Results 1 to 25 of 27

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    10,813 (0 Banked)
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style

    I walked into Gamestop ready to preorder Watchdogs and Wolfenstein.....but couldn't

    At least not Wolfenstein.

    Watchdogs is fine....I saw the "PS2 graphical downgrade" which must not have been real b/c I've been seeing great looking gameplay videos and whatnot since then....so whatever...the game looks great and I'm getting it.

    But Wolfenstein doesn't make me very excited.

    This thread is asking if anyone else seems to have lost their love for id.

    When RtCW came out...I played it a good bit. Then DOOM3...it was alright. Quake 4 was great imo....but it wasn't even made my id. Then RAGE. I played about an hour of RAGE today for the first time and I don't think I'll go back tot that game unless I have nothing else to play and I'm broke.....or really bored.

    I was sorta excited...then I walked up to the counter at Gamestop....got out my money and said "Preorder Watchdogs and Wolfenstein for me pls".....looked at my money...and thought...I just don't see myself enjoying it.

    The one for the last gen looked about as mediocre as it gets, though I've never played it.

    Anyway...sucks...I want to want this game.

  2. #2
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was the opposite. Initially I was on the fence but after watching a 30 minute walkthrough I'm getting Wolfenstein.

  3. #3
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    7,116 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I was the opposite. Initially I was on the fence but after watching a 30 minute walkthrough I'm getting Wolfenstein.
    I agree with you and I will be getting Wolfenstein instead. You can't trust Ubisoft that much and all this hype for Watch Dog with out much telling of the game nor its story. I don't think the game will be that much good as it happened with Infamous very short game and not worth 70 dollars. I have 80 dollars at Ebgames so I will get Wolfenstein for my PS4.


    CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

  4. #4
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I agree with you and I will be getting Wolfenstein instead. You can't trust Ubisoft that much and all this hype for Watch Dog with out much telling of the game nor its story. I don't think the game will be that much good as it happened with Infamous very short game and not worth 70 dollars. I have 80 dollars at Ebgames so I will get Wolfenstein for my PS4.
    I really enjoyed infamous myself.

  5. #5
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,216
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    42,812 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I really enjoyed infamous myself.
    Wasn't going to get it at first but I got burnt out playing bf4, so I traded it. Best decision ever, living infamous right now

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Wasn't going to get it at first but I got burnt out playing bf4, so I traded it. Best decision ever, living infamous right now Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yep I finished it on evil and now I'm playing through again as good.

  7. #7
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    7,116 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I really enjoyed infamous myself.
    Me too friend don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed Infamous but the game was missing so much and it wasn't suppose to be like this since they have been working on it over 2 years. No side quest or missions, short story, no boss fights, weak enemies big city useless to explore, nothing to do, no stunt challenges, blast shards easy to find and useless later at the game, and you reach the final boss within 3 hours if you don't move around the city.


    CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

  8. #8
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Me too friend don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed Infamous but the game was missing so much and it wasn't suppose to be like this since they have been working on it over 2 years. No side quest or missions, short story, no boss fights, weak enemies big city useless to explore, nothing to do, no stunt challenges, blast shards easy to find and useless later at the game, and you reach the final boss within 3 hours if you don't move around the city.
    No boss fights? You had two boss fights with Augustine and one junior boss early in the game after you get neon. So "no" boss fights is an exaggeration. And nothing to do is also an exaggeration. How about taking down the DUP strongholds to rid the sections of town of DUP control? (my favorite activity ) and collecting shards and painting murials? Photo mode? Paper trails? Showdown? Sounds like you just blazed through the main missions on a speed run.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-23-2014 at 18:40.

  9. #9
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,261
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    225,146 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Wolfenstein looks quite good actually from the gameplay video's so it is a game I shall be picking up eventually!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



  10. #10
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,630
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,591 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The last Wolfenstein game was a stinker, so I honestly don't get the hype around the new one. Taking a "wait and see' approach to it - and pretty much anything made/published by bethesda

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  11. #11
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    35
    Points
    3,404 (0 Banked)
    Definitely getting Wolfenstein (and Watch Dogs).

  12. #12
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,665
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    7,768 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Renting both wolfenstein and watchdogs...

  13. #13
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,216
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    42,812 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Still playing as evil, only 27% into the game. Can't stop messing around with the photo mode

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,056
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,222 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wolfenstein looks awesome! I'm up in the air about watch dogs.

  15. #15
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,058
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,164 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Watch Dogs is a definite for me. Probably going to rent Wolf down the line when things are slow during the summer.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  16. #16
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    Lasombra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    20,526 (0 Banked)
    I got to play the demo of Wolfenstein at TGS back in September. Granted there is a long time between then and now, but me and my friend thought it wasn't anything special. It was just a standard FPS. Maybe they fixed some things and made it better, so people should try and keep realistic expectations. Don't put it up as the next Halo and you'll be golden.

    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    At least not Wolfenstein.

    Watchdogs is fine....I saw the "PS2 graphical downgrade" which must not have been real b/c I've been seeing great looking gameplay videos and whatnot since then....so whatever...the game looks great and I'm getting it.

    But Wolfenstein doesn't make me very excited.

    This thread is asking if anyone else seems to have lost their love for id.

    When RtCW came out...I played it a good bit. Then DOOM3...it was alright. Quake 4 was great imo....but it wasn't even made my id. Then RAGE. I played about an hour of RAGE today for the first time and I don't think I'll go back tot that game unless I have nothing else to play and I'm broke.....or really bored.

    I was sorta excited...then I walked up to the counter at Gamestop....got out my money and said "Preorder Watchdogs and Wolfenstein for me pls".....looked at my money...and thought...I just don't see myself enjoying it.

    The one for the last gen looked about as mediocre as it gets, though I've never played it.

    Anyway...sucks...I want to want this game.

  17. #17
    Fire the space harpoons!
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,277
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    22,029 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I cannot make my mind up about Watch Dogs. I just don't think it's going to deliver so I'll wait for some reviews before I pick that up. As for Wolfenstein I feel a bit Wolfensteined out, but some of the comments in this thread are making me think again. Might go watch some videos on it.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  18. #18
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    10,813 (0 Banked)
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I cannot make my mind up about Watch Dogs. I just don't think it's going to deliver so I'll wait for some reviews before I pick that up. As for Wolfenstein I feel a bit Wolfensteined out, but some of the comments in this thread are making me think again. Might go watch some videos on it.
    Not trying to steer your decision, it might sound like I am, but I wouldn't rely on videos.

    I thought by the looks of videos for the Thief reboot game that I would really like it...but it's just "ok".

    I mean....it's a cool game to have for when you're bored, but it'll take me forever to finish it b/c it's just too slow. Theres no real meat tot the game.

  19. #19
    Apprentice
    Captncoke49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Frederick,MD
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Age
    34
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    5,074 (0 Banked)
    Wolfenstein is very appealing to me but I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'm not as interested in watch dogs but I will consider it if overall reviews are positive. I like the open world and hacking aspect but there is something about it that doesn't get me hyped up. I might have to rent both before I purchase.

  20. #20
    Apprentice
    OregonViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific NW
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Age
    23
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    4,827 (0 Banked)
    Preorder Destiny instead for the beta.

  21. #21
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    2,097 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I played about an hour of RAGE today for the first time and I don't think I'll go back tot that game unless I have nothing else to play and I'm broke.....or really bored.
    I'm gonna recommend that you go further on RAGE. Things get very fun pretty quickly. The story is ok but the missions get super fun and the gun play gets supreme. Mostly the game excels at gun play actually, and there are some fun gun/ammo combos to play with. Personally I think it's worth one play through, there is some fun stuff going on in the game with missions, mini games and such.

    As for the topic itself, I've alwayd been good with Watch Dogs, I can't wait especially now given the recent media on it. I was dissapointed in the last Wolfenstein, and I LOVED the other Wolfie games before it. The new one looks good but since the last one bit me I'm going to wait to see what people on the boards say about it when they play.

  22. #22
    Forum Sage
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,541
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    8,132 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'll be getting both as well.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  23. #23
    Super Elite
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,000
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,777 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Stop. Pre-ordering. Games. !!!

    One of these days some exec/marketer is going to make dumb ass decisions based on lagging or disappointing pre-purchases..

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.