Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I would wait and see what games Microsoft have to announce at E3. You at least own all three current-gen consoles which is pretty cool.
    you mean two current-gen

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I would wait and see what games Microsoft have to announce at E3. You at least own all three current-gen consoles which is pretty cool.
    I think I will definitely wait for E3. If Microsoft announces Halo for 2014, then I will easily hold on to the console. I love Halo.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    At least wait till E3 and see if/when MS shows something you may like.

If the plan is still not satisfying you then let go.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    for someone like yourself lethal, it would make no sense to sell it. you're not a penny pincher by any means.

you won't be saving much at all. you likely don't look for deals...but maybe official bundle deals. point being, to go through all the hassle, you will need to go through more hassle to actually save yourself from losing more.

it's probably good to just keep it now. you know you're going to want an X1 later sometime. i mean, you knowingly bought two consoles that cost you $900, you must have been ok thinking that it's possible that you can't possibly be playing them both constantly.

me, i don't care how good the consoles were, i just wouldn't have the time to keep up.

5. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I think I will definitely wait for E3. If Microsoft announces Halo for 2014, then I will easily hold on to the console. I love Halo.
    Yeah well you know Halo is coming so if you love Halo then you might as well keep it then.

Dedicated Member
    The scary thing is that I'm hearing their 'announcements' are mostly for games coming in 2015. They expected this generation to take off slower and they were going to control things with iron fist.

Fable, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Halo, anything ,mostly for 2015.

Sad. I mean pushing back Planetside 2 and Drive Club are pissing me off, but it's not 2015 level pissing me off.
    I do admit though, when Elite : Dangerous hits, i'm gonna be busy on PC

http://elite.frontier.co.uk/
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Dedicated Member
    I am debating as to whether or not I should even keep the console. A few things are really rubbing me the wrong way with the system.

1. Final Fantasy 14 is not on the XB1 because Microsoft does not want cross game across all platforms.

2. No damn games.....

3. Developers and their constant struggles to provide games in 1080p.

I really thought Microsoft was going to knock it out of the park with this new console. But so far it just feels like a step backwards.

I have the Day 1 edition package, which is why I am hesitant on selling the console. I really only use it to watch TV, and occasionally play Killer Instinct. A game in which I LOVE!

This is just me thinking out loud, maybe looking for other opinions to help me decide what to do with the console. If there was a big exclusive to look forward to, then I may feel differently. But there is literally nothing out there that the PS4 will not have, and with better resolution or frame rate.
    Why though? The Xbox was mediocre, the 360 fell off after 2008 to become no more than average overrall and the X1's focus was always on Kinect/media from the beginning. The X1 is what I knew it would be, but a lot of you here and on other sites ignored it. People may not always agree with me, but I was right about MS and their direction with the X1. Phil Spencer is just talking PR and nothing will change.

I say sell it before a price drop because nothing special will be announced at E3 as we already know Halo will come as well as the other games they already announced. You can buy it again later at a cheaper price with a Halo or Gears bundle if yo play those games.

Really though with Destiny looking much better than what Halo has done and most likely will do I am sure the Bungie experience will satisfy you and everyone else on the PS4. Unless you are a huge Gears and Halo fan the X1 offers nothing gaming wise.

Forum Sage
    No games worth a damn. Multiplats run better on the PS4.

Since launch, what has come out? Titanfall? Thats great if I were an online gamer. There is nothing releasing.

People with both a PS4 and XB1, really have no reason to play the XB1. And when June rolls around, both consoles will be tied for retail exclusives. PS4 still wins with digital exclusives.

PS4 has at least released some games since launch. FF14, inFAMOUS, MLB The Show, The Last of Us (in a few weeks)

Im sitting here looking at what I should get on the XB1, and I see nothing. So ya, the XB1 is very disappointing to me.
    Really, that counts as enough games for you? One of which is a redone version of a ps3 game from 2013?

Honestly, I don't see why anybody would buy either console. With Titanfall and Infamous being disappointments and watch dogs being questionable, there really doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile till the latter half of this year.

10. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    TF and Infamous were disappointments? tough crowd lol.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    TF and infamous may not have been the second coming (metacritically speaking), but they catered for the crowds they were after.

They did well considering. Who was expecting GTA or even close?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    TF lacked SP and multiplayer is ~meh.

Infamous wasn't that long and the reviews were good and not great.

Honestly the only 3 games that seem promising this year are Destiny, Halo (X1) and The Division (could could be pushed to 2015 and possibly be ****ed up by ubisoft)

I suppose the upcoming dragon age game may be added to that list pending more info.

But so far this year seems like a disappointment. Perhaps E3 will change that.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Personally I would wait for e3. If you are intending to sell might be risky if they announce a Kinect less bundle. But honestly you already bought it, if it was me I would hold of for a little while. But if you don't like the system itself, no reason to hang around. If it's the games mostly that bother you I would wait. But honestly, you have a PS4. If you are happy with that and nothing on X1 catches your eye after e3 I say sell.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Overseer
    ew he said dragon age.

Forum Sage
    ew he said dragon age.
    Not for me but for that style RPG fans.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Originally Posted by Lethal
    No games worth a damn. Multiplats run better on the PS4.

Since launch, what has come out? Titanfall? Thats great if I were an online gamer. There is nothing releasing.

People with both a PS4 and XB1, really have no reason to play the XB1. And when June rolls around, both consoles will be tied for retail exclusives. PS4 still wins with digital exclusives.

PS4 has at least released some games since launch. FF14, inFAMOUS, MLB The Show, The Last of Us (in a few weeks)

Im sitting here looking at what I should get on the XB1, and I see nothing. So ya, the XB1 is very disappointing to me.

It may be disappointing to you but there is stuff to play. It's seems like you gave ps4 a pass because at launch there wasn't much to play and there still isn't. Yes ps4 has released infamous but ms had dead rising, killer instinct, Ryse, forza 5 at launch. Since then there has been titanfall, Plants vs zombies, max the brotherhood, project spark beta, kinect sports rivals, and spartan assault. Ps4 had knack and killzone at launch, and has only released infamous since then. And you say people have no reason to play xb1? It looks like there is actually more on xb1 right now so I don't see how you can say that about one and not the other. What about the ones who don't want infamous or killzone? Is there really a lot of choices for those who want exclusives and aren't a fan of those games. That's the situation I'm in. I'm waiting for that must have title for ps4 before I purchase one, but I wouldn't say there isn't any reason for others to play it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-30-2014 at 03:40.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It may be disappointing to you but there is stuff to play. It's seems like you gave ps4 a pass because at launch there wasn't much to play and there still isn't. Yes ps4 has released infamous but ms had dead rising, killer instinct, Ryse, forza 5 at launch. Since then there has been titanfall, Plants vs zombies, max the brotherhood, project spark beta, kinect sports rivals, and spartan assault. Ps4 had knack and killzone at launch, and has only released infamous since then. And you say people have no reason to play xb1? It looks like there is actually more on xb1 right now so I don't see how you can say that about one and not the other. What about the ones who don't want infamous or killzone? Is there really a lot of choices for those who want exclusives and aren't a fan of those games. That's the situation I'm in. I'm waiting for that must have title for ps4 before I purchase one, but I wouldn't say there isn't any reason for others to play it.

Ever think about the possibility that those games don't really interest him much and factor that in with the multi platform superiority that there isn't much keeping him around? That factor of PS4 having the strongest out of the two in the multiplatform department is huge. It was one of the reasons that do many went with 360 last go round. So if the exclusives are even at a wash them which is the better choice. That is if he genuinely wants to sell the X1.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 04-30-2014 at 03:45.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

19. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Ever think about the possibility that those games don't really interest him much and factor that in with the multi platform superiority that there isn't much keeping him around? That factor of PS4 having the strongest out of the two in the multiplatform department is huge. It was one of the reasons that do many went with 360 last go round. So if the exclusives are even at a wash them which is the better choice. That is if he genuinely wants to sell the X1.
    Yea but he wasn't just talking about him. He said people with both have no reason to play xb1. The same rules apply to those with a ps4 with games that don't interest them. The points I made still stand. The xb1 still has more exclusive 1st party titles available right now and have released more since launch. There isn't much content available for both, but how can anyone say there are no reasons to play xb1. It really has nothing to do with platform superiority. That doesn't take away what's available as far as content.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Dead Rising 3 looks like a 360 game and was very disappointing. Ryse looks good, but only lasted like 4hrs. Forza 5 and Killer Instinct are cool. Titanfall is an online only game.....no thanks. Same goes for this Plants vs Zombies crap. Kinect Sports Rivals? I honestly hate Kinect with a passion. Still annoyed that Microsoft forces you to have one.

Sony has been releasing games while Microsoft has not. It is great that Microsoft had some launch titles, but what since then? Titanfall? Plants vs Zombies? Online fps games........

If my cable box was not plugged in to my XB1, it would probably never be turned on.

Like Sufi mentioned earlier. It is not about the money. And he is probably right about me buying the console again as soon as a game comes out that I want to play. The thought of getting rid of the console crossed my mind, but it is probably best to just keep it. Just hope the console gets some damn exclusives soon.

From my experience of both consoles, the PS4 is hands down the superior console. There is no arguing that. That is why there is no thread of me pondering the thought of selling it.

22. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Dead Rising 3 looks like a 360 game and was very disappointing. Ryse looks good, but only lasted like 4hrs. Forza 5 and Killer Instinct are cool. Titanfall is an online only game.....no thanks. Same goes for this Plants vs Zombies crap. Kinect Sports Rivals? I honestly hate Kinect with a passion. Still annoyed that Microsoft forces you to have one.
    what does all that have to do with their availability for others to play? What would you tell a person who is only interested in playing games from naughty dog who wanted a ps4? Would you tell them there isn't anything to play and buying the console would be a waste?

Sony has been releasing games while Microsoft has not. It is great that Microsoft had some launch titles, but what since then? Titanfall? Plants vs Zombies? Online fps games........
    what has Sony released since launch besides infamous?

If my cable box was not plugged in to my XB1, it would probably never be turned on.
    but that's by choice. It's not because there aren't any games available.

Like Sufi mentioned earlier. It is not about the money. And he is probably right about me buying the console again as soon as a game comes out that I want to play. The thought of getting rid of the console crossed my mind, but it is probably best to just keep it. Just hope the console gets some damn exclusives soon.
    How quickly we forget what happened last gen at launch. Was that any better. I seem to remember there not being a whole lot to play on ps3 at launch too, but look how that turned out.

Forum Overseer
    what does all that have to do with their availability for others to play? What would you tell a person who is only interested in playing games from naughty dog who wanted a ps4? Would you tell them there isn't anything to play and buying the console would be a waste?

but that's by choice. It's not because there aren't any games available.
    i think you misunderstand the point of this thread. he's speaking about what he likes and dislikes. which has nothing to do with others.

what has Sony released since launch besides infamous?
    did you miss that pic with all the games listed?

How quickly we forget what happened last gen at launch. Was that any better. I seem to remember there not being a whole lot to play on ps3 at launch too, but look how that turned out.
    and how do you know that he wasn't playing his 360 more? you are assuming that he was perfectly happy with his PS3 in the beginning.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    what does all that have to do with their availability for others to play?
    This is about me, and only me. I feel that the XB1 is severely lacking in terms of good exclusives, coupled with lower quality multiplatform games. I feel Sony has the better exclusives out. And I am judging this off my personal experience with all the games.

To answer your question, the PS4 received Final Fantasy 14, inFAMOUS, and MLB The Show. Then put those together with every single multiplatform game that has released. Because every single one has been better on the PS4.

This is how I have come to these feelings towards my XB1. You can feel differently of course. Nobody is saying there is a right or wrong answer here. Just opinion vs opinion.
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-30-2014 at 04:39.

Forum Overseer

here it is.

also sub, i would not call them "1st party" lol because they're not all first party. you mean, exclusives more like.

here's what i can gather so far, let me know if i'm missing a gem on X1, i'm only going by popular titles and exclusives.

PS4: KZ, Knack, Infamous, FFIV, MLB (May).
    X1: Dead Rising, Forza, KI, Ryse, TF.

While I agree that X1 has more interesting exclusives at the moment, it's a fair fight considering the amount of good indies Sony has.

PS4: Outlast, Don't Starve, Mercenary Kings.
    X1: PVZ.

give or take, it's about the same but PS4 still has more selection overall. Sony definitely dropped the ball by not releasing DriveClub but overall, it's about the same, just that some people may like some games more than others.

Forum Sage
    i think you misunderstand the point of this thread. he's speaking about what he likes and dislikes. which has nothing to do with others.
    No I understand perfectly.

People with both a PS4 and XB1, really have no reason to play the XB1.
    that doesn't sound like he was talking about himself only.

did you miss that pic with all the games listed?
    I didn't ask to see pics. It was a simple question. What besides infamous has Sony released winch launch? Key word is Sony.

and how do you know that he wasn't playing his 360 more? you are assuming that he was perfectly happy with his PS3 in the beginning.
    it doesn't matter what he was or wasn't playing. The point is that a slow start doesn't mean a slow finish.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-30-2014 at 04:46.

28. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    well, i wouldn't expect MS to make a comeback like Sony did with games last gen but i'm sure MS will bring out more games on the system, hence i asked him to keep the console. after all, he must like Xbox exclusives or he would not have bought one at launch knowing that X1 is inferior.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Spiderman 2 can go on the PS4 list as well. I doubt the XB1 will be seeing the game. Nevermind, looks like it is on the list.

that doesn't sound like he was talking about himself only.
    Read the first post again and then tell me who I am talking about please.

I am debating as to whether or not I should even keep the console. A few things are really rubbing me the wrong way with the system.

1. Final Fantasy 14 is not on the XB1 because Microsoft does not want cross game across all platforms.

2. No damn games.....

3. Developers and their constant struggles to provide games in 1080p.

I really thought Microsoft was going to knock it out of the park with this new console. But so far it just feels like a step backwards.

I have the Day 1 edition package, which is why I am hesitant on selling the console. I really only use it to watch TV, and occasionally play Killer Instinct. A game in which I LOVE!

This is just me thinking out loud, maybe looking for other opinions to help me decide what to do with the console. If there was a big exclusive to look forward to, then I may feel differently. But there is literally nothing out there that the PS4 will not have, and with better resolution or frame rate.
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-30-2014 at 04:56.

Thread Information