Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They'll be answering the million dollar question later this week. Is it 30fps or 60fps?
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    As long as it's buttery smooth without any noticeable loss of framerate then I'll be happy. 30 FPS though to me is like a slideshow.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    They'll be answering the million dollar question later this week. Is it 30fps or 60fps?
    If it looks like that trailer and still has day/night cycles and has a steady framerate then I'm happy. If it happens to hit 60fps in the process then its icing on the cake imo.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-30-2014 at 01:24.

Superior Member

Is it still free for PSN plus?

It seems like Sony has dropped far more money on it. I wonder if they still want to give it away for free. If they had 150 people work on it and each peroson plus burden cost 90k a year, that is 13.5 million dollars addition.

Hard to believe Sony worked so hard just to give the game away for free.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    Is it still free for PSN plus? It seems like Sony has dropped far more money on it. I wonder if they still want to give it away for free. If they had 150 people work on it and each peroson plus burden cost 90k a year, that is 13.5 million dollars addition. Hard to believe Sony worked so hard just to give the game away for free.
    Yes, but theres less tracks and cars in the PS+ version.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    90k is a little far-fetched, on average a developer would earn less than half of that, 40k is more like it. Also I highly doubt there's 150 people working on the game, more like 50-70. Game developers get paid peanuts in the UK and I do mean literally - labour of love.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Rushy (community manager for drive club now game director) has said that the ps+ edition is still happening. Like rad said, it'll be the same game with less tracks and cars with the option to unlock the full game (basically DriveClub ground zero)

As for the delay, i think it had to do with the online mode and the social/team aspect of the game. They'll answer more questions tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    90k is a little far-fetched, on average a developer would earn less than half of that, 40k is more like it. Also I highly doubt there's 150 people working on the game, more like 50-70. Game developers get paid peanuts in the UK and I do mean literally - labour of love.
    Well, thats why I said burden cost. Burden cost refers to your overhead, equipment, software packages, licenses and etc.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Ps+ is digital

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Be interesting to see how much the upgrade cost is to the full game. It's something I'd definitely consider if its around the £15 mark.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    As there's still a PS+ version I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaGSi View Post
    Be interesting to see how much the upgrade cost is to the full game. It's something I'd definitely consider if its around the £15 mark.

As the PS+ version is free, I won't be surprised if it's only maybe £5 less. I think the upgrade thing is more about trying the game extensively but being able to keep progress if you do want the rest.

Although I guess it matters how much content is kept back, there needs to be enough not in PS+ version to warrant upgrading, but not too much that the free version is just a demo.

As far as I can remember, there is actually a fair amount of content coming in the PS+ version.
    Last edited by darky89; 04-30-2014 at 10:16.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I'm not going to take the chance and just going to get the disc instead.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Almost a funking year from when it was supposed to launch., wtf sony?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    It needed polish, wish a lot of devs and pubs did that. Polish your games before releasing it

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    It needed polish, wish a lot of devs and pubs did that. Polish your games before releasing it

a years worth of polish?! damn.....

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    a years worth of polish?! damn.....
    The game just wasnt ready. Sony knew it wasnt going to be ready. Even hands on impressions at Gamescon said it looked unfinished. But I'm glad they didnt push out an unfinished product. Looks like the game has really benefited from the delay.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    A year delay? Still faster than Gran Turismo...

It (DriveClub) was incorrectly billed as a launch title from the start.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    A year delay? Still faster than Gran Turismo...

It (DriveClub) was incorrectly billed as a launch title from the start.
    we will probably still be waiting for two years for the next GT!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Did any one post the answer?

Its 30fps.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Above average salary and at sony first party teams, i think they also receive FREE private dental, healthcare and 30% discounts on first party games and Sony electronics. Dammit, it's win, win, win for them.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Q&a info dump

probulletstopper
    can you turn off the hud like in infamous second son?

paul rustchynsky
    yes!

diego-gene
    logitech??

paul rustchynsky
    we love racing wheels! We’re working closely with thrustmaster to support their awesome wheels already and when logitech support wheel peripherals on playstation 4 we’d love to support them in driveclub too.

mega-morgatron
    how about fanatec wheels? Specifically the csr. I understand that the fanatec wheels would be supported on ps4 (which were originally released for ps3, + pc & 360), so i’m really hoping that’s the case.

paul rustchynsky
    as i said to diego-gene, we’re big fans of wheels, so whether its logitech or fanatec we’d love to support their wheels if they choose to bring them to playstation 4.
    tanaki_khan
    that sounds great on paper but when you have limited playtime you tend to be playing at the same time of day all the time. A decent feature is wasted. Better to have shorter day/night cycles that most games use these days.

paul rustchynsky
    tanaki_khan is right. We tested this because on paper it sounds really cool, but when you actually play at the real time of day for a while you lose a lot of the magic and diversity.
    We allow you to customise the start time and the time compression (time lapse) in every race you set up, so you have lots of flexibility yourself.

midboss
    i know the online component focuses on clubs but are there any solo multi-player options for us anti-social people with no friends?

paul rustchynsky
    driveclub is at its best when you’re connected, as you’ll always have fresh and exciting new challenges around every corner. It’s up to you how you play, when you play and who you play with. You can play solo if you want: Online or offline. There’s a full single-player campaign for you along with the ability to set up your own events, which will all help you earn access to new cars and rewards. Everything is better when you’re online though, connected to friends and playing in a club, sharing every moment and competing in engaging challenges.
    kriskrosbbk
    maybe its early to ask but,do you guys plan to release an upgrade of the ps+ version which matches the original game?

paul rustchynsky
    that’s exactly right. You and your friends have plenty of options on how to get into the game and into your club. You can get all of the cars and tracks from the start by picking up the blu-ray, which offers the best value overall, or you can try out the playstation plus edition first and then upgrade to match the original game.
    makikou72
    rushy: Why do you say 30fps is better for this game? Everyone knows 60fps is a much better experience for a racing game. That said, cvg newspost also said that you said that 30fps on infamous: Second son was the right call, but at the beginning it wasnt even locked to 30fps, it was unlocked.

So, any chance for locked/unlocked option then..?

paul rustchynsky
    the most important thing for a racing game is a locked frame-rate – whether it’s 30fps or 60fps. It’s vital that every controller input you make is consistent and also equal for all drivers. We chose a locked frame-rate for this very reason and with 30fps we don’t have to hold back any of the obsessive visual detail in our game.
    djplaeskool
    hey rushy! I know i’ve asked about this in the past on gaf, but will the soundtrack be available outside of the game in anyway (either digitally or otherwise)? I want more hybrid in my life.
    As always, i’m comping at the bit to get my hands on this game.

paul rustchynsky
    we are looking into the options for this, because we love the soundtrack too.

qu3st39
    do you unlock new cars or earn points to “buy” new cars; same question in regards to parts/skins.

paul rustchynsky
    in driveclub every action you perform, whether that’s drifting in style, reaching insane top speeds or drafting an opponent to set up an overtake, you earn fame.

When you earn enough fame you level up and when you do you unlock new cars to race with! The same goes for you club. When your club reaches specific levels you’ll earn new cars, which everyone in the club gets immediate access to. It’s a simple and focussed approach that allows everyone to help each other to earn more and play more.

phoenixology
    can i see a video of some gameplay?

paul rustchynsky
    we will be showing you more of the game before and at e3, including direct gameplay captured from ps4.
    We’re keen for you to see how much it’s improved since you last saw it, even for the areas where we’ve already achieved great things. Our artists have relished the extra time to add more cars and tracks and to add detail upon detail to the cars and tracks we’ve had all along. They’re all trying to one-up each other and exploit the power of ps4 as much as possible and they’ll continue to do so until you get your hands on the game. So you can definitely expect us to be proudly sharing updates with you for the rest of the year.

foreverfighting
    you have talked about having the, “biggest tracks you will ever see in a racing game”. Could you give us an idea of the sort of length we could expect, and whether there will be environment changes during the course of a track that effects gameplay?

paul rustchynsky
    the length of the roads and race tracks in driveclub vary massively, with some that you can speed around in less than a minute and others that stretch on for miles. The longest takes 5 minutes end-to-end, even with your foot to the floor in any one of the quickest cars in the game!

We did try our hand at making even longer tracks and while it was possible, it was difficult to keep super long tracks feeling fresh and exciting, especially when you’re racing because the pack you’re racing with tends to break up the longer the race goes on.

miklsp

i really don’t care how many frames per second there are as long as it runs smoothly, anyone stating that 60 fps is a critical condition which determines whether they will buy the game or not should give up on gaming and become a statistician or something. Games are to enjoy not analyse and i will buy games that look fun to play.

Thankfully driveclub does look fun and i hope the social integration is pulled off properly. I already like the small implementation of asynchronous challenges in games like motorstorm rc and nfs so i have high hopes for this in driveclub.

As for the handling physics, would you say it is more towards arcade or simulator? Basically, is it possible to make it round a sweeping curve by just tapping the brake and throwing the car sideways? I hope not and would like this to be a more serious racer, not necessarily down to the simulation level of gran turismo but something more than arcade physics.

paul rustchynsky
    our ambition was always to transcend “arcade” and “simulation” stereotypes because we want to bring fans of all racing games (and all of their friends) together in driveclub. The driving model we’ve developed offers the best of both worlds, with handling that offers many layers of depth to allow players of all ability to race together.

If you come from a background of arcade racing or you’re completely new to racing, you’ll find it easy to pick up and you’ll quickly learn that you do need to use the brakes more than you would in most arcade racing games.

If you come from a background of simulation racing or you understand the art of race craft, you’ll be able to pull off advanced driving techniques and use the weight and velocity of the car realitsitically to keep to the racing line and shave milliseconds of of your lap times.

danofblades
    hello! I’ve been excited about driveclub since it was first announced. Thanks for working so hard to get the game right, i’m really looking forward to playing it!
    Will the tracks in the game all be original tracks created by you or will you also have real-world tracks like laguna seca and nürburgring?
    Thanks for your answer!

paul rustchynsky
    all of the tracks that feature in driveclub are authentic and based on real world reference trips, but rather than just recreate reality we exploit the freedom of games design to make them more exciting and enjoyable!

el_cuco305
    hi rushy, will you put out some hq version footage today?

paul rustchynsky
    we’re going to release the hq 1080p video, but it won’t be today i’m afraid.

vitalvilarinho
    hey paul,
    do you plan to use a 3d option like gt6?

paul rustchynsky
    we have no plans right now to do this.
    s-cript
    this thread is worthless without a demo

paul rustchynsky
    if you’re going to either e3 or gamescom this year you’ll be able to try out the game for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by one of our own
    lefein
    i never saw anyone complain about the pgr series being 30fps. I think people need to calm down with the fanboy wars and be glad this game has day/night cycles as well as weather and no ps2 era cardboard cutout crowds or environments that look like 3d extrapolated google maps.

paul rustchynsky
    pgr was one of my favourite racing games

truemurton
    when the game was first announced it was said that ps+ version was basically the full version minus some cars and tracks, now it’s being described as a “collection of cars and tracks” almost as if it’s a demo or something. Sounds like there’s a massive reduction in scope on the plus version to try and push that retail copy.

Can you go into any detail on what the difference will be. Are we talking gt5 vs gt complete edition as was originally described, or are we looking at something more like gt5 prologue vs gt5?

paul rustchynsky
    the playstation plus edition hasn’t changed. It’s hardly a demo because you get access to all of the game’s features online and offline. The difference is that you only have 10 cars and you can only race in one country (which gives you access to 5 tracks with 11 distinct variants).

gamzinga
    will monster trucks be in this game? I’d love to smash some ferraris up.

paul rustchynsky
    not in driveclub, although i’m sure it’d be great fun!

malcher
    from ign article http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/3...nd-taking-over
    “so you won’t get all the cars, you won’t get all the tracks, but you still get all the key features: You’ll be able to play online, multiplayer races, you’ll be able to join a club, create connections, attend challenges and even play through part of the single-player game and unlock trophies as well.”
    why part of the single player? Does it mean that in ps plus edition it won’t be possible to finish single player campaign?

paul rustchynsky
    simply because the playstation plus edition doesn’t include all of the cars and tracks that you’ll need to complete driveclub tour.

probulletstopper
    please answer this, i’ve been asking this for a while now. Is the in game steering animation 1:1 when using a racing wheel? And does it support 900 degree steering rotation?

paul rustchynsky
    it will be 1:1. With the wheel lock we decided to restrict it to 720 degrees to provide a more accessible experience.

debaicheron
    rushy, congratulations on the promotion to game director! I would love to know some details about customization. I understand it is all cosmetic but will it be a choice between editable skins (colors), arranged decals in layers or just choice of pre-made skin?

paul rustchynsky
    you’ll be able to customise your vehicles using liveries that you unlock throughout the game, changing colours and paint finishes of the various layers. This will allow you to create unique paint jobs that’ll make you and your club stand out from the pack.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 04-30-2014 at 23:54.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

22. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The game just wasnt ready. Sony knew it wasnt going to be ready. Even hands on impressions at Gamescon said it looked unfinished. But I'm glad they didnt push out an unfinished product. Looks like the game has really benefited from the delay.
    I have to agree. This is the most visually impressive current-gen game I've seen yet. It's said to run at 30 frames per second but that's not a bad thing in my opinion.

24. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    A bit disappointed to read there are only 10 cars in the + edition, I mean it's free... so shouldn't really complain, but also that you unlock cars and not buy them.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Confirmed platinum still obtainable in the + edition and upgrade price is coming soon:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/...nnounced-soon/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    Oct so far off lol. I hope there is another race game out bythen

Thread Information