PSU Live Streamer

Mass Effect Trilogy on PS4 & Xbox One Listed by Retailer

Video source

Article source

It looks like the Mass Effect trilogy is indeed heading to the Xbox One and PS4, if listings posted by Chilean retailer Zmart Games are anything to go by.
    First spotted by eagle-eyed NeoGAF user Rushersauce, the listings aren't accompanied by any solid information regarding release dates or prices. You can, however, sign up for notifications when more becomes available.
    Rumours of a remastered trilogy first emerged in March, when general manager of BioWare's Edmonton and Montreal studios Aaryn Flynn revealed that the topic had been "discussed."
    If a port of the popular sci-fi trilogy is indeed in development, it would be far from the first time a game had been leaked by a retailer (The Last of Us: Remastered anyone?). But to err is human, so as always, take this with a grain of salt.
    By all accounts, BioWare is hard at work on the next installment of the franchise. While release date details have yet to be revealed, we're due an update sometime this year. So far all we've had are a few teaser images, a promise that it will be fresh but recognisable, and may have nothing to do with Shepard.
    We'll update you with more information as it comes.

Looks like another remaster(???) is on its way to next gen.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    man, when does next-gen start!?

However, they could've chosen worse games to remaster. It's one way of circumventing the lack of backwards compatibility...granted, the prices are..damn.

MASS EFFECT SERIES SPOILERS BELOW

not sure what good they can do to the unreal engine though. outside of texture and screen res, i don't see much of a visual bump with this one.
    Last edited by Admartian; 04-28-2014 at 23:16. Reason: Possible game spoilers.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    but how does it make you feel

PSU Live Streamer
    Companies choosing to remaster titles into next gen doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I applaud it. For minimal effort, the dev team can potentially further their revenue stream on a title that probably isn't generating much anymore for them currently.

They have 2 target groups.
    -those that played it, loved it, and want to replay it in a better form
    -those that missed it, now use the opportunity to jump on the train as it passes by the second time (or third :P)

In some cases the best way to get someone to jump on board with the 3rd or 4th installment of your series when they haven't played the first installments....is to give them those installments. So for what little cost they incur on a re-release they in turn expose themselves to a larger consumer base for future titles.

side note:
    I fully expect to see an Uncharted trilogy remaster produced in prep for U4
    Last edited by shepard; 04-28-2014 at 19:01.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

5. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Companies choosing to remaster titles into next gen doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I applaud it. For minimal effort, the dev team can potentially further their revenue stream on a title that probably isn't generating much anymore for them currently. They have 2 target groups. -those that played it, loved it, and want to replay it in a better form -those that missed it, now use the opportunity to jump on the train as it passes by the second time (or third :P) In some cases the best way to get someone to jump on board with the 3rd or 4th installment of your series when they haven't played the first installments....is to give them those installments. So for what little cost they incur on a re-release they in turn expose themselves to a larger consumer base for future titles. side note: I fully expect to see an Uncharted trilogy remaster produced in prep for U4
    Yeah I'm ok with it as well. As long as the visuals show a good improvement. Plus we know they are working on the next ME.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'd buy this in a New York minute!

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Having played through all three already, I'll not bother. But would recommend the trilogy to anyone that hasn't played them previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    man, when does next-gen start!?

However, they could've chosen worse games to remaster. It's one way of circumventing the lack of backwards compatibility...granted, the prices are..damn.

MASS EFFECT SERIES SPOILERS BELOW

not sure what good they can do to the unreal engine though. outside of texture and screen res, i don't see much of a visual bump with this one.
    That's one of the great things about Mass Effect and games of the ilk.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Sage
    Ehh, I don't know.

Will the DLC for the games be included? What amount multiplayer in ME3, will it be supported again?

Doesn't seem to make much sense to buy this at (assuming $60) when you can get the games on PC's/previous gen consoles for half that much. (or even less) I'd rather bioware put all their effort into the next mass effect game and post release content/support.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Ehh, I don't know.

Will the DLC for the games be included? What amount multiplayer in ME3, will it be supported again?

Doesn't seem to make much sense to buy this at (assuming $60) when you can get the games on PC's/previous gen consoles for half that much. (or even less) I'd rather bioware put all their effort into the next mass effect game and post release content/support.
    it is one of the ways they are getting funding to pay for those games. It is cheap and there is a market for it. Free market means dont want it dont buy it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    If it is cheap I might get it.....It would make three systems I have these games on.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I only played ME2 and finished it, but wasn't very impressed. They market the game as an RPG while it's clearly just a third person shooter with some upgrades.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    it is one of the ways they are getting funding to pay for those games. It is cheap and there is a market for it. Free market means dont want it dont buy it.
    Suppose sales are mediocre. I have to "deal" with that consequence (and therefore the waste of time on it by the developer) even if I elected not to buy it.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I only played ME2 and finished it, but wasn't very impressed. They market the game as an RPG while it's clearly just a third person shooter with some upgrades.
    ME2 was the most barebones of them all, they stripped too much.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    i can agree with that, it got more diluted as the series progressed. ME1 had more RPG elements in it than the preceding two, with ME3 likewise having less than ME2 had.

Mass Effect 2 was the game with most of the character development though. I quite liked my trips to Mordin just to hear the humorous stuff he'd say. I liked his view on art, culture and how he did not like the damage he'd caused with the genophage....

I also liked my trips to legion. he was interesting just to listen to, whoever cooked up his dialogue obviously has some interesting views on human society. the different perspective was very welcome on my part.

Did not like grinding for weapons though. that was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Having played through all three already, I'll not bother. But would recommend the trilogy to anyone that hasn't played them previously.

That's one of the great things about Mass Effect and games of the ilk.
    That's one of the good things about Mass Effect. There are those who preferred Miranda over Ashley. Some preferred Morinth over Samara. The characters were varied and had their own different take on things...i did not like Jack though. it was probably more to do with the options the game gave you. iirc,
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    i can agree with that, it got more diluted as the series progressed. ME1 had more RPG elements in it than the preceding two, with ME3 likewise having less than ME2 had.
    Huh? How did 3 have less than 2?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

17. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Master Guru

That's one of the good things about Mass Effect. There are those who preferred Miranda over Ashley. Some preferred Morinth over Samara. The characters were varied and had their own different take on things...i did not like Jack though. it was probably more to do with the options the game gave you. iirc,

Forum Sage
    Is is really necessary for spoiler tags for games that came out years ago?

Master Guru
    Well, it doesn't hurt. Especially as people that didn't play them might come into this thread for that very reason.

21. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    if you haven't played this game and like huge space epics this is a good game.

Thread Information