Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After some reading yeah looks like it mightve been a mistake on Sony's part, some people are super pissed on Gaf who actually bought a bunch of PS1 and PSP games to now not be able to access them. Hopefully it's not linked to copyright and they really are just doing some more work in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I don't understand them...if this had stayed so many more people would have considered getting a vita....

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Do we think this could have possibly been a trial for something Sony are planning to do anyway? Seems a bit strange that they would put them all up on SEN for download and then say "oops sorry these should not be available" without another motive behind it! That's what I think anyway!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I think (but hope I'm wrong) that it really was just a mistake, the games that are blocked do have conflicting licenses for characters, music or just for the game itself. Honestly though after so many people buying Crash, Spyro, MGS:PO and whatever else, you'd think publishers would actually sit up and say "oh wait, there's some potential customers on Vita afterall", it would require minimal effort really considering people have said the blocked games they've downloaded have worked perfectly if not better than on the PSP itself.

It's just stupid decisions by third parties once again that's stopping these games.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I think (but hope I'm wrong) that it really was just a mistake, the games that are blocked do have conflicting licenses for characters, music or just for the game itself. Honestly though after so many people buying Crash, Spyro, MGS:PO and whatever else, you'd think publishers would actually sit up and say "oh wait, there's some potential customers on Vita afterall", it would require minimal effort really considering people have said the blocked games they've downloaded have worked perfectly if not better than on the PSP itself.

It's just stupid decisions by third parties once again that's stopping these games.
    I agree, really there should be nothing stopping Sony from just sticking every single PS1 and PSP game on the store maybe even all PS2 games, they will sell, and the publishers will be making money from games they haven't supported in MANY year in some cases, it's a win win and I don't know why they can't see it!!

Perhaps they have decided not to bother because PS Now will be the answer to it anyway, and even the supposed emulation for PS1 and PS2 games they are in the middle of producing! Pretty sure that once that is sorted with the remote play feature they probably won't bother anyway because that will the solution!
    Last edited by Duffman; 04-25-2014 at 12:06.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Because they're stupid, anyway here's the current PS1 games that are blocked (on the US store):

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
    Bloody Roar
    Bloody Roar 2
    Command & Conquer
    Crash Bandicoot
    Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
    Crash Bandicoot: Warped
    Crash Team Racing
    Future Cop: LAPD
    Motor Toon Grand Prix
    Myst
    Pocket Fighter(?)
    Sim Theme Park
    Spyro The Dragon
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon
    Star Wars Dark Forces
    Vehicle Cavalier

See there's not really that many, but there's a few AAA games in there that people would love to permanently have on the go. It sucks.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Man I love Future Cop: LAPD, that would have been awesome!!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Man, thank god I got all the Spyro and Crash games on my Vita while I had the chance.
    Sorry, did not mean to rub it in...
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Thread Information