Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    Exojet

Question To all Xbox 360 Converts who moved over to the PS4 !!

Does anyone feel like there PS4 is a little bit foreign feeling? Not the hardware just the software and the company in general, I donít know how to explain the feeling, You know when the iPhone 5 and the Samsung galaxy S4 came out, you knew clearly that the Samsung was the better phone, it had more features and a more powerful chip yet the people who previously owned apple products still went and knowingly bought the inferior phone, the iPhone In a way is representative of the Xbox console, itís simple, itís easy, itís got a quality network and its expensive, yet the PS4 is similar to the android phone market, its sleeker, its more powerful and its cheaper, I guess Iím just a sucker for quick, simple and easy mind frame, I donít like to be bombarded with tons of features and configuration settings and I previously have paid a premium to have the dumb manís technology because itís been marketed at me in such a way it makes me think less is more!

I guess Iím an Xbox fan boy at heart, but Iím not ignorant to their mistakes & flaws the Xbox just really makes you feel like a gamer IMO despite not having the best games or the best pixels per square inch on screen, it has exclusive DLC deals for almost every game going and they market it all with such sassiness you just want to buy an Xbox one for a PS4 price!

I'm feeling tempted to Buy an Xbox One, Should I stick with Sony?
    Ps: had PS4 since December 2013, I do love it however I don't know if PSN will get PS Home for PS4 which was a major hope of mine when I made the purchase ??
    Who stole my cookie?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Nice first post on a playstationcentric forum, wonder what sort of replies its going to get? lol

PSN ID
    Exojet
    I hope to receive some helpful and positive replies from the members of PSU.com
    Who stole my cookie?

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    Get an Xbox one? Are we supposed to beg you not to?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

5. Likes MartyRules, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    The PS4 UI is a hell of a lot less convoluted than the 360 UI, imo. Which features and configurations are you feeling "bombarded" with the PS4? It is all very straightforward. I mean for straight up gaming, you stick the disc in and play.

Exclusive X1 DLC for every game? Like what?
    Last edited by Christopher; 04-20-2014 at 13:32.

7. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    It's like you left your girlfriend of 7 years and now you're feeling guilty for leaving her, and you're now re evaluating your decision whether to go back to her or stick with your new girlfriend who is hotter, smarter, and we'll rounded but she's just new to you. you don't have that bond you have with your old girlfriend.

...In this case, trade your ps4 and get an xb1, because you'll always regret getting a ps4

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    Marty7787
    I got the PS4 launch day, coming from the 360. I'm in no way a 'fan boy', I bought the console that better suited me. Microsoft made my decision very easy by bundling the Kinect & the DRM fiasco, add that to the higher price then I had no interest in purchasing the Xbox One.

Is the PS4 perfect? No!, Is the Xbox One prefect? No!

PSN ID
    IshTing
    The PS4 UI is said to be more simple and sleek than the Xbox One. Apparently the Xbox One went backwards on UI from the 360.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Exclusive X1 DLC for every game? Like what?
    I think he's referring to all the CoD/Battlefield DLC that Xbox gets a month earlier then any other platform. Which is more a waste of money then a plus. Can't think of any "exclusive" DLC.

Just reads to me like he prefers Xbox so he should of just stayed.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Elder
    It sounds like the xb1 is where your gaming heart is man. There's nothing wrong with it because we all have preference in life. I like Ford trucks over chevy, coke over pepsi, it's just preference. I know some guys that switched to Sony (thanks to my ps4) and they absolutely love it.

Trade in your PS4, if the xb1 feels right then just hang on to it. If u miss your ps4 just come back, or if you can afford it and have the time just keep both.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 04-20-2014 at 15:23.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Exojet View Post
    Does anyone feel like there PS4 is a little bit foreign feeling? Not the hardware just the software and the company in general, I don’t know how to explain the feeling, You know when the iPhone 5 and the Samsung galaxy S4 came out, you knew clearly that the Samsung was the better phone, it had more features and a more powerful chip yet the people who previously owned apple products still went and knowingly bought the inferior phone, the iPhone In a way is representative of the Xbox console, it’s simple, it’s easy, it’s got a quality network and its expensive, yet the PS4 is similar to the android phone market, its sleeker, its more powerful and its cheaper, I guess I’m just a sucker for quick, simple and easy mind frame, I don’t like to be bombarded with tons of features and configuration settings and I previously have paid a premium to have the dumb man’s technology because it’s been marketed at me in such a way it makes me think less is more!
    lol a Microsoft product being likened to an Apple product.

Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    lol a Microsoft product being likened to an Apple product.
    Yeah, I didn't get that either.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    These type of threads always crack me up. So transparent. lol

16. Likes DuckNation, Malt, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I think he's referring to all the CoD/Battlefield DLC that Xbox gets a month earlier then any other platform. Which is more a waste of money then a plus. Can't think of any "exclusive" DLC.

Just reads to me like he prefers Xbox so he should of just stayed.
    Battlefield is different at least from what I understand.

Playstation got China Rising at launch
    Xbox got Second Assault at launch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Ultimate Veteran
    My take on it?

They're both new consoles and I have seen a lot of people on forums trade in their PS4 for an XBone or their XBone for a PS4. One thing seems to always come of it.. You trade some issues and little nags for other issues and little nags. Short of going to a friends house and playing a few games you can't live without already, switching consoles doesn't seem wise at this point.

IMHO, I think the biggest thing compounding the early adopter jitters for Gen8 is the fact that Gen 7 went for so long that we got used to having more games to play than what we know what to do with. People jumped on board early this gen because they were tired of the underpowered Gen7 consoles with their HDTVs, but they forgot what it was like early on when games just trickled in. It was long ago, so who can blame you?

So, if you are iffy about letting go of your new console for another one, my advice is to just hang in there. Unless you've fallen in love with the other thing, you're going to find that the grass is not greener on the other side. Sure, the first month (if you're lucky) of having access to a new library of games will be like super awesome, but reality will set in after that and you will be playing the same waiting game you were before and right back where you started.
    Last edited by Lefein; 04-20-2014 at 15:58.

19. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Forum Elder
    I'm not referring to the OP here but you can't convert a fanboy, they can convert but you can't do it for them.

One of my friends got rid of his ps2 for an Xbox and hasn't looked back for 10 years. Until.

He played the ps4.

He loves it so much that he's calling me trash talking MS and their policies constantly. I lol at him all the time now. This had a domino effect on his Xbox buddies because he was their gaming ringleader. Now the other guys are switching except for one guy (and he cussed out my friend and they aren't even friends anymore, lol wow)

When the demo units hit gamestop he became torn again and didn't know what to do. I told the guy he can't go wrong either way, but didn't try and persuade him because it has to be their decision. He's glad he came back to sony.
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 04-20-2014 at 15:55.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    There are plenty of reasons to like or not like a console. But the only one that should matter is its game library. In the end, regardless of the fact I didn't care for paying to play online, or controllers with AA batteries, etc, etc, Xbox360 never had enough games on it that appealed to me to justify the purchase. That trend continues over to the X1 as far as I'm concerned.

Buy what gives you the most return for your money. It's that simple.
    Last edited by shepard; 04-20-2014 at 17:26.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

22. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    PSN ID
    Exojet
    Thanks to everyone who commented, I just need to get used to the Playstation way again as I had both ps1 and ps2 growing up, so I'm just going to save up and get both!
    Who stole my cookie?

24. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I think too many of you assume anyone with a general question regarding their purchase of a ps4 is some sort of spy looking to put sony/ps4 down.

Seriously, please quote and explain where exactly the obvious ps4 hatred is?

Some people just want to have a conversation, even if it isn't "I LOVE SONY AND THE PS4!!! PLEASE BUM **** ME SONY, I'M READY AND WAITING".

-----------------------------

I understand what you mean about it seeming foreign. Coming from a 360 myself, it seems a little boring in a way. I don't know, I do miss the population of the screen you got from 360, though I don't miss the adverts.

But I think a lot of it is to do with the fact it's still early on in the generation. There's a lot of refining and additions to come. I personally would stick with the PS4, as like you, Microsoft lost me with their always online, second hand policy etc - and still so with the reversal of those. Whereas Sony and the PS4 keep hitting the right notes.
    Last edited by darky89; 04-21-2014 at 22:20.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

26. Likes Merchant , Shingo likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    It's all about the games, pal. But if you can afford it, there's a lot of exclusives on PS platform you shouldn't miss out on. Typically I won't recommened neither PS4 or Xb if you don't already know for yourself.

PSN ID
    Eternal_Exciter
    Lets BF4 it up. Add me.
    Eternal_Exciter

PSN ID
    Eternal_Exciter
    zSFd
    Eternal_Exciter

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I think too many of you assume anyone with a general question regarding their purchase of a ps4 is some sort of spy looking to put sony/ps4 down.

Seriously, please quote and explain where exactly the obviously ps4 hatred is?

Some people just want to have a conversion, even if it isn't "I LOVE SONY AND THE PS4!!! PLEASE BUM **** ME SONY, I'M READY AND WAITING".

-----------------------------

I understand what you mean about it seeming foreign. Coming from a 360 myself, it seems a little boring in a way. I don't know, I do miss the population of the screen you got from 360, though I don't miss the adverts.

But I think a lot of it is to do with the fact it's still early on in the generation. There's a lot of refining and additions to come. I personally would stick with the PS4, as like you, Microsoft lost me with their always online, second hand policy etc - and still so with the reversal of those. Whereas Sony and the PS4 keep hitting the right notes.
    Lol , you are right, even he doesn't show his ps love , this is not his fault, He dare to state his xbox love. Auto-hated.
    (ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

31. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Super Moderator
    Yeah, just buy what you like. Contrary to what some may think, you can enjoy gaming on more than one console so the notion that gamers can be converted to another brand and only like PlayStation, for example, is silly. I started playing video games with Super Mario World on the SNES so I will always like Nintendo but I also like Sony (PS1, PS2 and PS3 had great experiences) and Sega for their Sega Dreamcast games (and this belief that they will release another truly awesome game one day).

I mean, if you already own the PS4 and you like it, why would you want to get rid of it? Even if PlayStation Home doesn't come to the PS4, there will be actual games to play in the future. I get excited just thinking about the new Uncharted.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

[OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty7787 View Post
    I got the PS4 launch day, coming from the 360. I'm in no way a 'fan boy', I bought the console that better suited me. Microsoft made my decision very easy by bundling the Kinect & the DRM fiasco, add that to the higher price then I had no interest in purchasing the Xbox One.

Is the PS4 perfect? No!, Is the Xbox One prefect? No!
    Marty? They shall be only one!!!

Also to op why should we convince you? Just get both

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

34. Likes Marty7787, darky89 likes this post

Thread Information