PSU Live Streamer

Destiny is going to be truly Massive

source

It’s no secret that Bungie is reaching for the stars with Destiny, with Activision betting that Destiny will be the “best-selling new video game IP in history.” the game has a lot riding on its shoulders. But, how ambitious is Destiny ? How massive is this game going to be? In terms of map size Destiny is going to be Immense.In a recent interview with a Brazilian site, Bungie Senior software engineer Christian Diefenbach said that “Each of Destiny’s locations is more or less the same size as Halo Reach”.
    Now this statement is a bit frightening, Halo:Reach is a truly massive shooter. With Destiny having over a dozen shown locations this game could easily be one of the largest shooters ever made.With the mass variance each Planet can offer the game looks to be going places few games are able to go. To add to the variance of Destiny’s world the game has a persistent day and night cycle with changes in weather which can alter the feel of any given area you had visited before.To see some of the locations in Destiny go here.

Beyond that Destiny also released their GDC video showcasing their systems for creating Armor, the system that Bungie has created for the armor of Destiny is insane: it basically allows Bungie to create what could essentially become a near endless amount of armor and customization for players, you can view that video here if you missed it.To add to the basics of choosing armor pieces you will be able to change the colors and maybe even the specularity.
    In regards to customization there is far more then just Armor, you can also customize your vehicles such as your Shrike which you can change and adapt to your own preferences as you progress through the campaign. But that is not all! In Destiny you also have a space ship, in the game you are seemingly able to customize them as well, or at least choose between multiple variants.
    Just to top that off all the massive amount of customization Bungie is giving Destiny a huge array of weapons, and much like the armor they are fully customizable. To the right you can see a gif of just some of the variants of a single weapon, and with Destiny having so many weapons the number of variations is going to be nearly unprecedented. Unlike most shooters when you get a gun in Destiny it will become your own, not only in appearance but in the way it shoots and feels, so that someone might be carrying the same gun as you, but it will feel nothing like the one you wield in your hands.
    All that alone would make for a huge game but for Bungie that apparently wasnt enough, on top of the main story and missions Destiny has something called “Public Events”.Public events are pretty much a randomized objective based mission where multiple fireteams participate in fighting off waves of enemies before encountering a boss, of course there is likely much more variance to them then just boss fights since we have only seen one.

Images from: destiny.wikia.com
    With Destiny having all of this content and than reading that Destiny has not been truly introduced to us (as said by urk) I can only imagine that Destiny has countless secrets and new experiences for us to see, and maybe, just maybe we have only seen the tip of this glorious iceberg.

I'm super pumped for this game. Can't wait to receive that beta invite!

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    REALLY can't wait for this game, hope it really is as epic as it looks!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Destiny is going to be what Titanfall was supposed to be to the fps genre.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I've been following this game since it was announced back in, what, 2012? Absolutely drooling for this one! I want this beta access now!

PSN ID
    Selathor
    Is it too much for them to do (and more importantly, do right) though?

I have no prior experience with bungie so I have no idea what they are capable of... I cant wait to find out more about destiny, it really does sound like the game of my dreams.

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game is going to be filthy!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Elder
    To get in the beta you have to preorder the game from gamestop, or at least that's one way. I'm ordering tomorrow if I can.

This game is going to be huge and epic. Bungie releases weekly info on it and it looks like it's going to own my soul for a while.

I have no experience with bungie games but my Xbox friend says it's going to be halo on steroids.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    Yea I received an email with a beta code a few months ago when I pre-ordered this game. Now I'm just waiting for the email telling me beta is active.

To me it looks like Halo+Borderlands....on steroids lol

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Someone get me a new pair of panties. I have **** in mine.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Apprentice
    When is the Beta suppose to start, im going to pre-order this and watch dogs today.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    When is the Beta suppose to start, im going to pre-order this and watch dogs today.
    The beta is supposed to start in the "Summer" for the PS4 and PS3, and an open beta for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One afterwards. Of course it was originally slated for Q1, so who knows when "summer" is.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    This looks even better every time I hear about it. Gonna have to preorder.

It looks epic, I hope the gameplay is tight and it actually brings something totally new that halo didn't have.

PSN ID
    JohnB405
    Finally went to gamestop today and preordered this. Went to the website and put in the beta access code so now I'm just [im]patiently waiting.

Superior Member

Wow. MS lost an amazing studio...

This is definitely my most expected release for PS4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Only 10 more days!
    Q&A about Destiny’s Raids by Bungie here.

Thread Information