Superior Member

Anyone else experiencing......

Issues with party chat and online matches lately?. Since Sunday morning I've been getting kicked from party chat/online matches within 15 minutes. All while still being signed into psn and no drop of internet on any device in the house. Tried multiple restarts of PS4 wired vs wireless , restarting router , different Ethernet cord , setting router back to factory default , placing PS4 in a DMZ via router , verified NAT type was not changing from type 2 , chatting with a Sony rep who told me I needed to call as I would have to reset router to further troubleshoot ( like I hadn't already Smh) , OH I also tried knocking on wood lol didn't work either! getting an NP error in the error log, of which only mention online I can find is to restart system and that psn is down. Which I know it is not.Anyways , anyone else experienced tgis ? Any suggestions short of reformatting my damn system? I'm really convinced at this point it's on Sony's end. Hoping maybe the update this week May do something for it , but i seriously doubt it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    No issues here. Used party chat last night playing FF14.

Superior Member
    Ok , thanks for the bump Lethal.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by str8upnobs View Post
    Ok , thanks for the bump Lethal.
    No problem. I did a quick search, and it does seem that others have been experiencing your problem. The PS4 would say that the other party member could not participate in the chat due to some restrictions........

One person said they fixed the issue when they used a different headset. Sounds weird.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    No problem. I did a quick search, and it does seem that others have been experiencing your problem. The PS4 would say that the other party member could not participate in the chat due to some restrictions........

One person said they fixed the issue when they used a different headset. Sounds weird.
    That above sounds like a NAT type issue. We have a friend that was stuck on type 3 and getting that error in party but yeah , I've noticed a trickle of the same problem since I started researching it this weekend. I'll have to try a different headset than my Gold's. If nothing else , so I can cross that off the list. Although as of yesterday after I would make a change to see if it worked I wouldn't even bother turning my headset on. I'd just create my own party , invite no one , and wait to see what happened. Every time between 15-20 minutes it'd boot me. Not done trying things yet......but I'm about to the end of the list of things I can try. Going to research ports for PS4 , and maybe try eliminating router 100% by coming straight off of modem (although I do not think this is the culprit , but at least I can eliminate it for sure by trying.) .
    Last edited by str8upnobs; 04-29-2014 at 18:41.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I've had the same problem since march. I get kicked and it messes everything up. It shows me as being signed in but i can't go to the store or anything. It's to the point that I don't bother doing chat. I'm waiting for them to fix it in a future update.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I've had the same problem since march. I get kicked and it messes everything up. It shows me as being signed in but i can't go to the store or anything. It's to the point that I don't bother doing chat. I'm waiting for them to fix it in a future update.
    DAMN! That's a buzz kill. It wouldn't have bothered me so much in the PS3 days , but ever since launch there isn't often that I 'm not in party chat while playing on the PS4. That's what has me so bugged about this. It worked damn near flawlessly from 11/17/13-4/26/14 & now all of the sudden goes haywire? While still logged into PSN & no drops in internet to any devices in house? Strange to me.........

Super Elite
    Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str8upnobs View Post
    Issues with party chat and online matches lately?. Since Sunday morning I've been getting kicked from party chat/online matches within 15 minutes. All while still being signed into psn and no drop of internet on any device in the house. Tried multiple restarts of PS4 wired vs wireless , restarting router , different Ethernet cord , setting router back to factory default , placing PS4 in a DMZ via router , verified NAT type was not changing from type 2 , chatting with a Sony rep who told me I needed to call as I would have to reset router to further troubleshoot ( like I hadn't already Smh) , OH I also tried knocking on wood lol didn't work either! getting an NP error in the error log, of which only mention online I can find is to restart system and that psn is down. Which I know it is not.Anyways , anyone else experienced tgis ? Any suggestions short of reformatting my damn system? I'm really convinced at this point it's on Sony's end. Hoping maybe the update this week May do something for it , but i seriously doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?
    Yes....no go unfortunately though. Going to check into all of the common ports the PS4 utilizes when I get home.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Could be an issue with your ISP. I know in the past soem ISP have blocked certain ports due to them claiming p2p or torrent clients use them. UK ISP Talk talk blocked steam ports a few years ago.

Forum Overseer

can't be the ISP because i've had similar issues but rarely. my issues did not persist.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    can't be the ISP because i've had similar issues but rarely. my issues did not persist.
    I agree.....Think it may have happened one other time , but only once. Not repeatedly for 72 hours straight. Last night it seemed to last a bit longer at times , but still was dropping me from party chat/CoD Chaos mode matches with friends. This is after I went home and forwarded every damned port I could find on the web suggested by Sony/Activision to open for their online applications. Keeping my fingers crossed today's firmware update does something for it.

Superior Member
    Well , firmware update had no effect whatsoever as expected , but..............on a whim last night I decided to bypass the router completely and removed it from the equation , running the ethernet directly off of the cable modem , and lo and behold it seems to be working now. I didn't actually participate in party chat , rather I went into a friends party muted everyone , and didn't turn my mic on while I watched some TV. I did not get booted in over an hours worth of party time. I've had this happen before with previous routers , but when 99% of your other internet ready devices are showing no signs of trouble , you want to believe it is not on your end. I still need to put in some QT tonight to truly 100% feel that it's solved , but it's looking like I was wrong for blaming it on being Sony's end. Hopefully it will help any others who have this problem.

Superior Member
    the update had adverse affects for us last night, we'd be in pre-game lobbys for COD and we'd get a notification that the chat was set to priortize party, not game.. then as soon as the notification would go away it would come right back. Did it over and over and over until the game started. No clue why. but it sure got annoying after a while

Thread Information