Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room

I walked into Gamestop ready to preorder Watchdogs and Wolfenstein.....but couldn't

At least not Wolfenstein.

Watchdogs is fine....I saw the "PS2 graphical downgrade" which must not have been real b/c I've been seeing great looking gameplay videos and whatnot since then....so whatever...the game looks great and I'm getting it.

But Wolfenstein doesn't make me very excited.

This thread is asking if anyone else seems to have lost their love for id.

When RtCW came out...I played it a good bit. Then DOOM3...it was alright. Quake 4 was great imo....but it wasn't even made my id. Then RAGE. I played about an hour of RAGE today for the first time and I don't think I'll go back tot that game unless I have nothing else to play and I'm broke.....or really bored.

I was sorta excited...then I walked up to the counter at Gamestop....got out my money and said "Preorder Watchdogs and Wolfenstein for me pls".....looked at my money...and thought...I just don't see myself enjoying it.

The one for the last gen looked about as mediocre as it gets, though I've never played it.

Anyway...sucks...I want to want this game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was the opposite. Initially I was on the fence but after watching a 30 minute walkthrough I'm getting Wolfenstein.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Wolfenstein looks quite good actually from the gameplay video's so it is a game I shall be picking up eventually!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I was the opposite. Initially I was on the fence but after watching a 30 minute walkthrough I'm getting Wolfenstein.
    I agree with you and I will be getting Wolfenstein instead. You can't trust Ubisoft that much and all this hype for Watch Dog with out much telling of the game nor its story. I don't think the game will be that much good as it happened with Infamous very short game and not worth 70 dollars. I have 80 dollars at Ebgames so I will get Wolfenstein for my PS4.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    The last Wolfenstein game was a stinker, so I honestly don't get the hype around the new one. Taking a "wait and see' approach to it - and pretty much anything made/published by bethesda

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice

Definitely getting Wolfenstein (and Watch Dogs).

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Renting both wolfenstein and watchdogs...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I agree with you and I will be getting Wolfenstein instead. You can't trust Ubisoft that much and all this hype for Watch Dog with out much telling of the game nor its story. I don't think the game will be that much good as it happened with Infamous very short game and not worth 70 dollars. I have 80 dollars at Ebgames so I will get Wolfenstein for my PS4.
    I really enjoyed infamous myself.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Wasn't going to get it at first but I got burnt out playing bf4, so I traded it. Best decision ever, living infamous right now

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Wasn't going to get it at first but I got burnt out playing bf4, so I traded it. Best decision ever, living infamous right now Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yep I finished it on evil and now I'm playing through again as good.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Still playing as evil, only 27% into the game. Can't stop messing around with the photo mode

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    Wolfenstein looks awesome! I'm up in the air about watch dogs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Watch Dogs is a definite for me. Probably going to rent Wolf down the line when things are slow during the summer.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I got to play the demo of Wolfenstein at TGS back in September. Granted there is a long time between then and now, but me and my friend thought it wasn't anything special. It was just a standard FPS. Maybe they fixed some things and made it better, so people should try and keep realistic expectations. Don't put it up as the next Halo and you'll be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    At least not Wolfenstein.

Watchdogs is fine....I saw the "PS2 graphical downgrade" which must not have been real b/c I've been seeing great looking gameplay videos and whatnot since then....so whatever...the game looks great and I'm getting it.

But Wolfenstein doesn't make me very excited.

This thread is asking if anyone else seems to have lost their love for id.

When RtCW came out...I played it a good bit. Then DOOM3...it was alright. Quake 4 was great imo....but it wasn't even made my id. Then RAGE. I played about an hour of RAGE today for the first time and I don't think I'll go back tot that game unless I have nothing else to play and I'm broke.....or really bored.

I was sorta excited...then I walked up to the counter at Gamestop....got out my money and said "Preorder Watchdogs and Wolfenstein for me pls".....looked at my money...and thought...I just don't see myself enjoying it.

The one for the last gen looked about as mediocre as it gets, though I've never played it.

Anyway...sucks...I want to want this game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Me too friend don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed Infamous but the game was missing so much and it wasn't suppose to be like this since they have been working on it over 2 years. No side quest or missions, short story, no boss fights, weak enemies big city useless to explore, nothing to do, no stunt challenges, blast shards easy to find and useless later at the game, and you reach the final boss within 3 hours if you don't move around the city.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Me too friend don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed Infamous but the game was missing so much and it wasn't suppose to be like this since they have been working on it over 2 years. No side quest or missions, short story, no boss fights, weak enemies big city useless to explore, nothing to do, no stunt challenges, blast shards easy to find and useless later at the game, and you reach the final boss within 3 hours if you don't move around the city.
    No boss fights? You had two boss fights with Augustine and one junior boss early in the game after you get neon. So "no" boss fights is an exaggeration. And nothing to do is also an exaggeration. How about taking down the DUP strongholds to rid the sections of town of DUP control? (my favorite activity ) and collecting shards and painting murials? Photo mode? Paper trails? Showdown? Sounds like you just blazed through the main missions on a speed run.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-23-2014 at 17:40.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I cannot make my mind up about Watch Dogs. I just don't think it's going to deliver so I'll wait for some reviews before I pick that up. As for Wolfenstein I feel a bit Wolfensteined out, but some of the comments in this thread are making me think again. Might go watch some videos on it.

​aka Sparc

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I cannot make my mind up about Watch Dogs. I just don't think it's going to deliver so I'll wait for some reviews before I pick that up. As for Wolfenstein I feel a bit Wolfensteined out, but some of the comments in this thread are making me think again. Might go watch some videos on it.
    Not trying to steer your decision, it might sound like I am, but I wouldn't rely on videos.

I thought by the looks of videos for the Thief reboot game that I would really like it...but it's just "ok".

I mean....it's a cool game to have for when you're bored, but it'll take me forever to finish it b/c it's just too slow. Theres no real meat tot the game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Captncoke49
    Wolfenstein is very appealing to me but I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'm not as interested in watch dogs but I will consider it if overall reviews are positive. I like the open world and hacking aspect but there is something about it that doesn't get me hyped up. I might have to rent both before I purchase.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    No boss fights? You had two boss fights with Augustine and one junior boss early in the game after you get neon. So "no" boss fights is an exaggeration. And nothing to do is also an exaggeration. How about taking down the DUP strongholds to rid the sections of town of DUP control? (my favorite activity ) and collecting shards and painting murials? Photo mode? Paper trails? Showdown? Sounds like you just blazed through the main missions on a speed run.
    I don't call 2 boss fights are a lots. I have done all those mentioned stuff in hour and nothing was interesting about nor finding them hard. Painting poshhhhhhhh poshhhhhhhhh and done. You making them sound so hard and big to do them but they are not.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I don't call 2 boss fights are a lots. I have done all those mentioned stuff in hour and nothing was interesting about nor finding them hard. Painting poshhhhhhhh poshhhhhhhhh and done. You making them sound so hard and big to do them but they are not.
    But you said there were NO boss fights. And there were 3 actually. As for your other gripes I would say its obvious that youre just not a fan of the series.

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    Did you even bother changing the difficulty? Either way, you definitely did not do everything mistercrow said in an hour...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Preorder Destiny instead for the beta.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Tbh, I did all that in under the first week. But I was trying to plat.

IMO, the game isn't necessarily short, but it's just so repetitive. The only side missions that were fun were the tape ones SPOILER:

The rest was just busy work. Which made my final moments with the game bitter. I traded it in as soon as I got plat. Don't even think I'll ever really want to replay it. Not because of the story, but because of the repetitiveness of the side missions.
    Last edited by Hermes; 04-25-2014 at 01:11.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I played about an hour of RAGE today for the first time and I don't think I'll go back tot that game unless I have nothing else to play and I'm broke.....or really bored.
    I'm gonna recommend that you go further on RAGE. Things get very fun pretty quickly. The story is ok but the missions get super fun and the gun play gets supreme. Mostly the game excels at gun play actually, and there are some fun gun/ammo combos to play with. Personally I think it's worth one play through, there is some fun stuff going on in the game with missions, mini games and such.

As for the topic itself, I've alwayd been good with Watch Dogs, I can't wait especially now given the recent media on it. I was dissapointed in the last Wolfenstein, and I LOVED the other Wolfie games before it. The new one looks good but since the last one bit me I'm going to wait to see what people on the boards say about it when they play.

Thread Information