before.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    It's available for UK too. Just downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    It should have put a share factory icon in your list to click on and download. If that's not there, might have to delete it and reinstall (if that's possible).

---------------

Pretty disappointed considering they it was said this was going to be amazeballs.

New Trophies sort option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.
    Really, one whole new sorting system. Couldn't they have added to sort by ones you've actually unlocked too. I don't like having to scroll past ones I've not unlocked and get potential spoilers.

No mp3 support
    No sorting of the one long list of games etc
    No backgrounds / themes

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    Share Factory is an App in the store to download. FW1.7 just enables it

Lets hope the 15 minute bug is sorted or Share Factory will be pointless. No point in recording the last 15 minute 3 hours ago

The whole MP3 support and movie playback etc I can live without, I never used it for PS3 but jesus christ the basic function of not having a ****ing folder to sort stuff out is pissing me off now.
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 04-30-2014 at 10:02.

Veteran
    I missed alot of footage I actually wanted to capture because of that stupid bug. Nothing hurts more then trying to show off the feature to friends only to have it record the wrong thing...

Different time options and a better fast forward/scrolling option would be nice too.. Sucks fast forwarding through 14 minutes of bs to get to the 1 minute of footage I want to see. Atleast you can edit the footage now without a FB account requirement...

Last edited by faaeng; 04-30-2014 at 10:06.

10. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Master Guru
    Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan View Post
    Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Short, yet informative
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What's the size of the download?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    PS4 1.7 Firmware Update: Here Are All the Stealthy Changes and Fixes not Included in the Patch Notes

Today Sony Computer Entertainment released the new 1.7 firmware update, and published the official patch notes. Turns out, though, that the notes aren’t really complete, and the update includes several stealthy changes that Sony did not list, including some very relevant ones, like the ability to log in a second user with the same DualShock 4 controller, as discovered by NeoGAF user Guymelef and others.

• Notifications: New notification type: From PlayStation.
    • System: You can now log in with multiple users with a single DualShock 4 controller without logging out the others.
    • System: The “What’s New” menu now has timestamps.
    • System: The log-in screen won’t be displayed anymore when reconnecting the DS4.
    • System: When a game crashes you can now choose to attach a video clip in the error report and send it to Sony.
    • System: Added option to automatically send error reports to Sony.
    • Settings – Audio: You can now force the PS4 to output 5.1 channel audio over HDMI even if it detects 7.1 channel support.
    • Settings – Video: “Deep Colur Output” added. It’s possible to set it to “off” and “automatic”.
    • Share: It’s now possible to upload multiple screenshots to Facebook at the same time.
    • Streaming: Comments/viewers notifications added when you are in a full screen streaming.
    • Streaming: You can now upload screenshots and video while broadcasting.
    • Streaming: You can now view comments without having to switch streaming modes.

In addition to the changes listed above, multiple users are reporting that the whole operating system is now faster, especially on the PSN storefront,on the trophies screen, on the “What’s New” section and during overall multitasking.

Finally, others are also mentioning that the bug that caused the “Share” button to record the wrong segment of footage has been corrected, and now it correctly records the latest fifteen minutes of gameplay.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/...e-patch-notes/

Plenty of fixes there I like Should have had them in the main notes IMO.

15. Likes Sryche22, Omar likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I know sony are making out this update is some huge deal, but there isnt really one thing in there that i care for. but hey, each to there own

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

17. Likes avecha likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    PS4 1.7 Firmware Update: Here Are All the Stealthy Changes and Fixes not Included in the Patch Notes

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/...e-patch-notes/

Plenty of fixes there I like Should have had them in the main notes IMO.
    Not much I care about there. But they should definitely have released those with the official notes.... why not tell us about everything?

And if the reports are true of the os being faster that's cool. But people notice that sort of stuff every time... because they want to.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    It actually is faster, the exclusion of minor fixes is nothing new, they did it with the ps3 also.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    It actually is faster, the exclusion of minor fixes is nothing new, they did it with the ps3 also.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    is it considerably faster? i want to check it out. i hope we get the feature where we can see the msgs before clicking on them...like when they pop up. especially in your voice chat rooms, those don't even show up. the group chat feature is already there, just needs a pop up.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    From what I have read on the internet, there are some significant changes and most are hidden. This article gives good detail also:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/04/...firmware-1-70/

• The Virtual Keyboard has a new shortcut: hold L2 and press triangle to quickly switch to and from the symbols layout. Should make typing in my horrifically randomised password a little easier…

• Sony can now send you notifications “From PlayStation”. If you wanted slightly shoutier adverts, you’ve got what you wished for.
    • Turn off HDCP in Settings > System when you want to capture footage with an external device, but you’ll have to turn it back on when you next want to watch a Blu-ray film or hop onto Netflix:

• There’s some new Blu-ray management options under the Video Playback Settings. You can set a default Language, delete cached data and decide whether or not to let your films have internet access.
    • There’s a “Noise Reduction” setting that has been added as an option during playback.
    • I’ve been told that you can force 5.1 audio over HDMI even if your amp is designed for 7.1.
    • You can have the PS4 automatically dim the screen with the Start Screensaver setting under Sound and Screen:

• There’s some fresh privacy options under PSN > Privacy Settings > Real Name and Profile Picture. If you let someone see your real name, this makes them a “Close Friend”, and you can now decide if they see your real name in-game (which may then appear in saved videos and screenshots) and if their Close Friends can also see your real name and details.
    • TV & Video apps can now be started by voice, and ”Save video clip” and “Start video clip” have been added to the voice commands library.

Hidden behind the larger changes to the share functionality have been some slightly smaller ones:

• The little logo to head to your Capture Library from your profile page is now a camera and a slice of film, rather than a non-descript folder.
    • The Capture Library also has a great big square all to itself on the main PDM menu:

• You can set the length of video clip that is automatically cached by the share system. It can be changed to 1, 3, 5, 10 or 15 minutes long – with 15 the default – in a setting that’s under Share Settings > Video Clip Settings.
    • Share Factory is a separate 942MB download. It’s also utterly baffling to get started with, so you can check out the manual here.
    • USB Export works with drives formatted in both FAT32 and exFAT, but not NTFS or HFS+. exFAT support is great because it supports files that are large than 4GB in size and larger hard drives than FAT32.
    • Using the USB export feature, I’ve checked a few captured videos, and can say that the PS4 captures video at 720p with a bitrate that varies between 5Mbps and 9Mbps.

Now, while I can’t do much broadcasting myself – my internet connection is awful – there have apparently been changes to that system too, as revealed by the notes on the USB install download page:

• Screenshots and video clips will not be saved when you select Broadcast Gameplay in the menu for the Share feature. To save screenshots, select Upload Screenshot or press the Triangle button. To save video clips, select Upload Video Clip or press the Square button.
    • You can now set the audience on Facebook for sharing your screenshots and video clips.
    • Share Settings > Video Clip Settings > Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording is now turned on by default.
    • The screen layout for when you are broadcasting has been improved.
    • Stop Broadcasting is now under Broadcast Settings.
    • You can now submit a grief report about an inappropriate profile picture or broadcast.

How about you? Have you spotted any little tweaks and changes that we’ve missed?
    Sources: PlayStation, me fiddling around with my PS4.

22. Likes Sryche22, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    man...i know those changes aren't big but some of those changes are exactly what i wanted. now if only we had the option to turn off controller like the capture timings. i would keep it at 1 min or 3 lol.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    So, still no mp3 support?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Still no Pause/Resume options for downloads ? Are they joking or what ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

26. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    ^oh right i forgot about that, how stupid lol.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    err...to be honest I think this update is a bit pants. They really are slow getting the features out that we all want to see. I STILL can't manage my PS Vita apps from my PS4 - really? No DLNA. Not even mp3 support it would appear. And still no way to manage my ever growing behemoth of application bar

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

29. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    yeah, i totally get what you mean Sparc. this is one area they still have not improved. you'd think after all the praises, they'd hire more people to get **** done. firstly, this frequency is too slow...too slow. it's already been about 6 months from launch, why are we just now getting an update? i've seen games getting faster updates than this. and they're sitting on one of the fastest selling consoles ever.

they owe their consumers for all their success. they're acting like the old Sony in this aspect still. and the update really isn't that substantial even though it does fix some things for me that bothered me a lot. but putting in DLNA/MP3/Pausing downloads etc. should have been there by now. and who knows when they will release another update. it's frustrating. especially since i was really hoping that PS4 would be my one-stop for everything, it's hardly anything good other than netflix. sometimes i just wanna mess around and not play a game.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    err...to be honest I think this update is a bit pants. They really are slow getting the features out that we all want to see. I STILL can't manage my PS Vita apps from my PS4 - really? No DLNA. Not even mp3 support it would appear. And still no way to manage my ever growing behemoth of application bar
    Seems im not the only one who thinks this update is a pile of ****!!! all i want is a better battery life for my ds4 and mp3/4 support atm!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information