Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    And yet another person leaves. Still not concerned?
    Another" Lead", he isn't the Lead for Uncharted, but the Lead for TLOU.

Am I surprised, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Because you have two "leads".
    You go from lead artist, to having two lead artists. You go from having two co writers, to four.
    When you go back into one team, you only need one creative director, not two.
    People suddenly find themselves demoted, or out of a job, or simply not getting on well.
    IT IS THAT SIMPLE
    Last edited by mynd; 04-28-2014 at 21:46.

2. Likes mistercrow, Omar, Christopher likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    in your opinion, great work means putting someone on a pedastal or putting them next to Kojima. that isn't the same in my book. in my book, to achieve legendary status, you have to do more than great work.

i'm not going to comment on combat but it's not seamless if that's what you were saying. controls are a bit wonky. gun mechanics are simple and damage is not balanced at all. but like i said, it's a casual title, it's not made for competitive people. as a single player game, the gun gameplay is ok and the rest of the gameplay is good, immersion level + acting + dialogue are top notch. that's where the game excels for me, not in gameplay by itself. other than the cool sequences, you're left with fighting constant enemies that gets tedious.

yeah, they are decent titles, i think people don't care about gun mechanics when it comes to casual titles. i personally don't think it is a 10/10 game but at the same time, i think they have done exceptionally well with certain aspects of the game, which is looked at in high regards in the industry so they did well overall. if you pick the game apart, there are various issues with the game that someone who is a huge fan of immersive shooters, just can't get into. of course, it's not a shooter game, it's action but a lot of the game is based around shooting enemies so i can't help but judge the game as a shooter as well.

Why Kojima is truly legendary is because not only he does well at storytelling (which i'm not going to say that he's perfect in but he did well), he also has made games play in a way that we have never seen before and may never will. there's just something unique about the way he approaches things. sorry, Hennig doesn't do it at the same level. but like you said, she has done "great work". that's not a bad thing in any way.

it's like putting Neil DeGrass Tyson and Albert Einstein in the same list...yes, you can do that but clearly one has done exceptional work, the other just great work.
    Fair enough about the gameplay, something in-depth wouldn't work with the genre. I was just talking about the combination of platforming and combat.

I don't think she's as legendary as Kojima, I only put other examples of creative directors/writers. Kojima has had his mishaps, I consider Hennig to be a better writer in some aspects, but she isn't my favourite.

E: Also, Kojima's games have done some out of the box stuff with gameplay, but I can't consider the basic gameplay refined or excellent.
    Last edited by Naxi; 04-28-2014 at 23:32.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    And yet another person leaves. Still not concerned?
    You're acting as if they've never hired anyone new before and that theres no one creatively out there that can take the reigns.

Theres tons of ppl out there with new ideas and concepts that would kill to work at a studio like ND.

All they have to do is find them.

WOW has been going on for a whole decade....do you really think all those ppl that worked on vanilla WOW are still there? And before you say "But WOW sucks now"....thats not b/c of the lack of good ppl.

Thats b/c ppl have grown up and changed. The early 20's that drove that game have grown up and gotten jobs and families and even if they haven't....tastes change, meaning hardly anyone would really want to grind like they used to. They did that with latest xpac and ppl *****ed non stop about it.

The industry goes the way ppl go. People want exciting new games...there are tons of ppl out there that have just those ideas in mind.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Fair enough about the gameplay, something in-depth wouldn't work with the genre. I was just talking about the combination of platforming and combat.

I don't think she's as legendary as Kojima, I only put other examples of creative directors/writers. Kojima has had his mishaps, I consider Hennig to be a better writer in some aspects, but she isn't my favourite.

E: Also, Kojima's games have done some out of the box stuff with gameplay, but I can't consider the basic gameplay refined or excellent.
    yes i did mean to say that hennig is definitely better than him at writing because her **** makes sense but kojima does have his own flair, at least in the first few MGSs.

the out of the box gameplay is what i mean. but even his games aren't perfect, his games have struggled with adopting the modern aiming system, which also made the cone of sight / line of sight screwy when it came to your enemies. but overall, his games definitely had given me a lot more experience and epicness than UC ever did.

there's something about UC that i just can't get into. it's like chick fil-a, a really great fast food that everyone loves...but still fast food.

oh yeah, in-depth wouldn't work, i agree, they don't need to make the corrections that i spoke about...but a little more balancing wouldn't hurt. and what TLOU did, was definitely better than UC, in terms of gun mechanics. it just felt more immersive just watching the videos.

but a platformer that is also a shooter/adventure/action game? yeah, they did pretty well.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You're doing the same thing you realize that right? No one is saying everything is fine; people just aren't jumping to any conclusions because naughtydog has yet to release a game after this. We can't say one way or the other how they will be affected by this.
    Please click mister spoiler

They're from the first three pages. I've taken names out as this isn't meant as a personal attack on anyone. People are saying everything is fine. I'm not saying everyone should be saying ND are obviously doomed and there is no hope.

Again, I don't know, and am not saying that something terrible is definitely going on. But it seems like a lot of people are completely ignoring the fact that it could be..
    You're not? You very much are. People are hoping that nothing is wrong; there is a difference between that and stating what is actually happening which is what we don't know.

You have strongly been suggesting that something is up (based on people leaving) and it may not be a good thing.
    People leave. New ones join. People have left ND before this and have joined ND before this. It's a point of discussion now because where ND is right now.

Exactly, I've been suggesting. I think something could be up with these departures. Eventhough I think that may be the case, it may very well not be. I've been saying what I think may be going on, while stating what I think is not necessarily how things are.

Anyhow, I think, what is a little concerning is that they are leaving ND now, after Uncharted + The Last of Us.

It seems to me that it is all connected. We'll see what comes of this.
    Replaceable? sure....but doesn't mean the people who replace them will be just as dedicated, etc. No guarantee there.

I am reading around the internet that people left ND during their transition from PS2 to PS3. I am not sure who...and how many but it is something.
    Despite what may seem like opposite points of view. Those are valid and interesting points.
    See, we can be friends.

[Off Topic]Seriously, quotes within quotes, will we ever get that? Is it really that difficult to implement. Been here for years and it still bugs me
    Last edited by darky89; 04-29-2014 at 01:35.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I really want to know what is going on there. Regardless of what these people do, there are just too many people leaving. I'm wondering if they were forcing pay cuts or something.

Maybe mynd is right about the one team forcing this. I don't know but I would really like to know if that's why.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 04-29-2014 at 01:31.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I really want to know what is going on there. Regardless of what these people do, there are just too many people leaving. I'm wondering if they were forcing pay cuts or something.

Maybe mynd is right about the one team forcing this. I don't know but I would really like to know if that's why.
    myna's theory is as plausible as any. And that is all anyone here is going to give. Theories. Unless, of course, one of the recent departees decides to go all expose' on Naughty Dog and thus, blackballing themselves from other jobs. Nobody likes a snitch.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Honestly I wish that drama would ensue. Lol

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/28/566...-leaves-studio

Now a lead character artist leaves. ND is doomed!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Seriously?! Are they chopping people's toes of over there for being a second late to work or something?!

Forum Overseer
    that's the same guy we've been talking about all day today.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Oh oops, I missed that. I just assumed the conversation was about the lead artist.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Lol. The power of short mindedness. I just completely assumed it was someone different.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Heres another thing to think about.

These ppl have been making games for only Sony for a while now. Maybe they just want to make games for a larger audience.

Thats not saying that anything bad is going on....just that they want their talents to be appreciated by more ppl.

And again....there are many talented ppl out there that would jump at the chance to work at a place like ND....so I don't think it's going to be bad that they need to find replacements.

Ancient
    ND is made of load of people, those people that have left didn't single handedly make the games, and like all companies the top brass always takes the most credit and eventually moves on, most of the work done on those games are by people we don't hear about, the lead artist, programmer etc, doesn't do it on their own
    And like all well put together teams that have been doing it for year's they can continue the same way without them

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information