Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style

TLOU is so original...but so inconsistent.

I understand how so many think this game is "the one"....but I just cannot.

But not for creative differences. The game is so inconsistent. Times I can crouch by a clicker fastly....other times when I go up to them to shiv them...they turn around and maul me before I can.

Then theres times when the cutscenes will promote me to do something and then it's wrong.

**POSSIBLE SPOILER**Like I just passed the part where a bunch of infected come after us when we find out the battery in the car is gone with Bill. So, the music is going the characters are saying hurry when I went down to med myself...so I'm thinking "ok...we run b/c a **** ton of bad is coming from behind."

I run...only to find myself into a group of other bad.

Then there are times where I can't believe I just snuck passed some runners...I can't believe they didn't see me. Then there are others where they seem to have x-ray and night vision.

Then there are times when I beat the hell out of a runner or clicker.....and no one is alerted. Other times I alert a whole herd.

There are times when a simple strangle alerts everyone....others where it does not.

This game is such an original game and I really enjoy it when things "work", but as it is now...it's a chore to get through. I bought the game and I've gotten this far...so I'm going to finish it, but I'll never tell anyone that this is the end all be all of games like so many ppl think.

It's just to shifty.

Am I crazy? Or do others have these thoughts?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    No game is ever perfect, I have experienced some of these myself when playing but it never took away just how much enjoyment I got out of the game!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

3. Likes MartyRules, Christopher likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    For me, the overly gamey trope of "Lock you in a room with a bunch of baddies" always seems to kill my enthusiam. Even now those parts kill my interest in a replay.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    No game is ever perfect, I have experienced some of these myself when playing but it never took away just how much enjoyment I got out of the game!
    Yeah, I can find something aggravating about just about every game I've ever played (except Pong, it was perfect!) TLOU is inconsistent because it wants you to try different approaches to various scenarios. In some cases, sneaking is the best way through a level, in others, it is gun blazing. But TLOU shouldn't be judged on its parts, but on the whole. I think (and obviously I am far from being alone) that is the best game last gen by far. Get to the end.....just gotta take the whole thing in to understand why the game is so awesome.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    And no THING is ever going to please every person.

If you don't like something it's no ones fault. Move on to the next one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    And no THING is ever going to please every person.

If you don't like something it's no ones fault. Move on to the next one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Really ??
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    NOPE. Regards to different behavior, I file that under whether they're blind or not. I.e those that don't have vision have developed better senses. I haven't experienced any death where I wasn't at fault. Could just be me, so by all means, let me know..

The only thing, which didn't even detract from my score, was the lack of communication between enemy and companion AI. And really - that would have been a nightmare if it hadn't been just right.

No complaints about the game, except that I'm too scared to revisit it yet.
    Last edited by K2D; 04-26-2014 at 23:07.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    It was quite frustrating on the higher difficulty where a clicker was the last enemy in the room, and when I try to sneak up, it reacts to nothing.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    NOPE. Regards to different behavior, I file that under whether they're blind or not. I.e those that don't have vision have developed better senses. I haven't experienced any death where I wasn't at fault. Could just be me, so by all means, let me know..

The only thing, which didn't even detract from my score, was the lack of communication between enemy and companion AI. And really - that would have been a nightmare if it hadn't been just right.

No complaints about the game, except that I'm too scared to revisit it yet.
    So the dynamics of the game's clickers is that some have better 6th senses than others?

Nah.....I don't buy it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'm passing the ball to someone else. Good night
    Last edited by K2D; 04-28-2014 at 00:07.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    The more I play this game the more I'm loving it.

The querks are still there, but the overall game is actually quite brilliant. I'm honestly thinking of just testing out to see if it's me or if the game really is annoying in those minor spots.

Either way....I take back what I said. If anyone asks...I'll for sure say that this game is in the top 5 of last gen that anyone needs to play. Very original...very unique....very fun...very involving....very good voice acting...very good directing...very good writing....it's a very good game.

13. Likes IshTing likes this post
    PSN ID
    chev327flatout
    I really liked the game... it was a great experience. It did not impact me a lot in "wow the game part of that game was so good", more like the emotional and visual ride it took me on. Kind of like Uncharted's visual and exciting roller coaster ride... except TLOU changes the roller caster with emotional ups and downs.

I am more into fantasy as of late for some reason. I know a lot of people are worn out on it but i love it when it is done right. Like Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, Darksiders, ect...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I finished the game last night.

I can honestly say that it was a truly unique experience. Story wise....there was no equal. Gameplay....probably up there with many other AAA games (solid and fun)....with a few querks.

I thought the gameplay was not necessarily unique but it changed things up enough to where it made the game feel like it's own genre....so to speak.

Really great game.

PSU Live Streamer
    I found that sometimes if you happen to be in or on the line that the clicker is programmed to path along, he'll detect you even if you did nothing...and from a pretty good distance too. Clickers don't see, they hear. And I literally sat still against a wall in one of the earlier segments of the game as a clicker was coming down a hallway. Thinking he'd go right by me, he instead sped right at me. Respawned, changed locations and watched as he pathed into the very spot I was thinking I would be safe.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Ultimate Veteran
    Just want to point out that the thread title should read TLOU, not LTOU. Click 'Edit Post > Go Advanced' if you're wondering how to fix it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-08-2014 at 03:31.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Just want to point out that the thread title should read TLOU, not LTOU. Click 'Edit Post > Go Advanced' if you're wondering how to fix it.
    Or double click somewhere right next to the thread title in the parent forum to make it an editable field.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I found that sometimes if you happen to be in or on the line that the clicker is programmed to path along, he'll detect you even if you did nothing...and from a pretty good distance too. Clickers don't see, they hear. And I literally sat still against a wall in one of the earlier segments of the game as a clicker was coming down a hallway. Thinking he'd go right by me, he instead sped right at me. Respawned, changed locations and watched as he pathed into the very spot I was thinking I would be safe.
    You sure it wasn't your partner being stupid? Sometimes when that would happen to me it was because the AI was being dumb for what's her face

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    You sure it wasn't your partner being stupid? Sometimes when that would happen to me it was because the AI was being dumb for what's her face
    No. Your AI companion is invisible to the enemy npcs. This was done because having an uncontrollable AI that could get you caught during sneaking sequences would be beyond frustrating.

Thread Information