Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer

Another Important Uncharted player is out at Naughty Dog.

source

Writer/actor Todd Stashwick, the voice of the Uncharted PS4 teaser trailer, is no longer involved in Naughty Dog’s Uncharted project. He had been involved with the game for at least six months.
    “They chose to recast my role,” Stashwick told IGN. We've contacted Sony for additional information.
    Visceral Games recently hired Stashwick as co-writer on its unannounced Star Wars project, which ex-Naughty Dog creative director Amy Hennig is directing.
    Stashwick’s removal from Uncharted PS4 follows both Amy Hennig’s and game director Justin Richmond’s unexpected departures from Naughty Dog. Earlier today, former Naughty Dog lead artist Nate Wells announced his employment at Giant Sparrow, developer of The Unfinished Swan.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What the hell is happening.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Doesn't even matter. The Uncharted blueprint has already been made. Anyone can make Uncharted now, and keep the same basic elements we love.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Doesn't even matter. The Uncharted blueprint has already been made. Anyone can make Uncharted now, and keep the same basic elements we love.
    Yep exactly. Plus maybe some (notice I said some) of these guys are freelancers and move on when a project is done. Either way we already know UC4 is coming. (in before the doom and gloomers). lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-21-2014 at 22:54.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Aside from this guy...who seems to just have been recasted. I serioulsy think these ppl just want to do something different or smaller.

I mean...they have been doing Uncharted for a long time and been in the same place for a long time I'm guessing....so it's not uncommon for ppl, who have great success, to move on to tackle different challenges in different places.

I know very little about the workings of these companies since I barely kept up with anything playstation last gen. It wasn't until the very end did I start to enjoy console gaming again...and not until the PS4 did I honestly think I would be a primarily console gamer.

So, take what I say with a grain of salt...but this sort of thing happens all the time. I seriously don't think it has to do with anything but that.....I don't think the sky is falling.

Plus, keep positive. Trust me...there are lots of other talented ppl out there. You just have to find them....and since these ppl have put together a good team before they have the chance to fill in these places with more good team ppl.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Something weird seems to be going on at naughty dog . I don't remember hearing anything about The Last of Us lead artist(Nate Wells) leaving too.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Damn, I wonder how much has changed since Amy left? It's pretty obvious now that it was over creative differences.

After how the last of us turned out, I can say that it's definitely still in great hands.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Damn, I wonder how much has changed since Amy left? It's pretty obvious now that it was over creative differences. After how the last of us turned out, I can say that it's definitely still in great hands.
    Yeah I enjoyed TLOU more than I did UC3. UC2 was the best of the UC series.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    What the hell is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Something weird seems to be going on at naughty dog . I don't remember hearing anything about The Last of Us lead artist(Nate Wells) leaving too.
    Definitely, not just at Naughty Dog, but it seems like there's news of someone leaving a Sony studio pretty regularly nowadays. Which is weird, as I definitely think they're in a much stronger position than at the start of the PS3.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    This isn't news. He's a two bit actor. Who gives a ****? They are not exactly "rare". He is not developing the game. He was not writing the game, he is not doing the texture art, he's not involved in the coding or programming, he's not in charge of optimising the engine.

He left to become a writer months ago. Remember when that kokney guy got a movie offer he couldn't refuse and left uncharted 3 in the lurch? Better to recast the role than fu ck up the game.

All this trying to whip up a storm in a teacup is getting pretty tiresome from IGN.

He joined the last of us team in the final year of development finished his work, and then moved to work on another sony game @ giant sparrow. Nice try though.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 04-21-2014 at 23:57.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

11. Likes TAZ427, cyclops, mistercrow likes this post
    Apprentice
    You know out of all the people that left the only one that was of any concern was Amy Hennig. If the differences between the rest of the group and Hennig where as bad as rumored, then best to give her the boot and not destroy a damn good company over some stupid ego bull****. Its funny seeing Sub and others get little *****s every time someone leaves a Sony studio. Come on guys, MS shutters whole studios and I don't see you getting to upset about that ****. This ain't some Bizzarro universe where everyone that leaves a Sony studio is going to go make epic games at MS. Besides if they did go to MS, they would just end up like Rare, ruined

damn missed it where cursing was gone.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    You know out of all the people that left the only one that was of any concern was Amy Hennig. If the differences between the rest of the group and Hennig where as bad as rumored, then best to give her the boot and not destroy a damn good company over some stupid ego bull****. Its funny seeing Sub and others get little *****s every time someone leaves a Sony studio. Come on guys, MS shutters whole studios and I don't see you getting to upset about that ****. This ain't some Bizzarro universe where everyone that leaves a Sony studio is going to go make epic games at MS. Besides if they did go to MS, they would just end up like Rare, ruined

I don't think anyone is suggesting everyone is jumping over to Microsoft studios, it's just that I can't recall noticing this many news stories about people leaving studio's owned by a particular company happening so close together.

It's not necessarily anything big or something to worry about, as obviously we don't know if it's part of some larger trend. It just seems to stick out at the moment.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting everyone is jumping over to Microsoft studios, it's just that I can't recall noticing this many news stories about people leaving studio's owned by a particular company happening so close together.

It's not necessarily anything big or something to worry about, as obviously we don't know if it's part of some larger trend. It just seems to stick out at the moment.
    Why does it seem to stick out to you? For what reason? Amy Hennig left, There were issues there. out of the 4 people that have left ND she is the only one that anyone should even care about. Who cares if a voice actor, a art director who had only been with them for about 2 years and was a serial job jumper, and the other guy, I confess I have forgotten who he was other than he was close to Hennig left. I really can't figure out why this is being made into a big deal. My whole point about MS is why is not a big deal when they lose people or shutter studios? Why is there this blatant double standard when it comes to most thing between MS and Sony? Why is it ok when MS close or layoff or lose people, but when Sony does the same thing it's end of the world, dooms days ****

Forum Sage
    It would make your day, wouldn't it?

--

At this point....it is definitely questionable; but it really depends on what his role was in the games he was a part of.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    Why does it seem to stick out to you? For what reason? Amy Hennig left, There were issues there. out of the 4 people that have left ND she is the only one that anyone should even care about. Who cares if a voice actor, a art director who had only been with them for about 2 years and was a serial job jumper, and the other guy, I confess I have forgotten who he was other than he was close to Hennig left. I really can't figure out why this is being made into a big deal. My whole point about MS is why is not a big deal when they lose people or shutter studios? Why is there this blatant double standard when it comes to most thing between MS and Sony? Why is it ok when MS close or layoff or lose people, but when Sony does the same thing it's end of the world, dooms days ****
    Purely because it's been quite a few people recently having left Sony studios. Like I said, it may not be a big deal.

And I can't exactly give evidence, (as that would require going through the entire forum history and hoping to stumble upon the correct threads), but as gamers, generally the news of a studio getting closed is a bit sad for us all. And that sentiment is echoed by most of the people here.

I think most people here would agree Microsoft destroyed Rare, a massive shame considering they were previously responsible for Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct. But were confined to Kinect stuff.

Anyway, all I meant to say was, I've noticed a few Sony lay-offs recently. No conspiracy, or reason for mass panic, just an observation.
    Last edited by darky89; 04-22-2014 at 04:06.

Ultimate Veteran
    Today, I learned a new definition of the word 'important.'

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Definitely, not just at Naughty Dog, but it seems like there's news of someone leaving a Sony studio pretty regularly nowadays. Which is weird, as I definitely think they're in a much stronger position than at the start of the PS3.
    Yea, I think it's a bit weird that they've lost about 4 leads the past couple of months. If there are deeper issues I hope they can sort it all out soon. I'm still looking forward to what they will do with uncharted on ps4 and Hennig's Star Wars project.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Yep, and it sure isnt the same as the text book definition. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yea, I think it's a bit weird that they've lost about 4 leads the past couple of months. If there are deeper issues I hope they can sort it all out soon. I'm still looking forward to what they will do with uncharted on ps4 and Hennig's Star Wars project.
    This guy wasnt the lead of anything. He was a voice actor/writer.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-22-2014 at 04:50.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    This guy wasnt the lead of anything. He was a voice actor/writer.
    Wouldnt that make him one of the leads if he was a writer? I mean, he had to be someone important if hennig is getting him to co-write on the Star Wars project that she is the creative director of.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wouldnt that make him one of the leads if he was a writer? I mean, he had to be someone important if hennig is getting him to co-write on the Star Wars project that she is the creative director of.
    No, I'm sure if he was a lead then his title would be lead writer. Not writer/actor. According to the article he did some voice acting for Uncharted. Doesnt say anywhere in the article that he was writing for UC4.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-22-2014 at 05:40.

Forum Sage
    Misleading thread title then, I guess. It says "important".

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I agree, hence Lefein and my comments. Blame the op for throwing that on there because thats not the title of the article. The op just made up his own inaccurate and misleading title. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-22-2014 at 05:42.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Loll, you don't say?!?

Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    This isn't news. He's a two bit actor. Who gives a ****? They are not exactly "rare". He is not developing the game. He was not writing the game, he is not doing the texture art, he's not involved in the coding or programming, he's not in charge of optimizing the engine.

He left to become a writer months ago. Remember when that kokney guy got a movie offer he couldn't refuse and left uncharted 3 in the lurch? Better to recast the role than fu ck up the game.

All this trying to whip up a storm in a teacup is getting pretty tiresome from IGN.

He joined the last of us team in the final year of development finished his work, and then moved to work on another sony game @ giant sparrow. Nice try though.
    All spot on!
    IGN likes click (who doesn't?), anything that is either controversial or will feed the sheeples is good story enough. I can count the "good" ones there on one hand.

They are "genuinely" concerned you know

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    So did I..

4 leads? The 200 GOTY award titles to the game that had none of the departures involved (or barely involved) says otherwise. While I'm a little upset that Hennig left, she was not involved in the best game ND has made and it shows that the team in place is still very strong.

But hey, a voice actor leaving for a bigger project elsewhere is news and cause for concern to you right? His work as a writer at ND was slim and he has proven nothing so far. His new project may put him on the map but it's still doesn't make him, at the moment, a big loss.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    This isn't news. He's a two bit actor. Who gives a ****? They are not exactly "rare". He is not developing the game. He was not writing the game, he is not doing the texture art, he's not involved in the coding or programming, he's not in charge of optimising the engine. He left to become a writer months ago. Remember when that kokney guy got a movie offer he couldn't refuse and left uncharted 3 in the lurch? Better to recast the role than fu ck up the game. All this trying to whip up a storm in a teacup is getting pretty tiresome from IGN. He joined the last of us team in the final year of development finished his work, and then moved to work on another sony game @ giant sparrow. Nice try though.
    And thats all this is actually about in a nutshell. Just another sensationalist click bait "news article."
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-22-2014 at 05:45.

Thread Information