Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MS's back is against the wall this next qt. These bundles are eventually going to run out and retailers, who MS claim they aren't paying, are going to stop discounting the console out of their own profits. So what happens when these limited edition bundles no longer exist? What happens when the price goes back to normal? You already know. Sales are going to drop big time.

Statistically(look at the spoiler below), the xbone isn't popular enough to pull off having a better Ap-Jn qt than Ja-Mr. The xbone sold more than 1.1m but less than 1.9m in Ja-Mr. There's been no word of any official price cut. No upcoming exclusive that's bigger than titanfall. No huge multiplats that's associated with the xbox brand.

Overall, the xbone is still the 3rd fastest selling console in history.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-20-2014 at 13:21.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

2. Likes Peregrin8X likes this post
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No I'm just ignoring you, because you make no sense, and speak in riddles then roll around and around, and I'm just done trying to discuss anything with you. It all ends up in the same BS so whats the point.

PS. PR fluff doesn't mean its a lie FFS, grow up.

Will happily discuss after fiscals are released next month, when we have some real numbers that you can compare.

And yes fiscal data is far more accurate. Thanks for playing.
    Except I proved to you all the numbers you were mentioning were all Press Release. Not fiscal.

Dude. Stop embarrassing yourself. You didnt even know what Fiscals were. You kept pointing to Press Release info.

Keep putting that "egg" on your self.

Also, very funny you suddenly stop as soon as I prove beyond the doubt with sources that numbers are not on fiscal.

https://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...2/default.aspx

numbers are actually only on "Press Release" section. Not on 10Q.

Checkmate. Do your typical run away, dodge, avoid fact tactics.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-20-2014 at 14:21.

4. Likes Peregrin8X likes this post
    Superior Member

OMFG.

Jan 06 -Press release about 3 million
    Jan 23 -FISCAL REPORT 3.9 million sold.

Really, WTF I haven't been banging on about waiting for the fiscal for nothing.
    Actually Jan 23 was Press Release too. Not Fiscal. says "Press Release"

https://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...2/default.aspx

Guesswork, just like Sony. Why I don't trust anything except fiscals.
    So what this? Cause I see unit numbers.
    http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/fina...q3_sonypre.pdf
    Yup. Thats not 10q fiscal, but that is actually Press release slides and those slide dont even have PS4 sold serpately.

I also see it filled under investor relations. Are you honestly saying they are not duty bound to report correct information to investors?
    They aren't compelled to give this information, but any disclosure they do release has to be correct.
    Wait? So now Press release stuff has to be correct? I thought you said only Fiscal numbers are correct and everything was "PR Fluff". I thought you said Press release was just "guess work"

Now you admit it actually have to be correct? After I told you countless times they are? what about PR fluff and everything?

https://www.microsoft.com/global/Inv...SFT_FY14Q2_10Q.
    http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/fina.../13q3_sony.pdf

Those are the fiscal. No info on that sales unit data for X1 and PS4.

Will happily discuss after fiscals are released next month, when we have some real numbers that you can compare.
    But all you did was link press release numbers. Not fiscal.

I am guessing you truly dont even know what fiscal actually is after all that talk. Keep linking that press release info and call it fiscal.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-20-2014 at 15:19.

6. Likes Peregrin8X likes this post
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Inb4lock

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IshTing View Post
    Inb4lock
    why should it be locked

its not like there's blatant name calling.

its entertaining though to see people who downplay these npd results get cold hard facts represented to them, then bitter silence

Twofordamoney
    attacktitan

you guys rock

9. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    It sort of seems like the core gamers bit early on with Generation 8 posting such high numbers. That being said, sales of Titanfall seem to indicate that MS has run its course with its core gamers in its fanbase and is now on free momentum while the PS4 is still at full power (look at this like the first stage of a rocket burning). They sell what they ship. Now, the only thing that remains to be seen is how much resistance there is amongst the non-hardcore for the XBone.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's not the end of the line for the XBone itself just because they pushed fewer hardware sales with Titanfall than Gears of War did for the 360. The thing was originally marketed as something other than a games machine and that may very well be why it is still trending better than the 360 did when it first came out. What can be gained from this NPD result is that MS did NOT win back the 360 fanbase in any way. Those guys used to push software and console sales very hard last gen and it is not happening with the XBone.

IF MS can keep their momentum without its hardcore gamer fanbase, then they made the right call after all trying to re-kinect with their late-7th-gen fanbase rather than their early 7th gen fanbase (pun intended). Sony, on the other hand, has definitely united its core fanbase with the 360s core fanbase from last gen. Brand power is not selling the thing, it is clearly the product itself on its own merits. Amongst core gamers such as people in this forum and other gaming sites, this is seen as a massive embarrassment for XBox.

11. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    It sort of seems like the core gamers bit early on with Generation 8 posting such high numbers. That being said, sales of Titanfall seem to indicate that MS has run its course with its core gamers in its fanbase and is now on free momentum while the PS4 is still at full power (look at this like the first stage of a rocket burning). They sell what they ship. Now, the only thing that remains to be seen is how much resistance there is amongst the non-hardcore for the XBone.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's not the end of the line for the XBone itself just because they pushed fewer hardware sales with Titanfall than Gears of War did for the 360. The thing was originally marketed as something other than a games machine and that may very well be why it is still trending better than the 360 did when it first came out. What can be gained from this NPD result is that MS did NOT win back the 360 fanbase in any way. Those guys used to push software and console sales very hard last gen and it is not happening with the XBone.

IF MS can keep their momentum without its hardcore gamer fanbase, then they made the right call after all trying to re-kinect with their late-7th-gen fanbase rather than their early 7th gen fanbase (pun intended). Sony, on the other hand, has definitely united its core fanbase with the 360s core fanbase from last gen. Brand power is not selling the thing, it is clearly the product itself on its own merits. Amongst core gamers such as people in this forum and other gaming sites, this is seen as a massive embarrassment for XBox.
    The one factor you guys seem to continue to ignore is that you can buy ps4 in over 70 regions and xbox1 in only 13. Selling 5 million Xbox consoles at a more expensive price and in far less regions is just as much of an accomplishment as Sony selling 7 million with a lower price. The only thing hurting ms right now is the price. Titanfall wasn't going going to wipeout ms sales deficit, but it did speak volumes by coming in at no1 despite ps4 leading in sales. All numbers are a positive for the industry though.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The one factor you guys seem to continue to ignore is that you can buy ps4 in over 70 regions and xbox1 in only 13. Selling 5 million Xbox consoles at a more expensive price and in far less regions is just as much of an accomplishment as Sony selling 7 million with a lower price. The only thing hurting ms right now is the price. Titanfall wasn't going going to wipeout ms sales deficit, but it did speak volumes by coming in at no1 despite ps4 leading in sales. All numbers are a positive for the industry though.
    Infamous was only out for 11 days in march and sold 1 million copies in 9 days and thats without the mass marketing and press hype that Titanfall had. Would be interesting if Infamous and Titanfall released the same day. As for those "other countries" that MS didnt launch in, they historically have supported PlayStation which is why MS hasn't bothered with them yet. Those other countries aren't going to have much of an impact on X1 sales and MS knows that. Otherwise they would be stuffing those channels as well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-20-2014 at 18:43.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

NPD -Titanfall tops chart, but PS4 leads hardware again in March

Price isn't effecting it at all, titanfall bundled free at 350 in the uk and they're still not exactly flying off the shelves so retailers are offering further discounts/including more items.

PS4 on sale in a lot more regions yes, still sold out in most/limited stock available, yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superior Member

Sales isnt bad for both consoles. I mean respectively, X1 is getting their ass handed to them, but in general, it is still decent sales.

Says good thing about gaming industry that it is still healthy and alive and casual and mobile gaming isnt taking over soon.

But seriously, downplaying, dodging facts must stop. It just shows that you are nothing but desperate to try to evade blatant facts.

Not really an accomplishment when assuming 0.9 million sitting on shelves for X1.

Jan 06 -Press release about 3 million sold to consumer by end of dec
    Jan 23 -Press Release 3.9 million shipped by end of dec.

3.9-3 = 0.9 million sitting on shelves. That number prob grew since that was December.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-20-2014 at 19:04. Reason: more details

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Infamous was only out for 11 days in march and sold 1 million copies in 9 days and thats without the mass marketing and press hype that Titanfall had. Would be interesting if Infamous and Titanfall released the same day. As for those "other countries" that MS didnt launch in, they historically have supported PlayStation which is why MS hasn't bothered with them yet. Those other countries aren't going to have much of an impact on X1 sales and MS knows that. Otherwise they would be stuffing those channels as well.
    thats speculation. Maybe not about them historically supporting ps but not having much of an impact. Historically, the US supported ps too but look what happened last gen. infamous selling 1 million copies is an accomplishment but thats just how the ball rolls when reporting game sales. Those can change at any given week and titanfall happen to outsell everything for the month of March. Doesn't mean infamous won't go on to outsell Titanfall over a longer period of time. We still don't know the totals for titanfall but we do know it outsold infamous for that month. Remember, npd doesn't report 100% of the industry sales.
    Xbox1 broke records for selling fast but they are still behind.

Ps4 being in more regions is a advantage for Sony no matter you look at it. Even if consumers have preferences, the fact that it's the only next gen console available gives them that edge. That was one of the reasons why ms built such a lead on ps3. Now imagine if ps4 was only in 13 countries. Can we honestly say that the numbers wouldn't be closer? It's possible IMO, but we will never know for sure.

PSU Technical Advisor
    What you don't seem to realize is that they didn't roll out into the other regions immediately for a reason- they're far lower priority. Microsoft knows they won't sell as well there.

So the reality is, in the regions Microsoft hand picked as their 'best' they are being outsold. Globally, Playstation has always had superior sales and brand recognition than Xbox.

And, unless I'm mistaken, PS4 is still mostly supply constrained.

And no, this isn't speculation. If it were just baseless noise than I am sure Microsoft would have tried harder to launch with more territories and emphasize them. Otherwise, what's the point Substance? Why cede them all to Sony and put up zero fight until some delayed date?

They believed they could capitalize on greater sales in the territories that really mattered, to gain traction. Places where the Xbox brand enjoys greater popularity, where it would sell plenty.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 04-20-2014 at 19:31.

18. Likes victorijapoosp , mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    What you don't seem to realize is that they didn't roll out into the other regions immediately for a reason- they're far lower priority. Microsoft knows they won't sell as well there.

So the reality is, in the regions Microsoft hand picked as their 'best' they are being outsold. Globally, Playstation has always had superior sales and brand recognition than Xbox.

And, unless I'm mistaken, PS4 is still mostly supply constrained.

And no, this isn't speculation. If it were just baseless noise than I am sure Microsoft would have tried harder to launch with more territories and emphasize them. Otherwise, what's the point Substance? Why cede them all to Sony and put up zero fight until some delayed date?

They believed they could capitalize on greater sales in the territories that really mattered, to gain traction. Places where the Xbox brand enjoys greater popularity, where it would sell plenty.
    yes, and I believe they are supply constrained because they are stretched out across so many regions. Think about 75 regions and 7 miilion sold. That would probably have any company supply constrained.

Superior Member
    the thing with the Playstation brand is that it doesnt rely on 1 game to save itself from failure. there's no "killer app", but a wide range of top quality games that covers all bases.

PS4 is a runaway success that dont need a killer app

21. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    What you don't seem to realize is that they didn't roll out into the other regions immediately for a reason- they're far lower priority. Microsoft knows they won't sell as well there. So the reality is, in the regions Microsoft hand picked as their 'best' they are being outsold. Globally, Playstation has always had superior sales and brand recognition than Xbox. And, unless I'm mistaken, PS4 is still mostly supply constrained. And no, this isn't speculation. If it were just baseless noise than I am sure Microsoft would have tried harder to launch with more territories and emphasize them. Otherwise, what's the point Substance? Why cede them all to Sony and put up zero fight until some delayed date? They believed they could capitalize on greater sales in the territories that really mattered, to gain traction. Places where the Xbox brand enjoys greater popularity, where it would sell plenty.
    Thats what I was trying to say but you said it much better.If MS thought they would sell well in those regions they would have launched in those regions. Why just step aside and let Sony grab those sales if they really thought they could attain any meaningful marketshare from those regions? No speculation just common sense.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-20-2014 at 20:17.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    the thing with the Playstation brand is that it doesnt rely on 1 game to save itself from failure. there's no "killer app", but a wide range of top quality games that covers all bases.

PS4 is a runaway success that dont need a killer app
    I don't think any console could survive if they only relied on one game. both xb1 and ps4 have the basis covered in providing variety. And quality. The only genre ps may have an advantage in is sports with the mlb show series, which is great but not as popular as the other 3 big ones.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    More regions or not, the PS4 is outselling the X1 even in regions the two have in common. So...
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I don't think any console could survive if they only relied on one game. both xb1 and ps4 have the basis covered in providing variety. And quality. The only genre ps may have an advantage in is sports with the mlb show series, which is great but not as popular as the other 3 big ones.
    Thats because MLB The Show only releases in one territory. Because of that its not as "popular" as the other 3 but it certainly imo is better than the other 3.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    More regions or not, the PS4 is outselling the X1 even in regions the two have in common. So...
    Exactly. And 2 of those regions are MS strongest markets. MS is getting outsold in the only 2 regions they were ever the leaders in. All these straw man arguments are just vain attempts to dance around that fact somehow.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-20-2014 at 20:26.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats because MLB The Show only releases in one territory. Because of that its not as "popular" as the other 3 but it certainly imo is better than the other 3.
    Actually it releases in two. It isn't as popular because the sport of baseball just isn't as popular as the others on a world scale. Soccer is the champ there.

Forum Overseer
    @mynd, yeah, the point is that shipping estimates aren't as good as sold estimates because especially with MS, we don't really know what those shipment means when retailers are having a hard time selling those shipments.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Actually it releases in two. It isn't as popular because the sport of baseball just isn't as popular as the others on a world scale. Soccer is the champ there.
    Yeah I already knew the reason why. Its all about fifa everywhere else. lol But releasing in only 2 territories certainly doesn't help either. But it sells about a million copies on average so Sony continues the series.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-20-2014 at 20:36.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think the jury is out on that. History may very well stand to judge that losing the market where you sold over half of your previous gen consoles to the competition while fumbling about trying to localize your firmware for Bangladesh and Portugal due to this TVTVTVSportsSports stuff was quite the opposite of an accomplishment.

It's too early to tell anything other than PS4 has clearly and resoundingly run away with the entire market and still sells everything they ship through to customers. I'm saving happy stickers and ribbons for the XBone until we have at least a year down the road to see what they got right or wrong.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    LTD as of November 2013:

1) Wii U - 1.62 million (+0.48 million from PS4, +0.71 million from XBO)
    2) PS4 - 1.14 million (+0.23 million from XBO)
    3) XBO - 0.91 million

LTD as of December 2013:

1) Wii U - 2.10 million (+0.10 million from PS4, +0.28 million from XBO)
    2) PS4 - 2.00 million (+0.18 million from XBO)
    3) XBO - 1.82 million

LTD as of January 2014:

1) PS4 - 2.27 million (+0.12 million from Wii U, +0.31 million from XBO)
    2) Wii U - 2.15 million (+0.19 million from XBO)
    3) XBO - 1.96 million

LTD as of February 2014:

1) PS4 - 2.54 million (+0.31 million from Wii U, +0.32 million from XBO)
    2) Wii U - 2.23 million (+0.01 million from XBO)
    3) XBO - 2.22 million

LTD as of March 2014:

1) PS4 - 2.91 million (+_ million from Wii U, +0.4 million from XBO)
    2) XBO - 2.51 million (x million from Wii U)
    3) Wii U - x million
    source

400k PS4 lead in the States. Will be interesting to see how wide that gap grows this month.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    @mynd, yeah, the point is that shipping estimates aren't as good as sold estimates because especially with MS, we don't really know what those shipment means when retailers are having a hard time selling those shipments.
    They aren't shipping estimates.
    Soon as you can show me where they have ever said these numbers released at the fiscal reports are estimates, get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information