Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Listening to gamers and offering exclusive games is the future of Xbox One.

There are exciting times ahead for gamers if Phil Spencer has anything to do with it. The new head of Xbox has spoken with CNN Money and speaks about the importance of listening to feedback from customers so that products are tailored to meet specific needs. Responding to a question about the change in decision to protect games with DRM, Spencer says that he told the vocal opposition to heart -- "I took it personally -- you'd be hard-pressed to find someone at Xbox who didn't".

Moving forward, Xbox One owners should have some sensational titles to look forward to as there will be a strong focus on exclusive games for the platforms. Long gone are the days of being able to find the same games available for every console, in the modern age of gaming it is the exclusive titles that pull in customers -- as demonstrated perfectly by the likes of Titanfall and Ryse: Son of Rome.

Unique games are also likely to stem from ID@Xbox which encourages independent developers into producing games that might not otherwise have made it to market. And it is very early days for this particular venture, with the promise that "long term, we also have plans to enable any retail Xbox One to become a dev kit, making it even easier for games to come to the platform".

Innovation is the name of the game, and to keep things unique and interesting there is great potential to be found in second-screen gaming. "Dead Rising 3 was a great example, where Capcom turned your SmartGlass device into your character's phone, so it meshed seamlessly into the world of Los Perdidos. It wasn't a requirement, but it was a helpful tool. Other games use SmartGlass less for gameplay and more for menu navigation, and that works well too. It all just depends on what's right for that particular game, and my hope is that as other developers see the kind of thinking teams like Capcom have put into their use of SmartGlass, we'll continue to see that functionality expand."

The One Microsoft vision should impact on gamers as much as Windows users. "Whether you are using your Xbox, PC, tablet, or phone, we want you to have access to an immersive, personalized, and entertaining experience." But the most interesting aspect of what the future of Microsoft gaming might entail is that it is gamers themselves who can help to determine the direction in which things are taken.

The importance of listening to what customers have to say is something that the Xbox team have taken on board. "We were reminded just how important it is to listen to our fans," says Spencer. And it is something that is set to continue: "We proved they can impact the products we make. Maintaining an open dialogue with Xbox fans is a commitment we'll continue to uphold."
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/listenin...uture-xbox-one

such a pity they decided to "NOT" listen to them, when the rumors first arrived about the new box.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    Ill wait until this E3 before I believe them. The only way Microsoft might narrow the sale gap is if they release more exclusives, and we all know Microsoft have not been as strong as Sony when it comes to exclusives.

3. Likes DarkNemesis likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    They listened, they announced 2 tv shows in the last month!! Oh wait...

Yup, will wait for E3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Let me think for a sec...what did the 360 do?

Exclusives-Timed exclusives-Failed exclusives-Giving up on new i.ps and going only proven 4m+ selling exclusives...

So what do I think about Phil's comments? Prove it to me 4 years into this generation. I simply don't trust MS. What? They sure are listing to fans by keeping a useless kinect in the box, which drives up price, and isn't needed to play most games.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-27-2014 at 16:07.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

6. Likes DarkVincent07, PS4freak likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    they are definitely listening .... sale numbers :
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Looking forward to E-3 games exclusive or not.

Regarding the exclusives and kinect I do agree. The only upcoming exclusive for Xbox one that is even remotely intriguing to me is Project Spark. Other than that I couldn't care less.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Christopher; 04-27-2014 at 20:03.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    ~This is going down a rabbit hole. Nothing in the OP is about Sony. Back on topic, please.
    Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher; 04-27-2014 at 19:34.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog

Listening to gamers and offering exclusive games is the future of Xbox One.

Meh, not worth it...
    Last edited by snooper71; 04-27-2014 at 19:46.

Next Gen top picks:

12. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post

Not going to say it again. Re-read the OP and respond accordingly.
    Last edited by Christopher; 04-27-2014 at 19:53.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    MS sure wasnt listening to gamers when they made their weaker hardware decisions or when they decided to pass the cost of a Kinect nobody wants onto the consumer.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    MS sure wasnt listening to gamers when they made their weaker hardware decisions or when they decided to pass the cost of a Kinect nobody wants onto the consumer.
    Than why did you buy one? If you disagree with their strategy, why would you go out and spend money on it if you know that's what they were doing

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Than why did you buy one? If you disagree with their strategy, why would you go out and spend money on it if you know that's what they were doing
    he's rich?
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Their choices with the console makeup and my experience with MS and bringing exclusive content, I simply don't believe it. They can change my mind but not likely. I got burned by last gen. The same franchises over and over. Not to mention many of them I didn't have a deep love for. But with sales the way they are maybe we will get lucky and they can start attempting moves like Sony did last gen to dig themselves out.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    For Forza 5 tbh which turned out to be a big disappointment . I also had Powerup reward coupons. I returned it 2 weeks later. Go check my Live account and see when I was last on. PainKiller53. This is the 2nd thread you've asked me this in. lol How many more times do I have to answer it? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-27-2014 at 20:30.

For Forza 5 tbh which turned out to be a big disappointment . I also had Powerup reward coupons. I returned it 2 weeks later. Go check my Live account and see when I was last on. PainKiller53. This is the 2nd thread you've asked me this in. lol How many more times do I have to answer it? lol
    Are you excited for soda drinker pro? Lol. I'm waiting to see more on project spark and what they unveil at e3. Also can't wait to hear about Killstrain and Entwined from sony.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    For Forza 5 tbh which turned out to be a big disappointment. I also had Powerup reward coupons. I returned it 2 weeks later. This is the 2nd thread you've asked me this in. lol How many more times do I have answer it?
    Hey, I'm just making sure you are the same person who PM me expressing his satisfaction and enjoyment with his xbox 1 purchase. You said that they pass on the cost that "nobody" wants but you go out and buy it.
    you loved Forza5 not too long ago so what happened there?

no more waiting for driveclub.Luv that forza 5

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Hey, I'm just making sure you are the same person who PM me expressing his satisfaction and enjoyment with his xbox 1 purchase. You said that they pass on the cost that "nobody" wants but you go out and buy it. you loved Forza5 not too long ago so what happened there?
    Yeah I was excited to finally play a racing game since PS4 doesnt have any right now and I was very frustrated with no word on Driveclub.Something I've expressed on this forum many times as a racing game fan. I was happy and excited at first yeah, but I soon discovered Forza 5 has less tracks and cars than Forza 4 and is filled with microtransactions. Its a big step backwards from Forza 4. I also had Powerup reward coupons as well. And yeah I was excited until reality set in. And why would I return it if I was so satisfied? Obviously I wouldn't have returned it if I was satisfied right? Now having addressed this twice now are you going to harrass me about this in every thread? And what does this even have to do with the topic?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-27-2014 at 21:13.

Forum Elder
    I've heard Phil say this several times. He's definitely the right man for the job as long as he isn't handcuffed.

That said, the Xbox ship has been on a wrong course for a while and these things aren't fixed overnight, games take a while.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    I've heard Phil say this several times. He's definitely the right man for the job as long as he isn't handcuffed. That said, the Xbox ship has been on a wrong course for a while and these things aren't fixed overnight, games take a while. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I think Phil is definitely a good choice. A pricedrop and some must have exclusives is what MS needs to bring to E3. Nothing they can do about the hardware power gap. Just further optimize what they have to work with as far as that goes.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    I have to agree that Phil can turn things around. But is there enough time before E3 to do so? That's a quick turnaround if he can. I have a feeling we will see the usual suspects in terms of games and lots of media crap.

I'm hoping they show something really good from 1st party. I was going to get one this month but I just can't justify the price right now only for Forza and project Spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:

Forum Overseer
    Article:

PR comment/damage control.

Generic comment.

Indies! but in the future ("very early days in this particular venture").

Generic comment.

Generic comment.

Vague PR statement/damage control.

/The End.

We'll see how much his fluffy statements make an impact at E3. At this point, they need to do a little less talk and a little more action. I mean, we just had someone else apologize for the same **** just a little while ago. We get it, you guys ****ed up and cleaned it up a bit. Interestingly it comes at a time when they had to reveal their shipment number >_>

26. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    i wonder what phil and his merry band of "i getz the gamers, goyz" in suits were doing in the last 4 years of 360?

Forum Overseer
    well, as long as the 360 user base was happy with third party titles, who cares right?

it's like that SNL skit aka "Lowered Expectations".

PSN ID
    James21291
    Last Gen the 360 was ahead MS didn't need to go out and get a ton of exclusives. But with the Xbone falling behind i could see them going out and buying a lot of exclusives , just like they did with Titanfall. They have loads of money so it would not surprise me.

No fanboy terminology. -PS4freak
    Last edited by PS4freak; 04-29-2014 at 00:52.

Thread Information