Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    HQ....my cover is blown! Abort! Abort!
    Banning this 'turfer.

1 down, a few more to go...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    All the blunders they made I think is not what is hampering them now, I truly believe the inferior hardware coupled with the price is doing more damage than everything.
    Have to agree. As I've said elsewhere, the Xbox is not a console I'd recommend to people until there are enough exclusives to warrant a purchase as I see no point at all in buying it to play the weaker versions of multi-plats. No reason at all.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Halo.

That is all.
    Would you think a Halo Holidays 2014 would by any chance be a Hail Mary for Xbox? I'm just picturing a best case scenario for them this year.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Think something like this is just too hard to gauge so soon. It might depend on a few new technologies that come out in the next few years to see how long the consoles can go or where game streaming goes. If MS start to fall further behind and fail to gain any momentum I wouldn't be surprised if they try and jump start on the next gen and who knows where Nintendo might go.
    Nintendo is on a separate track / timeline with regard to consoles. They started merging their console & handheld hardware architecture design teams in 2012. Not necessarily to make a single hybrid system, but so that their next handheld & next console would share the same programming method and OS so porting games between the two systems would be far easier.

(January 2013)
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/libr...130131/05.html
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/19...me-in-9-years/
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/ninte...u_and_3ds.html

(early 2014)
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/libr...0qa/index.html

The 3DS and Wii U (like the DS and Wii) have completely different architectures. Nintendo's next-gen console (and handheld) has been in development for a year or more. Neither is going to be released soon, but will be sooner than PS5 / Next Xbox. Perhaps in 2016 (2+ years away). That is, assuming they don't exit the hardware biz like Sega did and there's no reason to think that yet, they're on very solid financial ground unlike Sega in 2000-2001 after Dreamcast launched.

As for the Xbox 360 and PS3, they were extremely expensive to R&D, manufacture and develop games for, as well as the first time the industry had to develop games in HD. Very expensive. At the time of Xbox 360's release in November 2005, very few PCs except for very high-end ones, could match it.
    However at the time PS4 and Xbox One launched last fall, PCs were already far beyond the new consoles because these new consoles had very low-end CPUs (8 core AMD Jaguar, a netbook/laptop class CPU) and GPU performance that could not match midrange graphics cards of 2013 (maybe 2011 and early 2012).

In a nutshell, both PS4 and Xbox One are not nearly as advanced for 2013 as Xbox 360 and PS3 were in 2005-2006. They won't have the legs to go 8 years without successors. More like 5-6. While nothing is set in stone by any means, the general feeling by those in the industry (1st and 3rd parties) is that this generation won't be quite as long as this past one.

It just means we'll probably have next gen consoles before the end of this decade, before 2020.
    It does not mean we'll have new consoles from Sony and Microsoft ~4 years from now, but somewhere between 5 and 6.
    Last edited by parallax scroll; 04-29-2014 at 00:12.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Would you think a Halo Holidays 2014 would by any chance be a Hail Mary for Xbox? I'm just picturing a best case scenario for them this year.
    Especially since it is not Bungie Halo anymore, there is very small chance. 343's Halo is what "COD World at War" was compared to "COD: Mordern Warfare 2".

Both COD, but completely different caliber.

6. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    Especially since it is not Bungie Halo anymore, there is very small chance. 343's Halo is what "COD World at War" was compared to "COD: Mordern Warfare 2".

Both COD, but completely different caliber.
    Halo 4 says hell no.

Halo is coming this year, Im not sure why you guys putting it as long shot. It been CONFIRMED.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Halo 4 says hell no.
    metacritic users say no.

rinse repeat only goes so far. eventually people will get tired of it.

Superior Member

Halo 4 says hell no.

Halo is coming this year, Im not sure why you guys putting it as long shot. It been CONFIRMED.
    It says hell yes. and I do not want to hear any whining about how inaccurate metascore is. If you have better criteria, please come up with one.

Halo 3- 94 metascore
    Halo 4- 87 metascore

COD MW2- 92 metascore
    COD WAW- 83 metascore

Halo 4 was the lowest main(not side) scoring Halo title to date.

boom

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    metacritic users say no.

rinse repeat only goes so far. eventually people will get tired of it.
    Then, you have 343 studio who is nowhere near same caliber as Bungie.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 04-29-2014 at 04:28.

10. Likes Two4DaMoney , victorijapoosp likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Which Halo is the question. Halo 2 remake or the new Halo? Theres been rumors that Halo 5 is being pushed into 2015 to add polish.

Forum Overseer
    honestly Bungie was probably done with Halo after Halo 1.

it was simply evolutionary...i have yet to play a shooter that changed gaming for me. well, maybe MW.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    honestly Bungie was probably done with Halo after Halo 1. it was simply evolutionary...i have yet to play a shooter that changed gaming for me. well, maybe MW.
    Kind of like Gears. Epic was done with that series and said they weren't planning to do anymore so MS ended up buying the IP from Epic.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Which Halo is the question. Halo 2 remake or the new Halo? Theres been rumors that Halo 5 is being pushed into 2015 to add polish.
    Halo 5 in my case. I can't but wonder how much lightning is left in the series. For Gears I don't wonder..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Halo 5 in my case. I can't but wonder how much lightning is left in the series. For Gears I don't wonder..
    Yeah I agree. They would have to completely retool that series at this point. And yeah I was referring to mynds confirmed for this year comment in my other post.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I get the feeling, the casual halo crowd has moved onto cod.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Mynd is referring to Halo 2 anniversary remake remastered special collectors edition! Boom!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    It says hell yes. and I do not want to hear any whining about how inaccurate metascore is. If you have better criteria, please come up with one.

Halo 3- 94 metascore
    Halo 4- 87 metascore

COD MW2- 92 metascore
    COD WAW- 83 metascore

Halo 4 was the lowest main(not side) scoring Halo title to date.
    Indeed, mainly cause it felt the same as usual. So I dont think there are issues with 343 emulating what Bungiee did.

Then, you have 343 studio who is nowhere near same caliber as Bungie.
    And yet had the far more graphically impressive game.
    There is no doubt Halo needs tweaking however. It cant just be the same old same old.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Mynd is referring to Halo 2 anniversary remake remastered special collectors edition! Boom!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Am I? All I know is there is a Halo coming this year.

Forum Overseer
    Indeed, mainly cause it felt the same as usual. So I dont think there are issues with 343 emulating what Bungiee did.
    hence the problem. they can emulate what Bungie left but likely won't be able to improve on it. Destiny is what Halo should be.

so?
    There is no doubt Halo needs tweaking however. It cant just be the same old same old.
    bro, it needs more than a tweak. the gameplay has been the same since the first game. i just watched the Halo 4 video...it makes me sad what they did with the series. the weapons are extremely unbalanced...you don't even have to go near the enemies anymore...which made the game more fun.

20. Likes mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    @ mynd using graphics to say that 343 are in the same league as Bungie.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Overseer
    he has his charm.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I believe the discussion was calibre. They outshone them in tech and a lot of the key drivers behind the Halo story/universe went to 343, so Id say they are of a similar calibre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    I believe the discussion was calibre. They outshone them in tech and a lot of the key drivers behind the Halo story/universe went to 343, so Id say they are of a similar calibre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that's a load of bull lol. but anyway, graphics really, i don't get the point. then i guess GG and Crytek are one of the best developers out there...they're not.

and Halo 4 looks nice but we would need to look at what they compensated to make it happen...did they reduce the map size or did they take out certain features that bungie had implemented...i remember something about a global lighting system bungie had. also, Reach is supposedly huge, according to bungie.

343 could be very talented, no doubt but working on someone else's game just doesn't make sense to me. it's like Sony trying to sell us SOCOM but the developer is someone else...which already has happened and i know how that turned out. now if 343 can come up with something that rivals bungie's next project then you have a point, otherwise, what i said is true. they can emulate it, but it will be difficult to make the game evolve.

because Destiny looks truly an evolved Halo game.

25. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    that's a load of bull lol. but anyway, graphics really, i don't get the point. then i guess GG and Crytek are one of the best developers out there...they're not. and Halo 4 looks nice but we would need to look at what they compensated to make it happen...did they reduce the map size or did they take out certain features that bungie had implemented...i remember something about a global lighting system bungie had. also, Reach is supposedly huge, according to bungie. 343 could be very talented, no doubt but working on someone else's game just doesn't make sense to me. it's like Sony trying to sell us SOCOM but the developer is someone else...which already has happened and i know how that turned out. now if 343 can come up with something that rivals bungie's next project then you have a point, otherwise, what i said is true. they can emulate it, but it will be difficult to make the game evolve. because Destiny looks truly an evolved Halo game.
    Yeah from what I've seen of Destiny I think 343 has some really big shoes to fill. The PS4 footage of Destiny just looks amazing. Bungie has outdone themselves with that game.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    that's a load of bull lol. but anyway, graphics really, i don't get the point. then i guess GG and Crytek are one of the best developers out there...they're not.

and Halo 4 looks nice but we would need to look at what they compensated to make it happen...did they reduce the map size or did they take out certain features that bungie had implemented...i remember something about a global lighting system bungie had. also, Reach is supposedly huge, according to bungie.
    I dont really see any difference in map size etc, Reach didnt have any larger maps than an other Halo game.
    343 could be very talented, no doubt but working on someone else's game just doesn't make sense to me. it's like Sony trying to sell us SOCOM but the developer is someone else...which already has happened and i know how that turned out. now if 343 can come up with something that rivals bungie's next project then you have a point, otherwise, what i said is true. they can emulate it, but it will be difficult to make the game evolve.

because Destiny looks truly an evolved Halo game.
    People don't play Halo just cause its fun, it has a very rich back story and universe, people love it for its story it delivers.
    To be honest I'm still on the fence with Destiny, I haven't seen anything (yet) that would push me into buying it, the animations hell even the guilty spark clone are all very influenced by Halo. The gameplay is very Haloish.

Superior Member

If they were good enough studio and same enough caliber, then they could have evolved it. They certainly had the opportunity to do so...

If you are saying 343 had lower scores because they couldn't do anythin but copy Bungie then you are making one weak as$ excuse to why they had lower score. lol

We weren't talking about graphics.

You dam well knew that, nice try again at trying to twist the discussion.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Nah he fully know what he means. He is not dumb. He just wants to twist the argument because he know he lost his point.

It is mynd being mynd.

Thread Information