Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Has anybody's PS4 messed up yet? Mine did

I kind of regret getting mine at launch, but then again probably just bad luck and not representative of most launch units. It constantly spits out games while I am playing them. I called sony and we tried restructuring my library and doing all the troubleshooting but it's the same thing. It'll play a game fine for an hour or so then it'll spit it out, not accept it, and make this motor spinning noise. The only way I can get it going again is if I unplug it from the wall for 15min and then plug it back in. I am currently waiting for my coffin.

I also am sending back a controller because the L2 and R2 triggers sound like an old mattress. I have had every Playstation since the one and NEVER had a problem I'm a little disappointed in the quality control. Hoping this is the last issue I have to deal with.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Solution: Digital-only.

Seriously, not having to rely on discs results in such a vastly improved experience for me. Faster load times (especially with a hybrid drive installed) and no stress-testing the drive plus more convenience make for a great combination.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Shame you have been having problems with yours and hope you get it sorted! I must admit I have had mine since launch and had no problems at all so have no regrets at all and still know I've made the right choice!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Only issue thus far with mine is with Netflix. Last time I used it it locked up my console, and now I'm afraid to use it on the PS4.

Granted I haven't gamed as much as I would like too.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post

Seriously, not having to rely on discs results in such a vastly improved experience for me. Faster load times (especially with a hybrid drive installed) and no stress-testing the drive plus more convenience make for a great combination.
    Yea but not everyone has the Luxury of Fast Broadband speeds or even on Unlimited plans so going Digital only is still way off to being a Viable way for Gaming right now ,but it is good to have games on the Hard Drive.

6. Likes $Greatness$ , Malt, VayMasters86 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Yea but not everyone has the Luxury of Fast Broadband speeds or even on Unlimited plans so going Digital only is still way off to being a Viable way for Gaming right now ,but it is good to have games on the Hard Drive.
    That is such an overused statement.

I am on a mere 4Mbps connection with a 250GB monthly limit but that doesn't stop me from enjoying digital goodness.

People just have to give it a try. In Battlefield 4 you actually get a tactical advantage on your opponents as you spawn faster than they do if you have the game installed on a hybrid drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    That is such an overused statement.

I am on a mere 4Mbps connection with a 250GB monthly limit but that doesn't stop me from enjoying digital goodness.

People just have to give it a try. In Battlefield 4 you actually get a tactical advantage on your opponents as you spawn faster than they do if you have the game installed on a hybrid drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But it's not though as lot of Rural areas in the UK struggle to get even 2Mbps & a lot of Dataplans are way less than 250GB in the World, hell BT plans start from a 10GB allowance I think most of Australia & the US ISP's barely offer Unlimited packages too without paying an Extortionate price for it.

There is no denying that having a Digital option is nice to have & has a lot of great Benefits to it

Anyways this is a discussion for another Time & thread.

9. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I get 125 GB of bandwidth a month, and I use 45-60 GB of that with just general internet usage. Sad part? I'm on a 14 Mbps Down, 2 Mbps Up connection but my bandwidth cap screws me over.

Until I can get a better cap, without paying out any more then I do now, digital only is not for me. Especially when a single game is 25+ GB a lot of the times.
    Last edited by Fenix; 04-21-2014 at 12:28. Reason: clarifying my post?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

11. Likes SuperSayian5Goku, John25 likes this post
    I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    I like having the physical disc personally.

That is a strange problem. Worst problems I've had is the messages app crashing during cod or games crashing sometimes.

I'm sure Sony will get it fixed for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Superior Member
    I'll go digital only when the quality of games improves. Right now, I prefer to buy the ones I would normally like, then trade them in after my tolerance as depleted..... I'm looking at BF4 and Ghosts mainly.

OP, that sucks that you have to send in your PS4. I'm sure many of us will at some point. Hopefully your next one is perfect
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I'll go digital only when the quality of games improves. Right now, I prefer to buy the ones I would normally like, then trade them in after my tolerance as depleted..... I'm looking at BF4 and Ghosts mainly. OP, that sucks that you have to send in your PS4. I'm sure many of us will at some point. Hopefully your next one is perfect
    Yep, I like having the option of trading in games.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I am on my second ps4, my first one had a defective blutooth in it. I know the risks of being first adopters and my second ps4 has been running smooth as hell, just a game crash every blue moon.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I havent had any problems with mine. I only have a couple digital titles, everything else is disc based. Personal preference i want to actually hold my games in my hand. The only problem i had with my PS3 was when the blu-ray drive crashed a few years back. i got a slim PS3 and eveything is fine now. Hope sony gets this fixed up for you and squared away real soon.

Tacos Rule!

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    nope have not had one problem with my ps4. I have heard about this though seemed to only be vary small amount of people with this problem

Dedicated Member
    No major problems other than general issues that come with every piece of hardware. LOL@ yet as if its expected.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    The power supply in mine was bad, causing it to just turn off while I was gaming. New one has been flawless though, but unless you're a console launch noob, you KNOW that these things are gonna have issues. I'm not really sure why people are surprised by this still.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    My Madden 25 disc hac been making my PS4 make that weird noise. And ONLY that disc (pretty much only my sports games and battlefield are disc-based).

But I gave it a good old t-shirt wipe and no noise since.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSN ID
    Eternal_Exciter

even with a 1tb drive installed i see it getting filled quicker than you would imagine. sure no disc has its pros. but it also comes with a lot of cons.
    Eternal_Exciter

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    I'd love to go DD only, but my ISP has a data cap of 150gb.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I'd love to go DD only, but my ISP has a data cap of 150gb.
    Are you with AT&T?

I had to call those assholes yesterday...Check this:
    September 2013 -------- 26.6gb
    October 2013 -------- 33.7gb
    November 2013 -------- 108.9gb
    December 2013 -------- 148gb
    January 2014 -------- 238.3gb
    February 2014 -------- 205.6gb

I know the first assumption..."Your PS4 online too much"....
    The answer to that....NOPE. I've gone over my 150gb cap for 3 months now, and yesterday AT&T slapped with me a $10 add-on for 50 more gigs this month.
    BULL**** AT&T.

I HAVE TWO PHYSICAL DSL LINES....My PS4 is on the second DSL line...so it cannot be figured into this equation of usage. It's really pissing me off though...I'm fixing to have a fit with them people.
    I pay $110+ month for internet...having two lines is a b*tch...and I should NOT have to pay for extra, ESPECIALLY when my 2nd DSL line never gets NEAR 50gb of use a month.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    I kind of regret getting mine at launch, but then again probably just bad luck and not representative of most launch units. It constantly spits out games while I am playing them. I called sony and we tried restructuring my library and doing all the troubleshooting but it's the same thing. It'll play a game fine for an hour or so then it'll spit it out, not accept it, and make this motor spinning noise. The only way I can get it going again is if I unplug it from the wall for 15min and then plug it back in. I am currently waiting for my coffin.

I also am sending back a controller because the L2 and R2 triggers sound like an old mattress. I have had every Playstation since the one and NEVER had a problem I'm a little disappointed in the quality control. Hoping this is the last issue I have to deal with.
    Try rebuilding the database.

Enter safe mode on your PS4 by turning the PS4 on. Then hold the power button on the console until is shuts off. Then press and hold the power button until you hear it beep twice in a row. It should sound like this, "beep..beep..beep,beep" Then let go of the power button.

Plug in the usb cord for the controller and scroll down to the option that says "rebuild database". Choose that and it may fix your issue.

PSU Live Streamer
    withdraw my comment
    Last edited by shepard; 04-22-2014 at 14:41.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Try rebuilding the database.

Enter safe mode on your PS4 by turning the PS4 on. Then hold the power button on the console until is shuts off. Then press and hold the power button until you hear it beep twice in a row. It should sound like this, "beep..beep..beep,beep" Then let go of the power button.

Plug in the usb cord for the controller and scroll down to the option that says "rebuild database". Choose that and it may fix your issue.
    It looks as though he's already done that, or that was I interpreted it as.

I called sony and we tried restructuring my library and doing all the troubleshooting but it's the same thing.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Are you with AT&T?

I had to call those assholes yesterday...Check this:
    September 2013 -------- 26.6gb
    October 2013 -------- 33.7gb
    November 2013 -------- 108.9gb
    December 2013 -------- 148gb
    January 2014 -------- 238.3gb
    February 2014 -------- 205.6gb

I know the first assumption..."Your PS4 online too much"....
    The answer to that....NOPE. I've gone over my 150gb cap for 3 months now, and yesterday AT&T slapped with me a $10 add-on for 50 more gigs this month.
    BULL**** AT&T.

I HAVE TWO PHYSICAL DSL LINES....My PS4 is on the second DSL line...so it cannot be figured into this equation of usage. It's really pissing me off though...I'm fixing to have a fit with them people.
    I pay $110+ month for internet...having two lines is a b*tch...and I should NOT have to pay for extra, ESPECIALLY when my 2nd DSL line never gets NEAR 50gb of use a month.
    I do have AT&T, and somehow for the first time in almost 2 years I went over my data cap last month due to the fact that I downloaded a ton of free games off PSN for PS4 and PS3. They waived the overage charge though, so no big deal. But I feel you, they do shady stuff with their pricing as I was told that I would pay 34.95 a month for my DSL and that it was NOT a promo. Well just a few months ago it went to $51 a month and the reason was that my promo price ended lol. Shady and they were unwilling to lower my bill back down.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Mine was ok but 2 months ago, it started acting stupid but its ok.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Thread Information