Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member

Just Cause 3 (more info coming soon)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/aft.../1100-6419210/

One day after it was discovered that a brand protection company used by Square Enix privately registered a domain name for Just Cause 3, series developer Avalanche Studios has teased that it will make an official announcement of some kind very soon.
    "We have very exciting stuff that we'll be ready to show shortly," Avalanche Studios founder Christofer Sundberg said on Twitter. "Thank you all for your patience."
    The "exciting stuff" Sundberg is referring to may not even be a third entry in the Just Cause series. After all, Square Enix registered Just Cause 4 domain names in 2012, and of course nothing ever came of that. Still, Just Cause 3 is rumored to be on display during E3 2014 this summer.
    Avalanche has a number of a projects in the works. In addition to a new game to be published by Square Enix (believed to be Just Cause 3), the company is working on a new Mad Max game and a title based on a comic book franchise. Avalanche is also producing an unannounced mobile game.

The domain, JustCause3Game.com, was registered on Tuesday by CSC Corporate Domains, a company used by Square Enix and other companies to register URLs in the past. It was found by Internet sleuthSuperannuation, who suggests we may see the game at E3 in June.
    I would love another game, and since the last one was on ps3, chances are it will be on ps4. Just cause 2 did have some issues, but it was a ton of fun.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games last gen. I spent more time playing that game, than any other game on the PS3.

3. Likes K2D likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wonder if the game will have included multiplayer and/or coop as a result of the JC2 Multiplayer mod. I normally wouldn't think so, but the mod was a huge success and even received blessing directly from the developers (as well as the rights to publish it on Steam).

One can hope.

Edit: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...d-its-blessing

"The multiplayer mod has been really inspiring to us," Sundberg said. "We have been discussing what we'd like to do with the Just Cause IP in the future, but it's too early to talk about it just yet."
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games last gen. I spent more time playing that game, than any other game on the PS3.
    That and Fallout 3/NV. So many hundreds of hours...

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    same here bro

PSU Live Streamer
    Hadn't played the previous games. But 2 days after I built my new rig steam had a big sale on the Just Cause series, picked it all up for like $10. Tested it out, pretty neat. Would totally check out the 3rd edition to the series.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Guru
    It was known that they are working on 3 games, Mad Max, one for Square Enix, third could very well be the Just Cause3.
    We do know that they have some very nice tech.
    http://www.humus.name/index.php?page=Articles
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

JC2 was one of the most fun open world games I have played. I'm really hyped for the 3rd one as well as the Mad Max game. Hopefully they will be able to include multiplayer in this one.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    If just cause 3 is as pretty as just cause 2, were in for a treat...📀

Thread Information