Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer

20 things you need to know about Watch_Dogs

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    CTOS stands for central operating system....

what the hell does the 'T' stand for then? are they spelling it Cen Tral Operating system or something. sorry, knit picking really but wtf?

Dat No. 20 though!

Looking good. Hope it's not as drab as the AssCreed series though. By that i mean i hope it more full of life. It looks to have it covered, but i guess we will see.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

Oh cool, he can cause blackouts.

Cool stuff!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't worry...it's a good stick. Lol. Thus game is going to be awesome. I don't care what anyone thinks. I will be playing day one.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

6. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I don't understand why people are so ready to write the game off. Regardless, I'll be playing it day 1.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I don't understand why people are so ready to write the game off. Regardless, I'll be playing it day 1.
    Me either. I think it's a combo of Ubisoft, the so called downgrade and delays. I've mostly been pleased with new ips from ubi, I see nothing but awesome in these videos, and the delay only slightly annoyed me. Too soon to tell but if it turns out to be great which I expect it will, oh well. Their loss imo, I'll bee enjoying it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    i'm really looking forward to the multiplayer now that i know stuff about it

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Me too, don't care what everybody thinks, I am buying this day 1. It is Ubi, and they are most prepared devs for this gen.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    CTOS stands for central operating system....

what the hell does the 'T' stand for then? are they spelling it Cen Tral Operating system or something. sorry, knit picking really but wtf?

Dat No. 20 though!

Looking good. Hope it's not as drab as the AssCreed series though. By that i mean i hope it more full of life. It looks to have it covered, but i guess we will see.
    ctOS? That brings back memories from Assassin's Creed.
    Last edited by MjW; 04-28-2014 at 22:36.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    21. you can hack into other player's missions, thus spoiling the time they spent on it already and prevent them from getting hte reward of the mission
    I wonder how it is possible that we still have no idea how Ayden controls the electronic things, is this when he controls the server, a list / map appears of all the things he can control (that would be 1000s of things so not practical), or he must go everywhere and the things that can be controller get highlighted (hopefully when you push a button because seeing things highlighted everywhere would be distracting). My problem is in the videos we've seen until now, things happen for no apparent reason, so it could be "push the button and something magic will happen and help you", which would be lame.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    21. you can hack into other player's missions, thus spoiling the time they spent on it already and prevent them from getting hte reward of the mission
    I wonder how it is possible that we still have no idea how Ayden controls the electronic things, is this when he controls the server, a list / map appears of all the things he can control (that would be 1000s of things so not practical), or he must go everywhere and the things that can be controller get highlighted (hopefully when you push a button because seeing things highlighted everywhere would be distracting). My problem is in the videos we've seen until now, things happen for no apparent reason, so it could be "push the button and something magic will happen and help you", which would be lame.
    I think you're asking how he controls the things around him?

If you didn't know, the backstory is that some mayor installed the CtOS system which controls all of Chicago. Aiden somehow managed to get access to the CtOS system. (How he got it is unknown, it'll probably tell us in the story at some point.)

from what I've seen, when Aiden is hacking things, a node-like object appears over the hackable object. It usually appears near the closest object that can be hacked.

Hope that helps.

Apprentice

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    ctOS? That brings back memories from Assassin's Creed.
    Dat Easter Egg!

Elite Member
    Less than a month away! I'm glad they took all this time to polish, because it's really looking good. You notice there is no negative talk anymore?

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    thanks, I missed that part, I always see the info bubble on people but didn't see this above objects ; I'm not sure it's practical though, I guess you use the D-pad to navigate through the objects you can hack and use, but it may be tight to select the one you want in hot situations (like a car chase scene I've seen wher Aiden hacks a garage door, I don't know how you could think of a possible garage door when speeding to escape someone)

I feel like it was delayed due to GTAV.. Since almost the majority of Ubisoft's games are repetitive, I expect watchdogs to be the same.

Forum Overseer
    hey guys just wanted to come in here and post that this game makes me want to punch kittens.

problem?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    hey guys just wanted to come in here and post that this game makes me want to punch kittens.

problem?
    I'm allergic to cats. so punch away

However, when this game turns out to be better than Infamous Second Son...well, I hope that crow won't be too bitter for some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    thanks, I missed that part, I always see the info bubble on people but didn't see this above objects ; I'm not sure it's practical though, I guess you use the D-pad to navigate through the objects you can hack and use, but it may be tight to select the one you want in hot situations (like a car chase scene I've seen wher Aiden hacks a garage door, I don't know how you could think of a possible garage door when speeding to escape someone)
    When I look at some of the car chases, the nodes pop up when you're nearing them. They give you a fair amount of time to press and hold square or another button to cause the hack. You can check out a car chase video from some of the watchdogs footage to judge for yourself.

I've also seen some footage where aiden opens up a wheel-like selection pad on the screen which allows you to cause certain other hacks (I saw phone disruption and light controlling). I guess these could be caused from just about anywhere.

So long story short, I guess you'll have some hacks when you're close by and some hacks you can always use.
    Last edited by Hermes; 04-30-2014 at 16:43.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

problem?
    that's the effect any good game will have on a human.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Less than a month away! I'm glad they took all this time to polish, because it's really looking good. You notice there is no negative talk anymore?
    I didn't notice actually. But now that you've made mention it DOES seem like The Negators have cleared the area since all the recent media on this game hit.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    I didn't notice actually. But now that you've made mention it DOES seem like The Negators have cleared the area since all the recent media on this game hit.
    Don't worry. They'll return when they manage to find something wrong with the actual game

Though we may be waiting a while....

Superior Member
    Any word if this has gone gold yet? Did try a google search and asked on Twitter but the message got removed.
    psn id: Seekersneak

Loving the ps4, Currently have:
    Assassins creed: black flag
    fifa 14
    outlast and the other free psn+ games.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sterritt View Post
    Any word if this has gone gold yet? Did try a google search and asked on Twitter but the message got removed.
    I've read that they're fully focused on the Wii U version now. They had previously held it back to ensure the other versions would be as good as they could be.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-03-2014 at 03:54.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I've read that they're fully focused on the Wii U version now. They had previously held it back to ensure the other versions would be as good as they could be.
    Would that mean that our version is done? I hope so! I'm all set for an all nighter on the 27th, I hope it makes the release.

Thread Information