Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room

MGS seems to have gone the way of COD...in a slight way

So, I've been playing quite a bit of the new MGS game.

I've been trying to get an S rank on the mission where you destroy the AA guns. I might suck and there might be some great way of doing it on youtube....but I want this game to last me a while. I'm not looking up ways to do it. I want to figure it out for myself.

Anyway, I've noticed that the enemies in MGS seem to ac***ulate just like the enemies in COD. Remember how in COD you would spend about 10 minutes in one section b/c once you shot all the enemies in a building.....then go to another area...then turn back to the building area....the windows would be filled with enemies again. TL;DR....just how the enemies respawn constantly?

Well....I've noticed that MGS seems to do something like this.

Enemies have a certain patrol but I'll be on one of the AA guns and I'll take out a guard...pick him up...lie him down away from everywhere....then turn around and another patrol will come along. I did this to the point where at the end of it all before I said "**** it" and just put some C4 on the AA gun....I had 7 ppl piled up knocked out.

It's ridiculous. I'll wait there for like 5 minutes and there will be only 2 ppl patrolling. But as soon as I shoot them with traq...hide their bodies...BAM....some patrol just happens to want to walk by. For 5 minutes just 2 around the AA gun....but not when I start to attack.

It's just aggravating.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The new MGS game does nothing for me from what I've seen streamed and whatnot.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    The game isn't really that bad.

It's just things like this, like I can't really get a handle on how enemies see you. Sometimes I'll be like 30 yds away....and they'll "notice something suspicious" and sometimes they'll see me right away...and the whole "push forward while prone but move back b/c of simulation reasons" that make it artificially difficult.

Other than that the game would be excellent.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    The game isn't really that bad.

It's just things like this, like I can't really get a handle on how enemies see you. Sometimes I'll be like 30 yds away....and they'll "notice something suspicious" and sometimes they'll see me right away...and the whole "push forward while prone but move back b/c of simulation reasons" that make it artificially difficult.

Other than that the game would be excellent.
    This is one thing I do not like. The enemies have ex ray vision it seems. I also do not like the hollow physics/impact of the guns. The engine is good, but the physics need to be improved greatly.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    LOL has the swear censor seriously censored out the word ac***ulate?

6. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    That's weird and makes no sense...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Thread Information