Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    The fact that its not the exact figures and is an approximate value makes it an estimate.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by faaeng; 04-20-2014 at 22:15.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

NPD -Titanfall tops chart, but PS4 leads hardware again in March

Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    The fact that its not the exact figures and is an approximate value makes it an estimate.

No, it just makes it a rounded number. An estimate is your best guess, a rounded number is merely looking at your accounting/inventory system and report 1.2 million instead of 1,186,347.

What sort of business would report "we think we sold this many to retailers"?

Sony used to report to two decimal places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mynd; 04-20-2014 at 22:25.

Veteran
    Rounding off is a kind of estimating.
    More precise yes, but still an estimate.

Last edited by faaeng; 04-20-2014 at 22:32.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They aren't shipping estimates.
    what microsoft gave were shipment estimates.
    Soon as you can show me where they have ever said these numbers released at the fiscal reports are estimates, get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol can you tell me where any time a report is given that numbers that go into thousands/millions are ever NOT estimates.

what are we even talking about at this point? i thought we both had established that they are estimates regardless, just that somehow you feel that fiscal year report estimates are better estimates.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what microsoft gave were shipment estimates.
    lol can you tell me where any time a report is given that numbers that go into thousands/millions are ever NOT estimates.

what are we even talking about at this point? i thought we both had established that they are estimates regardless, just that somehow you feel that fiscal year report estimates are better estimates.
    Pretty much, although I still don't think rounded numbers are estimates, they are just slightly less accurate factual numbers. An esitmate is simply a best guess and could be off by quite a bit.
    But whatever, we will get more accurate "estimates" next month fo SOny and this week from MS.

Ultimate Veteran
    I estimate, approximate and round off that the XBone got its roody poo candy ass kicked all over America from coast to coast despite Titanfall.

7. Likes x_terna, victorijapoosp , mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I estimate, approximate and round off that the XBone got its roody poo candy ass kicked all over America from coast to coast despite Titanfall.
    Those jabronys at MS got whupped from pillar to post.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    As long as you don't fall over like the ultimate warrior does, Rock, keep cooking.

My wife asked if the UW died from being too Ultimate.

Apprentice
    I am going to "estimate" that by the end of this year, Sony is up by 5-7 mil world wide, and up by at least a mil in the US.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    I am going to "estimate" that by the end of this year, Sony is up by 5-7 mil world wide, and up by at least a mil in the US.
    MS is going to have to pull a PS3 and cut the price the first year. Thankfully, the price gap isn't as large.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    MS is going to have to pull a PS3 and cut the price the first year. Thankfully, the price gap isn't as large.
    I'm not sure if they "have to", they are still selling pretty well, but if they intend to keep up with sales of Sony then yes, that exactly what Sony did when they only "estimated" 710k in that 1/4 back in 07. We all know that was the start of the 40gb model after that.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    its entertaining though to see people who downplay these npd results get cold hard facts represented to them, then bitter silence
    You would think that being shown with factual info directly from MS and Sony's own 10Q report will do it.

But no. They will try to find someway to downplay, deny and grasp at straws.

It is low as it gets. Fabricating info to feed your desperation. Talking about some info that is actually not included in fiscal.

Funniest thing about this is that the fiscal report doesnt include PS4 or X1 units sold at all.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-21-2014 at 01:01.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm not sure if they "have to", they are still selling pretty well, but if they intend to keep up with sales of Sony then yes, that exactly what Sony did when they only "estimated" 710k in that 1/4 back in 07. We all know that was the start of the 40gb model after that.
    Yeah, but they need to get some velocity going. PS3 never really recovered from its poor start in the US last gen.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The one factor you guys seem to continue to ignore is that you can buy ps4 in over 70 regions and xbox1 in only 13. Selling 5 million Xbox consoles at a more expensive price and in far less regions is just as much of an accomplishment as Sony selling 7 million with a lower price. The only thing hurting ms right now is the price. Titanfall wasn't going going to wipeout ms sales deficit, but it did speak volumes by coming in at no1 despite ps4 leading in sales. All numbers are a positive for the industry though.
    sold to who? 1m+ of those xbones are languishing on shelves and storerooms gathering dust. I like how the 5m shipped to retailers suddenly becomes SOLD!!!!
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Overseer
    @AttackTitan really? lol. So then why are we arguing about fiscal report?
    really, they don't have to? because they just did and it still didn't outsell the PS4. yes, they have to. to keep up with Sony (meaning par), they'll have to do more than lower the price.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Games hasn't worked. Price being slightly cheaper than the ps4 hasn't worked...

The only thing MS hasn't done or had handed to them(retailers cutting the price) was make a **** load of Kinect titles.

Not that it means much for total sales but every time the ps4 has been ahead on amazon, it has been ahead in npd for that month. For april, the xbox is getting killed by the ps4.

PS4 #3

Xbone #57

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...s_tab_t_bsar#1

Edit:Titanfall bundles are on their last legs. Forza bundles are done according to walmart/gamestop site. My local walmart isn't showing any xbones in stock(checking store availability). I'll check later today if I decide to go grocery shopping.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-21-2014 at 10:24.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    Including Kinect wasn't the mistake Microsoft made, it's supporting it with games [they haven't].....there are no games that make good use of it. They just included the thing and hoped developers would "get" it.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Including Kinect wasn't the mistake Microsoft made, it's supporting it with games [they haven't].....there are no games that make good use of it. They just included the thing and hoped developers would "get" it.
    kinect sports is out and it sold pretty darn good on the 360. I hope xbone version flops along with their other kinect 2 games.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Superior Member

@AttackTitan really? lol. So then why are we arguing about fiscal report?
    Yes. They used to long time ago, but they haven't done it past couple years.

There is no numbers of X1 and PS4 on their fiscal report. Below are Sony and MS's fiscal reports.
    http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/fina.../13q3_sony.pdf
    https://www.microsoft.com/global/Inv...Y12Q2_10Q.docx

If you don't have time to read the entire thing, just ctrl+f.
    MS bunched Xbox 360 and Xbox One into one number.
    So there is no sales numbers on MS and Sony's 10Q fiscals.

Ultimate Veteran
    But have you seen Titanwall?

22. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Veteran
    Thats a crap load of Titanfall bundles.
    Last edited by faaeng; 04-26-2014 at 08:35.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Drop a Titan on it. lol

Superior Member
    But have you seen Titanwall?
    jeez man thats a whole lot

and right next to that stack are empty pallets that once held PS4s

Forum Elder
    I'm not sure if they "have to", they are still selling pretty well, but if they intend to keep up with sales of Sony then yes.
    it could be selling pretty well and even doing better than MS had hoped for (cant imagine anyone at MS would have thought they'd get close to PS4 at the price). there problem is that as the news builds that PS4 is the better system with the much better games (exclusive and multi-plat) and the far bigger seller, that sales of Xbox will just continue to slow and there is nothing MS can do to change the above.

sure, drop the price, but that will not make it play the games better. obviously i have an Xbox and thought i'd carry on as before with my game buying across the systems in favor of Xbox, but if anyone asks me what system to get. i'll say go with the PS4 and even if MS include a game and equal or beat the price of PS4, i'd not recommend it.

MS in good faith might have set out (and achieved it) to make a much better box than 360. but when there is another system that plays the same games better, there is just no reason to buy an Xbox for what is available right now.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    it could be selling pretty well and even doing better than MS had hoped for (cant imagine anyone at MS would have thought they'd get close to PS4 at the price). there problem is that as the news builds that PS4 is the better system with the much better games (exclusive and multi-plat) and the far bigger seller, that sales of Xbox will just continue to slow and there is nothing MS can do to change the above.

sure, drop the price, but that will not make it play the games better. obviously i have an Xbox and thought i'd carry on as before with my game buying across the systems in favor of Xbox, but if anyone asks me what system to get. i'll say go with the PS4 and even if MS include a game and equal or beat the price of PS4, i'd not recommend it.

MS in good faith might have set out (and achieved it) to make a much better box than 360. but when there is another system that plays the same games better, there is just no reason to buy an Xbox for what is available right now.
    That's what E3 is for, buzz always comes out of these shows, but its highly important MS really brings something to the table in the way of exclusives, and I'm pretty sure they know it has to be something innovative. Very important year for MS.

Thread Information