Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite

Is Battlefield 4 really as buggy as people make out?

Okay so I bought a PS4 on Monday as a stand-alone console and I have ordered MGS:Ground Zeroes and COD: Ghosts. I am eager to try Battlefield 4, but from this forum I have heard that there online experiences with multiplayer is shoddy.

What I want to know is has everybody experienced this, and is it worth while me getting the game?

Plus has EA put a premium version out of this particular game that includes the full game. The reason is because I am thinking it is worth me getting the premium rather than buying things individually?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Superior Member
    Rent it. It's the buggiest AAA title I think I have ever played. It'll WOW you at first. It looks very nice but once you sink some time into it, you'll understand.

Oh, then there's the obvious rubberbanding that was supposedly fixed with their "High Performance Servers". Battlelog is full of people complaining still regarding rubberbanding after the server "upgrade".
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I heard the PC version was pretty broken. I guess it is the same for consoles?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    I just deleted it and re installed it last night after months of not playing due to crashing. Mid way thru first chapter it crashed... I feel ripped off on the single player campaign but mp is nice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Forum Sage

The game has gotten better but with each update they seem to break something else. Rubberbanding isn't as big as an issue as it once was - you still get shafted by it occasionally though.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    They are fixing it, but slowly.
    It is nigh on 6 months after release and they only just got on top of the rubber banding issues loads of console players experienced and are fixing a serious bug that affects all formats.

Thos issues aside, when playing with friends (PSN or XB Live) using mics it is a lot of fun.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-29-2014 at 20:09.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Traded it in today after my Single Player got corrupted due to some unforeseen error.

I didn't really play the MP often other than for time-killing. Was pretty fun when I was in voice chat.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Traded it in today after my Single Player got corrupted due to some unforeseen error.

I didn't really play the MP often other than for time-killing. Was pretty fun when I was in voice chat.
    The Single player is very lack lustre and seems to me and others very rushed and last minute. Also is a piece of cake. If you bought it soley for that SP then you would be disappointed.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    The Single player is very lack lustre and seems to me and others very rushed and last minute. Also is a piece of cake. If you bought it soley for that SP then you would be disappointed.
    I did enjoy the multiplayer as well, although I'm not very good at it. Pretty much the entire reason why i decided to trade

But after watching the last bit of SP online, I completely agree with that. It felt so 1 dimensional and the ending(s) were absolute crap anyway.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Yes my friend BF4 is one of terrible demo I would call it and 99.5 percent is buggy and terrible. I just gave it on that **** game and no more buying it at all. You will experience thousands of problems and they look so stupid. EA didn't even spend 1 minute on testing that game and instead wanted us "players" to test it and wait for 80 patches to fix all those problems. Stay away from it and for sure this is a demo and not worth more than 19 dollars.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Single player seems to be fixed. No more corrupted files after crash and it doesn't crash back to error code just to the games main menu.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

I heard the single player is rubbish due to the bugs. But the Multiplayer is decent.

Super Elite
    So is the multi-player (online) buggy?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Extreme Poster
    it's not buggy, it's just so laggy that you can't play it. look up rubberbanding bf4 ps4 on youtube.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    So is the multi-player (online) buggy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's not buggy, it's just so laggy that you can't play it. look up rubberbanding bf4 ps4 on youtube.
    Well yes there re loads of vids of rubber banding but the last couple weeks they have rolled out upgraded faster server hard ware to combat that and releasing a patch.

I will nto be buying BF5 though, due to the horrid experience I had up till now, All through march I could not play due to crashes. It does work fine the whiole of this month.
    Also the sound engine is awful, it sounds great and high quality but often sounds are cut off or missing, like every time entering a vehicle the game goes silent for up to 10 seconds, another thing is its hard to pinpoint where sounds are coming from. This is not unique to BF4 either, it was exactly the same in BF3. IT pisses me off.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-30-2014 at 19:20.

Forum Elder
    I haven't had a single problem since my last post in this thread a few weeks ago when I complained it crashed.

A lot of others do though I guess I have been lucky.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    It was a god awful mess on PC when it first came out.

Servers were crashing left and right in the middle of the match. Then there was the hit detection issue. Theres videos on youtube explaining it all but basically you could stand right in front of someone and shoot them...and it wouldn't register.

The **** was out of control.

To fix the server issue, they actually forced ppl to update their GPU drivers to the most current. In PC gaming....thats unheard of.

That **** pissed me off something fierce b/c lately Nvidia had been making shaky new drivers...many ppl were having stutter issues. But I updated anyway and it's been a minor problem...and the servers are fixed and I just got over the hit detection thing....I don't compete anymore so it's not a big deal.

Extreme Poster
    honestly, i don't care that they fixed it at this point...the fact that they are such a huge company and they basically just wouldn't/couldn't do **** about this, makes me beyond furious. I've never been this furious at a company. they are quick to take our full money but gave us a full game 6 months down the road. lovely.

so i do not recommend BF4, or EA games in general.

im kinda mad I paid 500 for a ps4 and paid 75 for battlefield and now when I go online to play multiplayer the game is so laggy its unplayable fkn BS

If you pick the game up now it is alot better than it was, i find playing smaller-medium scale maps and game modes is obviously better than something like conquest where i have experienced a lot of 'rubberbanding'. Been playing alot last few days on TDM and touch wood its been almost perfect. Still as a complete package, given the poor and buggy campaign and variation in quality across the online its a game i wouldnt recommend. Shame it had lot of potential but its just not acceptable to put out a game this buggy and do so little to fix it in my opinion.

Ultimate Veteran
    Stick with cod

Power Member
    Google "jet height bug"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    It's got it's issues but when it works properly it is the best military shooter multiplayer I've ever played. My biggest issue was the lack of squad building outside of the round, but I just put it on for a quick blast for the first time in ages and it has a beta squad builder on it now.

Extreme Poster
    it's a great shooter, one of the best but it's the best shooter available imo, not the best ever.

i think primarily due to the limitations that arise from the modes that the game sports.

e.g. think about this long and hard...long...and...hard...do you not always feel the need to keep running to the objective because you just never have enough time? what i've noticed is that the first minute of the game generally decides who is the winner, not always but i have seen this pattern.

do you not feel sometimes that you run more often than think of strategies? i feel that way a lot. especially since i love strategy and there are times you just don't have time for it, so you end up running and gunning or running and getting shot on the way. that is a huge problem with the game's mechanics.

the custom rooms fix this issue but not everyone puts up high tickets and sometimes high tickets can get boring. i just feel that they need to take out the ticket aspect and think of other ways to have us play the game. i have never liked the conquest mode...or even the rush mode...the game has a lot of potential but the modes stop the game from becoming what it could be.

too much rushing, constant rushing. if you don't rush, you aren't contributing imo. and yes, you do need the vehicle guys too, but the point is, you need foot soldiers to win the game and you need people who know how to take points.

so when i try to win, i win...when i hold back and chill...i notice a lot of the times, we lose. i get tired of that crap sometimes. there isn't a middle ground in this game for me.

Apprentice

I've run into a couple problems but I think people are mostly overdramatizing it.

Thread Information