Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Npd doesn't take that into its account just like it doesn't take that ps4 is cheaper. It only reports on retail purchases. More ps4s were sold than xb1s and more copies of titanfall were purchased. Simple as that. I don't know how many copies of the game were sold, but evidently MS, Respawn and EA don't seem to be too upset about where it stood for March. i wasn't calling anyone out personally. If you didn't notice I used it in a plural sense.
    But I dont see MS shouting any Xbone Titanfall numbers so its a fair bet that it didnt hit the number on Xbone that MS was hoping for. If it did MS would be bragging like Sony did about Infamous selling 1 million in 9 days. Heaven knows the Xbone can use whatever positive PR it can get right now. And MS never passes on the opportunity to brag up great sales. But they have been oddly quiet about Xbone Titanfall numbers.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-27-2014 at 23:48.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    But I dont see MS shouting any Xbone Titanfall numbers so its a fair bet that it didnt hit the number on Xbone that MS was hoping for. If it did MS would be bragging like Sony did about Infamous selling 1 million in 9 days. Heaven knows the Xbone can use whatever positive PR it can get right now. And MS never passes on the opportunity to brag up great sales.
    Well, titanfall is not a Microsoft studio game. They didn't publish it. I would thnk EA would be the one to release those numbers. As far as pr, that all depends on where you go to get your gaming news. Updates, e3 talk and Phil's promotion have been good things IMO. Having the no1 selling game on your console isn't too bad either. they could of done better on the hardware side, but overall, it's much better than it could of been.

Forum Overseer
    It doesn't matter if ss came out 10 days or 10 minutes later. It outsold it in March according to the npd. The fact remains that it beat out an exclusive that was also hyped. Funny how that works, huh.
    um no it does matter lol. and SS wasn't nearly as hyped, are you kidding me? those things matter, yes. also titanfall was out on PC as well, even if it sold a few dozen copies, that helps.

Oh it did sell some systems. We won't call any any names of the ones who bought it though....lol
    right, i'm sure minecraft sold some systems too, the point is that it wasn't a system seller people like yourself were hoping it to be.

before we keep going in circles more, a "system seller" implies that it would sell "a lot more" systems than "some".

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well, titanfall is not a Microsoft studio game. They didn't publish it. I would thnk EA would be the one to release those numbers. As far as pr, that all depends on where you go to get your gaming news. Updates, e3 talk and Phil's promotion have been good things IMO. Having the no1 selling game on your console isn't too bad either. they could of done better on the hardware side, but overall, it's much better than it could of been.
    But MS took on a publisher role by paying for the development of the game. I know you read that article. And thats why MS got the exclusitivity. So in that respect it might as well have been a MSG game. It was sure marketed like one. As for being the number one selling game it was on 3 platforms afterall with huge marketing. And again why no Xbone Titanfall numbers? Surely MS would be boasting.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-28-2014 at 00:12.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    So if it did well MS wouldn't be releasing numbers?

Doubt it.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    So if it did well MS wouldn't be releasing numbers? Doubt it.
    Yep exactly. In fact MS would be shouting those numbers from the rooftops instead of just being silent about it. MS has never been shy about shouting out numbers in the past when they have done well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-28-2014 at 00:18.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    So if it did well MS wouldn't be releasing numbers?

Doubt it.
    The game just barely released the end of March. Maybe they will release numbers soon. Oh, and be careful how you use the word "if".

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    The game just barely released the end of March. Maybe they will release numbers soon. Oh, and be careful how you use the word "if".
    Sure.

What do you mean? You're not starting trouble are you...?

*smh*
    I am the oncoming storm.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    They paid for the exclusive rights, they should be touting sales alongside EA. They wouldn't spend all that money for it to be on their system and let EA steal all the thunder just because they published.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

10. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    they could of done better on the hardware side, but overall, it's much better than it could of been.
    really? you don't think MS could have ever sold more than they did...in some other dimension? the dimension i speak of, in there, they didn't **** up nearly as bad.

seriously, what is this, the special Olympics? everyone's a winner?

12. Likes -Shafty- , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Superior Member
    lol

your right substance, they did sell some xbone consoles, but the rest that didnt sell are right here:

Last edited by Peregrin8X; 04-28-2014 at 00:40.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    They paid for the exclusive rights, they should be touting sales alongside EA. They wouldn't spend all that money for it to be on their system and let EA steal all the thunder just because they published.
    Well if you help fund or save a project wouldn't you want exclusive rights? I know I would. It's a win- win for Ms and Ea. Ea gets to publish one of the years biggest titles and Ms gets exclusive rights. There is no deadline for talking sales about the game. I think it coming in first for March speaks for itself. EA and MS may have different expectations for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    lol

your right substance, they did sell some xbone consoles, but the rest that didnt sell are right here:
    Pics-n- gifs...lol how original.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-28-2014 at 01:05.

Forum Overseer
    oh come off it. games that sell really well always make headlines in the first weeks, much less months. hell even SS' sales were revealed fairly quickly.

we all know TF did well but if Infamous SS was second in line and it had 10 days to sell for the rest of the month, it may not be that high of a number. summer usually has low sales.

i'm thinking they are going to wait until 360 sales are high enough and release the number at E3. I'm sure the game will sell a combined 6m or maybe more but it likely didn't sell as much as they thought (at launch).

the damn console only shipped like 1.2m for the first quarter...we don't even know how many of them are really sold yet. they just don't have the user base yet to make millions of sales right away. once those consoles are in people's hands, i'm positive the software sales will go up accordingly.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Well if you help fund or save a project wouldn't you want exclusive rights? I know I would. It's a win- win for Ms and Ea. Ea gets to publish one of the years biggest titles and Ms gets exclusive rights. There is no deadline for talking sales about the game. I think it coming in first for March speaks for itself. EA and MS may have different expectations for the game.

Pics-n- gifs...lol how original.
    Of course there is no deadline but considering MS is trying to gain some traction with a major title that they paid exclusive rights for, I see no reason to hang around and wait for EA to deliver some numbers. I'm not saying Titanfall didn't sell well. I'm saying that the position they are in, they can use the positive publicity. Why wait?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Of course there is no deadline but considering MS is trying to gain some traction with a major title that they paid exclusive rights for, I see no reason to hang around and wait for EA to deliver some numbers. I'm not saying Titanfall didn't sell well. I'm saying that the position they are in, they can use the positive publicity. Why wait?
    do you really think releasing titanfall numbers will change anything? They have had plenty of good and bad press. They are don't it right. Let the games do the talking and concentrate on the strengths of the console. If you are one of those people who already have your mind made up, nothing they say or do will probably change anything. We've already seen that. They can't stop journalist from writing what they want. Half of the stuff is just opinions anyway. Things like titanfall being the no1 game in March is exactly what they need to be doing. Getting more exclusives content. But either way people are going to put there own spin on it regardless. Having a good show at e3 is another way to do it, and I think that's exactly what they will do.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    This is my fav thread on the forum.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

19. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    do you really think releasing titanfall numbers will change anything? They have had plenty of good and bad press. They are don't it right. Let the games do the talking and concentrate on the strengths of the console. If you are one of those people who already have your mind made up, nothing they say or do will probably change anything. We've already seen that. They can't stop journalist from writing what they want. Half of the stuff is just opinions anyway. Things like titanfall being the no1 game in March is exactly what they need to be doing. Getting more exclusives content. But either way people are going to put there own spin on it regardless. Having a good show at e3 is another way to do it, and I think that's exactly what they will do.
    Releasing the numbers would be better than letting articles float around calling it a non-system seller.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Releasing the numbers would be better than letting articles float around calling it a non-system seller.
    Unless of course it is a non-system seller.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    oh come off it. games that sell really well always make headlines in the first weeks, much less months. hell even SS' sales were revealed fairly quickly.
    Has EA ever announced sales numbers?
    Just wondering, I don't ever recall them making headlines with their game sale numbers.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Just wondering, I don't ever recall them making headlines with their game sale numbers.
    if I'm not mistaken they don't do it that often.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Either way, Titanfall seems to be working just fine in the UK if not the US.

If these are reflected in the US then I would say PC had little impact on Titanfall sales.
    Last edited by mynd; 04-28-2014 at 03:02.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Either way, Titanfall seems to be working just fine in the UK as a systems seller, if not the US.
    Thats software. Its not outselling PS4 in hardware. What has it done for Xbone hardware numbers?

Forum Overseer
    ^I'm quite impressed X1 bounced back in software sales. definitely is TF doing that.
    so you don't think TF sales will be revealed close to E3 or at E3?
    Last edited by Omar; 04-28-2014 at 03:09.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats software. Its not outselling PS4 in hardware. What has it done for Xbone hardware numbers?
    Yeah I know, changed my post, but it does extrapolate across.

Also, in terms of PC sales, PC doesn't even get on the charts. Which doesn't surprise me, most sales would be digital and not counted either NPD or the UK.

Titanfall appears (in the UK at least) to be a fairly steady burn of sales. It has a lot of legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ^I'm quite impressed X1 bounced back in software sales. definitely is TF doing that.
    so you don't think TF sales will be revealed close to E3 or at E3?
    Probaly in their fiscal release next week, if at all, this game is still selling.

Forum Overseer
    mainstream titles always have long legs. i was right about this one

Thread Information