Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    PS4 got Don't Starve. That makes it the winner for me.

I haven't seen anyone say that.
    There have been many comparative statements made which imply that its stable of games are inferior to Xbox One's. Naturally, the hyperbolic rendition of this sentiment is "no games".
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 04-21-2014 at 15:21.

Extreme Poster
    it's alright, sub is just giving a compliment. take what you can and move on.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't hate indies. I actually own plenty of them. My comment was about the quantity compared to AAA.
    And what about it?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    And what about it?
    His first comment was basically a drive by

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I still wouldn't lay down $700 for anything on that list on either side. I hope these indies sell well though.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Mynd, are you planning on playing any of these cross gen titles or are you going to finish your backlog first?

edit:Another question. Are you waiting for a price drop for either of these consoles?
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-21-2014 at 23:23.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    His first comment was basically a drive by

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    aren't all of them are drive bys?

oh and i wouldn't worry too much about his comments because he thinks kinect rivals is an AAA title.

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Mynd, are you planning on playing any of these cross gen titles or are you going to finish your backlog first? edit:Another question. Are you waiting for a price drop for either of these consoles?
    When that X1 hits the right price he'll be all over it like white on rice. lol

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    For every good Indy game there are a million that are rubbish, this is how the video game industry was in the 80s and why the review magazines existed.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Mynd, are you planning on playing any of these cross gen titles or are you going to finish your backlog first?

edit:Another question. Are you waiting for a price drop for either of these consoles?
    I have vowed to finish all my back catalog first, the one exception was South Park. But things like Diablo 3, and GTA 5 I am hoping to pick up for a next gen console when I am ready.
    I might pick a a game up around Xmas, but games like Watch Dogs etc I wont get until I've finished what I have. And hopefully by then I'm ready for a new console.
    Not explicitly waiting on a price cut, I just want to finish everything I have first.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I have vowed to finish all my back catalog first, the one exception was South Park. But things like Diablo 3, and GTA 5 I am hoping to pick up for a next gen console when I am ready.
    I might pick a a game up around Xmas, but games like Watch Dogs etc I wont get until I've finished what I have. And hopefully by then I'm ready for a new console.
    Not explicitly waiting on a price cut, I just want to finish everything I have first.
    geez, stop being a little gamer virgin. you don't put that ***** on a pedastal. dive into that **** already.

13. Likes PS4freak , Serinous , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Oh ok. Looking at that list, you won't be done until next year. A lot of open world games. If you end up liking Red Dead then I suggest you pick up the undead nightmare dlc. It's fun too. Pretty lengthy for dlc. Same with gta 4's dlc.

Ultimate Veteran
    Indies are great because the big publishers/developers planned on Android/iOS devices killing the 8th gen. They did not anticipate the demand for 8th gen being as strong as it is. In the meantime, the indies are hitting hard with games because they are more versatile.

I don't see it as much here, but some fans of certain other games machines have taken to calling the PS4 the 'Indiestation'. It's a rather laughable assertion, though. Just means Sony's ties with developers are strong and they don't have to wait around for the big guys to jump on the ball.

A perfect for instance of this is how Demons Souls II isn't an 8th gen title despite having a strong spec PC version. Six months ago, if someone were to tell you Sony would sell 7 million PS4s and can't keep them on the shelves into late April, they would have thought you were on something.
    Last edited by Lefein; 04-22-2014 at 19:38.

16. Likes Serinous , Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    people think indie is some sort of an insult. to me, it lacks the bull**** the ongoing generations have brought us. these games are cheap and they focus on what makes games primarily fun. you don't need mo cap or hollywood actors or high budget to make a great, addictive and/or long-lasting game.

i'm looking forward to indies more than Sony's own firsty party and even third party. though i'm a sucker for MMOs so that's another thing i'm looking forward to.

Indies and MMOs for me this gen.

Friendship is Carrots
    Indies play on their own isolated tropes, but they're also a breathe a fresh air in a gaming world of static shooters and money-grubbing big business. They're versatile in their gameplay, open to new ideas, and cheap to buy. What's not to love there? They may not provide high budget cinematic experiences, but they're fun. You can replay them again and again, and really enjoy the time you put into them.

90% of my gameplay time on my 1,000$ PC (at the time of building) is indie games. Minecraft, Don't Starve, Space Engineers, Rimworld, Kerbal Space Program, Trials, Terraria, Starbound, the Binding of Isaac, etc. No one should underestimate them. This generation is going to become a hotspot for further indie development. Sony was wise to open up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    A perfect for instance of this is how Demons Souls II isn't an 8th gen title despite having a strong spec PC version.
    Are you referring to the recommended hardware? Because it's 5-6 year old tech.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

19. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Theres alot of indie games on PS4 but there AAA as well so I'm good with that. And we all know from history that Sony always starts off with exclusives that just trickle in at the beginning of the gen and then builds up momentum going forward. Thats just the Sony cycle. Just because Sony opened up to indie developers doesn't mean that theyre going to suddenly stop making AAA first party games.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-22-2014 at 20:04.

Extreme Poster
    i do notice that Sony usually isn't as strategic with the placing of their exclusives. they don't hold off or push much...but it seems KZ may have been and possibly Knack too.

letting the developer sort of decide is a positive in my book. now i'm not saying Sony is very relaxed with that because i'm sure they have pushed developers in the past, my point is that Sony isn't afraid to let the developer work on their games. especially if it's a big title. sometimes though...that can be a bad thing (GT5).

22. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Indies play on their own isolated tropes, but they're also a breathe a fresh air in a gaming world of static shooters and money-grubbing big business. They're versatile in their gameplay, open to new ideas, and cheap to buy. What's not to love there? They may not provide high budget cinematic experiences, but they're fun. You can replay them again and again, and really enjoy the time you put into them.

90% of my gameplay time on my 1,000$ PC (at the time of building) is indie games. Minecraft, Don't Starve, Space Engineers, Rimworld, Kerbal Space Program, Trials, Terraria, Starbound, the Binding of Isaac, etc. No one should underestimate them. This generation is going to become a hotspot for further indie development. Sony was wise to open up to it.

Are you referring to the recommended hardware? Because it's 5-6 year old tech.
    GTX465 is not ancient tech.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 04-22-2014 at 21:13.

Friendship is Carrots
    Four years old, but the cards recommended were middle end for the series line. Yes, they're old. Old and fairly weak.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I have a 6870 and it cost me 150 about18 months ago. I use it to play BF4 on medium at around 60FPS.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-22-2014 at 22:49.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Watch DOGE, MLB, Bound by flame AND TRANSISTOR?

Damn, May is going to be epic.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Elder
    i haven't bought an Xbox retail game this year and the last digital game was Halo:spartan assault back in Jan and from what i know of the games that are coming.... don't expect to buy any before the end of the year.

i think that is probably the untold story about Xbox, the amount of people that are now buying there games on other systems, has to have an enormous effect on the money MS recieve from 3rd party license fees etc. etc.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Watch DOGE, MLB, Bound by flame AND TRANSISTOR? Damn, May is going to be epic.
    Watch Dogs, MLB The Show and Wolfenstein for me. I'll rent Bound by Flame since I heard its supposed to be pretty hard so I might not have the skills to get through it. Looks really cool though. So yeah May has plenty to keep me in front of my PS4.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Not awesome but nice list for ps4 owners, xbox worries me alittle, I just wish them to push sony for at least one more gen.
    Your backlog will carry you till the end of this gen, just saying. And try infamous and in a second you will forget about your backlog
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Not awesome but nice list for ps4 owners, xbox worries me alittle, I just wish them to push sony for at least one more gen.
    I don't. Sony learned their lesson and they have yet to turn the heat up with exclusives. MS better hope that GT7 isn't far enough along to be release next year. Can you imagine the damage a GT7 bundle would do with a price cut to $299?

I want MS to struggle. I want their backs against the wall for a few years(which is going to happen if they continue as they are now). It's going to force MS to make new i.p's or get their ass handed to them on a gold platter. Knowing that MS's 1st party are horrible at making new i.p's, they'll probably go out and buy some up. BUT with the ps4 kicking xbone's ass, those devs are going to charge even more due to missing out on the ps4 userbase.

Thread Information