Latest PSU headlines:

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you are absolutely right except Sony can't make enough PS4s so that rebuttal gets thrown out the window.
    Now that I don't believe...lol

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Now that I don't believe...lol
    of course you don't.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    If the demand isn't greater than ps4 that means it's low? I don't know about that.
    The **** are you talking about? I said if they aren't having stock issues then the demand is low. MS isn't shipping out every console they make because the demand is low and retailers don't want more. 1.1m in 3 months, after bragging about how much better it's doing than the 360, is bad. The 360 sold 1.7m in its first jan-mar qt. Demand is slipping big time when comparing qts with the 360. edit:You can make the argument that MS can produce millions of xbones. There's really no way to dispute that because they haven't been lucky enough to experience stock issues for us to judge their production rate.

If you look at all the markets ps4 is available in, which is more than 3 times that of xb1, they should be ahead and by a lot more IMO.
    And that's why you should throw your opinion out. You're ignorant to supply and demand. The ps4 supply isn't able to keep up with the demand. If demand outstrips the supply then you're having stock issues. There's no way they can ship more ps4's to these other markets. That's why your argument doesn't make any sense.

Facts. I know you are in disbelief but it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-19-2014 at 21:07.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

4. Likes victorijapoosp , mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Dude its obvious that hes just throwing bait out there now to get some reactions. lol
    no i think he really believes in all of this.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    no i think he really believes in all of this.
    Thats some severely delusional viewpoints if thats the case. lol

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The **** are you talking about? I said if they aren't having stock issues then the demand is low. MS isn't shipping out every console they make because the demand is low and retailers don't want more. 1.1m in 3 months, after bragging about how much better it's doing than the 360, is bad. The 360 sold 1.7m in its first jan-mar qt. Demand is slipping big time when comparing qts with the 360. edit:You can make the argument that MS can produce millions of xbones. There's really no way to dispute that because they haven't been lucky enough to experience stock issues for us to judge their production rate.

And that's why you should throw your opinion out. You're ignorant to supply and demand. The ps4 supply isn't able to keep up with the demand. If demand outstrips the supply then you're having stock issues. There's no way they can ship more ps4's to these other markets. That's why your argument doesn't make any sense.

Facts. I know you are in disbelief but it really doesn't matter.
    It's possible but not definite. You also throw 360 numbers in compared to xb1 but fail to realize xbox360 was available in more more markets and was cheaper.

Elite Sage
    It's possible but not definite. You also throw 360 numbers in compared to xb1 but fail to realize xbox360 was available in more more markets and was cheaper.
    What's definite is the ps4 production isn't able to keep up with consumer demand.

And the xbox 360 was available in 7 more countries during the same period. Funny that you bring up price. You can now buy the xbone bundle for the same price as the *360 in the UK. You can also buy the xbone bundle in the states and come out cheaper than buying a *360 w/game(fun fact: cheaper than the ps4 w/game too). These other countries aren't going to make much of a dent in the xbones total sales. Not enough that it matters to the extent that you hope it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_launch

*during launch.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-19-2014 at 21:31.

Extreme Poster
    Sub lives in Alice's Wonderland where anything can happen. Keep that dream alive bro.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    MSes own statement said that it was shipped. They haven't given a sold-through number since end of December when they were at 3M sold to consumers.

For reference sake, the XBox 360 sold 513,000 units the month Gears of War dropped. That is how much of a failure this NPD report is.
    Yup. So Substance even adds more fairy tale to MS's own PR statement.

It is just amazing how delusional can one person be.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Xbone demand is SO HIGH! you can pick one up with forza and titanfall @349, that's 2 games and 80 discount.

Retailers are in overstuffed "get rid of this crap" mode. What do you think their margin was on this to begin with?

429 is the retail price. Minus the VAT that the retailer expected to have taken 357 [429/1.2 = 357] as revenue @ RRP.

instead they are selling for 349 [349/1.2] = 290 as revenue then minus 25 for a free game @wholesale price[other game is included subsidised by MS]. Retailer is recieving 265. [I wonder how much they bought the unit for from MS? 250?]

That is ~100 less than they expected to accrue from each unit in sales. Either Microsoft is taking a heavy loss to subsidise the retailers or the retailers are trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible at their own cost. If so, they are unlikely to restock any time soon. Microsoft will have to find a new metric other than "shipped in" to retailers for their massaged PR.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 04-19-2014 at 21:56.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Sage
    What's definite is the ps4 production isn't able to keep up with consumer demand.
    according to Sony. I know I can walk in a store and buy one right now if I wanted to. You can call it what you want.

And the xbox 360 was available in 7 more countries during the same period. Funny that you bring up price. You can now buy the xbone bundle for the same price as the *360 in the UK. You can also buy the xbone bundle in the states and come out cheaper than buying a *360 w/game(fun fact: cheaper than the ps4 w/game too). These other countries aren't going to make much of a dent in the xbones total sales. Not enough that it matters to the extent that you hope it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_launch

*during launch.
    lol.. You don't have to provide a link for the xbox 360 launch because I already knew that. You should of checked that info before you posted about it.the point is xbox 360 was more available during this time last gen. Right now xb1 is only available in 13 countries . It's only behind 2 million. Now that doesn't mean that xb1 would be ahead if it was available in more countries but to imply that it means nothing is out there. Yes, ps4 is in higher demand and leading in sales. No one is denying that, but it also should be noted that other factors are in play here too. Price and availability play a key role too. Don't confuse what forum members know to that of an entire gaming community.

Superior Member

according to Sony. I know I can walk in a store and buy one right now if I wanted to. You can call it what you want.

lol.. You don't have to provide a link for the xbox 360 launch because I already knew that. You should of checked that info before you posted about it.the point is xbox 360 was more available during this time last gen. Right now xb1 is only available in 13 countries . It's only behind 2 million. Now that doesn't mean that xb1 would be ahead if it was available in more countries but to imply that it means nothing is out there. Yes, ps4 is in higher demand and leading in sales. No one is denying that, but it also should be noted that other factors are in play here too. Price and availability play a key role too. Don't confuse what forum members know to that of an entire gaming community.
    You are the one confused man. It is 7 million sold to consumers vs 5 million shipped. So gap is far bigger than 2 million.

And if PS4 that available Gamestop wont make announcements everything it became available.

And don't forget about selling consoles at $460 - $100 (2 games) = $360 and still getting out sold.

Lol come on man. No desperate amount of spin can change this.

Extreme Poster

yeah 5m lol, MS is trying to play a game here. it's ok though, they will have to get rid of that stock one way or another, we'll find out sooner or later, that's why i don't argue shipped vs sold.

X1 would've garnered more sales being in other countries but again, you don't understand that PS4 would have sold more if it was actually in stock half the time. but you only want to believe one of those points because one doesn't fit your imagination land.

15. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member

yeah 5m lol, MS is trying to play a game here. it's ok though, they will have to get rid of that stock one way or another, we'll find out sooner or later, that's why i don't argue shipped vs sold.

X1 would've garnered more sales being in other countries but again, you don't understand that PS4 would have sold more if it was actually in stock half the time. but you only want to believe one of those points because one doesn't fit your imagination land.
    lalalalaalalalaalalalaalalal

Cant hear your logic and facts. my faith is much stronger.

laalalalalalalalallalaalalala

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Can't wait for when Sony starts announcing shipped to retailers rather than sold

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    You are the one confused man. It is 7 million sold to consumers vs 5 million shipped. So gap is far bigger than 2 million.

And if PS4 that available Gamestop wont make announcements everything it became available.

And don't forget about selling consoles at $460 - $100 (2 games) = $360 and still getting out sold.

Lol come on man. No desperate amount of spin can change this.
    something wrong with your math. if the gap is far bigger than 2 million lets see some proof. How many of those 5 million xb1s have been sold to customers? Not even ms knows so I'm sure you don't either.

Elite Sage
    something wrong with your math. if the gap is far bigger than 2 million lets see some proof. How many of those 5 million xb1s have been sold to customers? Not even ms knows so I'm sure you don't either.
    We do know that retailers only ordered a little more than 1.1m xbones in 3months

MS has to convince retailers that they need to order more. Just imagine when the price goes back to normal with no packed in game. MS are screwed with no official price cut or kinectless sku.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I'd suggest you leave it be, your never going to get through to him, just wait till the fiscals come out. He probably said the same thing last time?

Remember it was a gap of 1.2 million because MS announced over 3 million sold, and Sony announced 4.2 million sold.
    Remember the actual number was .3 million when all was said and done?

You might, but he doesn't. People around here have short memories, and are quick to forget egg on their face.
    Just wait for the fiscals. PR fluff is PR fluff.

Thanks god MS's one isn't a month away.

We will have half the answer then.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-19-2014 at 22:32.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Sage
    the only egg on faces has been the lackluster effect Titanfall has had on the xbone's sales

I had it on my face because I thought the xbone would move 400k this month in the states.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    the only egg on faces has been the lackluster effect Titanfall has had on the xbone's sales

I had it on my face because I thought the xbone would move 400k this month in the states.
    Your not the only one, we all thought it would shift units. But I don't get this pointless guess work about numbers, just wait for the fiscals. Do the dancing on graves then
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Veteran
    Im positive MS knows how many XB1s were sold. They just opted to publish the shipped numbers cause it looks better..

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Im positive MS knows how many XB1s were sold. They just opted to publish the shipped numbers cause it looks better..

They don't know how many were sold to consumers, Sony doesn't know either. Sony even told everybody in their 7 million sold statement that it was just an estimate. Last time when Sony announced 4.2 million sold to customers they just estimated they sold everything thing they made.
    So no, none of them "know" they only know what gets ordered off them from the retailers.

*1 Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...255558241.html
    Last edited by mynd; 04-19-2014 at 23:05.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post

your positive, huh. Wow, you guys are hilarious.

Veteran
    If thats true whats the whole point of sold-through and sold-in numbers?

PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Sage
    Does the xbox require the internet for the initial set it up? I haven't kept up in that area.

Thread Information