Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Just can't help myself sometimes.

Carry on then.....
    Last edited by mynd; 04-18-2014 at 08:22.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    sounds like they are competing well to me. I'm sure they would much rather be closer to 7 million, but don't forget they are still in far less territories than ps4 and still more expensive. Having the best selling game is quite an accomplishment too. Both consoles are tracking ahead of where they were this time last gen. Good news for the industry IMO.
    It's not like it would matter much. There's a reason they haven't launched in other territories. There's plenty of X1's sitting store shelves right now that could be going to these same territories that Sony is in, but they know their place in these territories, so they aren't even bothering with those places right now.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If they published the game I'm sure they would. It outsold everything else so mission accomplished I guess.
    Fairly hollow bragging there. Infamous SS didn't come out until the 21st and they are including PC sales with TF. So yeah.....yay
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    It's over, period. Microsoft lost their last ace, and that's the end of their Xbox One hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Xbox One. Microsoft has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Xbox One. Except if they want to play Titanfall. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

Sony took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a Xbox One over a PS4 (except TV SPORTS KINECT LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was Xbox One.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Microsoft is done.

While this (the slaes) isn't what anyone was expecting, the XB1 isn't done.

If it's still like this, or even not close when the next Halo hits, sure. But it's the first hyped, online-only exclusive that was available on 360 and PC as well (which was a fairly silly move, but I digress).

If you're gonna pop champagne bottles, you're doing it too early...
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-18-2014 at 12:39.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    While this isn't what anyone was expecting, the XB1 isn't done.

If it's still like this, or even not close when the next Halo hits, sure. But it's the first hyped, online-only exclusive that was available on 360 and PC as well (which was a fairly silly move, but I digress).

If you're gonna pop champagne bottles, you're doing it too early...
    Yeah......gotta keep this in perspective. It was a huge month for Sony facing down TF and still coming out on top, but it isn't like PS4 has an unsurmountable lead at this point. Hell....we are only 5-6 months into this gen! This thing is a marathon.....not a 40 yard dash.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Fairly hollow bragging there. Infamous SS didn't come out until the 21st and they are including PC sales with TF. So yeah.....yay
    it's weird how the thing didn't say 360 though...you know, considering it had the most potential to sell units.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's weird how the thing didn't say 360 though...you know, considering it had the most potential to sell units.
    Titanfall didn't drop until april for the xbox 360.

It'll likely be the reason Titanfall is number 1 for April npd.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Titanfall didn't drop until april for the xbox 360.

It'll likely be the reason Titanfall is number 1 for April npd.
    And NPD will probably group 360/X1/PC together

Forum Overseer
    so if that's just X1/PC then that's pretty impressive. considering most of those sales are likely X1. and with the 360, it would only have longer legs.

Veteran
    Strange that EA/MS never released a press statement detailing the sales of TF like Sony did with Infamous.

12. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Elder
    There are more reasons to own a ps4 in the coming months. We have more and better games coming out.
    Including MLB the show and planetside2.

Destiny will be better on PS4 with exclusive content and whatever deals they have with bungie, and probably graphically.

I don't think MS has any exclusives coming out except for project Sparc q2. Titanfall was their hardest hitter.

http://m.ign.com/games/upcoming/xbox-one

http://m.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 04-18-2014 at 19:33.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Sage
    so if that's just X1/PC then that's pretty impressive. considering most of those sales are likely X1. and with the 360, it would only have longer legs.
    Good for software sales but didn't do much for hardware sales.

MS only shipped a little more than 1.1m in 3 months. They're not having supply issues like the ps4. Retailers just aren't ordering that many. Given the price cuts are unofficial and retailers had to drop the price in order to sell xbones, I can imagine next qtr being worse if the price goes back to normal in various countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    There are more reasons to own a ps4 in the coming months. We have more and better games coming out.

Destiny will be better on PS4 with exclusive content and whatever deals they have with bungie, and probably graphically.

I don't think MS has any exclusives coming out except for project Sparc q2. Titanfall was their hardest hitter.

mlb the show. Watch dogs, The Last of Us, planet side 2. Destiny

More than likely Assassins creed and Batman. And there's rumors of the call of duty being debuted on the ps4.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-18-2014 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Strange that EA/MS never released a press statement detailing the sales of TF like Sony did with Infamous.
    yeah, one would think they would be shouting out numbers to the whole world, but it seems they would rather let NPD simply say "top seller for march" than go into details.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Um 7 million sold to customers vs 5 million sold to retailers?? The thing is ms PR actually worked with polygon and other sites running with the headline of only 2 million difference (it's actually not)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    and should we conveniently forget that Xbox is not on sale in as many countries as PS4?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    and should we conveniently forget that Xbox is not on sale in as many countries as PS4?
    that's true and will hurt MS moving forward, however PS4 lost out to X1 as well due to not having enough units. i mean, damn X1 sold 3.9 and PS4 what...4.1? that's pretty close to me.

it's only been since then that X1 just didn't keep up.

they both had an advantage and a disadvantage. but moving forward, PS4 has the advantage of being in multiple countries ...especially since supply is becoming more ample.

Master Sage
    You might as well. Over 50% of the xbone sales are coming from the states.

If these other countries didn't care about the 360 then they certainly aren't going to go nuts over the xbone.

that's true and will hurt MS moving forward, however PS4 lost out to X1 as well due to not having enough units. i mean, damn X1 sold 3.9 and PS4 what...4.2? that's pretty close to me.

it's only been since then that X1 just didn't keep up.

they both had an advantage and a disadvantage. but moving forward, PS4 has the advantage of being in multiple countries ...especially since supply is becoming more ample.
    You got to look out of the launch/holiday period.

Sony sold a little over 2.8million in 3 months since that 4.2m figure. MS has sold a little over 1.1million since that 3.9m figure.

Demand has slowed way down for the xbone.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-18-2014 at 20:53.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Think of it this way, Sony and MS both ship and sell to retailers, not you or me.
    Even their Microsoft Store is simply another "retailer".
    They don't take order from you or me, they take orders form Walmart etc etc.
    They can only ever report what they have sold to them.
    There is simply no way in hell MS or Sony could ever know whats on the shelves.
    i'd imagine having to connect the boxes online for updates (especially xbox) would give them a very good idea of how many of those numbers have left the shop and got connected to LIVE/PSN

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Good for software sales but didn't do much for hardware sales. MS only shipped a little more than 1.1m in 3 months. They're not having supply issues like the ps4. Retailers just aren't ordering that many. Given the price cuts are unofficial and retailers had to drop the price in order to sell xbones, I can imagine next qtr being worse if the price goes back to normal in various countries. mlb the show. Watch dogs, The Last of Us, planet side 2. Destiny More than likely Assassins creed and Batman. And there's rumors of the call of duty being debuted on the ps4.
    Yeah I think it was Infinity Ward that said PS4 will be the lead platform for their future CODs.

Forum Elder
    You might as well. Over 50% of the xbone sales are coming from the states.

If these other countries didn't care about the 360 then they certainly aren't going to go nuts over the xbone.
    you could well be right, but its no good at all comparing one against the other when the market for Xbox is vastly reduced compared to that for PS4.
    sure, compare the US and the numbers don't suggest that PS4 is running away with it.

for those that buy alternative consoles for the badge, then for them MS sales are i guess.... laughable.. but you need to factor in what MS think of as a success, i'd assume outselling its previous system at this point in its life in way less countries would suggest that xbox could out sell 360 over the same life span and i'd also imagine that that would have to be considered a success.

Forum Overseer
    You got to look out of the launch/holiday period.

Sony sold a little over 2.8million in 3 months since that 4.2m figure. MS has sold a little over 1.1million since that 3.9m figure.

Demand has slowed way down for the xbone.
    that's actually what i was saying lol.

23. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bit early to be saying that.
    Get back to us after E3, we should have a better idea whats going to launch, but some, all or absolutely none of MS's already announced titles could launch this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Bit early to be saying that.
    Get back to us after E3, we should have a better idea whats going to launch, but some, all or absolutely none of MS's already announced titles could launch this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well if sony did what you are expecting them to do then they're in trouble lol.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Really wish I could get a refund for TF on PC.

As far as exclusives go, I presume Infamous was great? Is it worth renting or buying?

As mynd said in the other thread, their best option is divorcing themselves from Kinect in the hopes of hitting a price point below the PS4 without bleeding cash. I think this, in combination with Halo 2 anniversary (DONT SCREW THIS UP) will really right the ship.

I would buy an Xbone if these conditions are met.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    you could well be right, but its no good at all comparing one against the other when the market for Xbox is vastly reduced compared to that for PS4. sure, compare the US and the numbers don't suggest that PS4 is running away with it. for those that buy alternative consoles for the badge, then for them MS sales are i guess.... laughable.. but you need to factor in what MS think of as a success, i'd assume outselling its previous system at this point in its life in way less countries would suggest that xbox could out sell 360 over the same life span and i'd also imagine that that would have to be considered a success.
    And by that logic for those others that buy consoles for the badge, then for them MS looks at being outsold yet again in hardware in their two strongest territories as a "success." Also wasnt theere a shortage of 360s during its launch window? Whereas MS stuffed the channels big time with X1.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-18-2014 at 21:41.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Damn. I did not see this coming.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information