Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
    http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

Wooot!!!!!!!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    outside of Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow, it's looking like he's going for that young teen crowd again like he did with Star Trek.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I can understand going for young, if this is locked into another 3 saga block there needs to be room for growth.
    Disney can do fantastic work, we all know this I hope the right people get to poke a few ideas into this.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Sage

On a more serious note, I have a bad feeling about this. You know when people say that a franchise/ip should be put to rest? I think tat applies to SW regarding films. This act by disney screams like a money grab. (which is pretty sad considering how much money was raked in by the EU)

If people didn't dislike george lucas already, they may now for selling lucasfilm/SW to Disney. (and therefore allowing this to happen)

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I'm worried now that they completely disregarded the EU books. There were some good ones. I hope they don't make compromises on the script and have comparable characters to Jar Jar Binks in this new trilogy. I welcome the sequel, but I definitely worried.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    I'm worried now that they completely disregarded the EU books. There were some good ones. I hope they don't make compromises on the script and have comparable characters to Jar Jar Binks in this new trilogy. I welcome the sequel, but I definitely worried.

7. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    I only read up to the Yozhoan Vong books (or however the **** you spell it), nothing past that. The inclusion of Chewie..yeah.
    Other than that, some of or all of that could have happened.
    I mean Han Solo is 72 now.

Friendship is Carrots
    I kinda worry about this.

Disney is overall a great media company. Their animated movies, CGI films, time with Pixar, how they've used Marvel, etc. It's fun, well developed, entertaining stuff. I feel like I can maybe trust them with the franchise.

But they really need to keep it serious and try to capture the feeling of the previous three. They don't need to modernize and teenage-ize it. Star Wars needs some respect to its name again, and I'm concerned about Disney's capability of securing that -- or willingness to do so.

Also, give us some goddamn good Star Wars games again. :T
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Gonna wait and see.

Can't be as bad as Ep 1...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Gonna wait and see.

Can't be as bad as Ep 1...
    Dam it man you just cursed it!

12. Likes PS4freak , Ixion , Lebowski likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Dam it man you just cursed it!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    outside of Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow, it's looking like he's going for that young teen crowd again like he did with Star Trek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I kinda worry about this.

Disney is overall a great media company. Their animated movies, CGI films, time with Pixar, how they've used Marvel, etc. It's fun, well developed, entertaining stuff. I feel like I can maybe trust them with the franchise.

But they really need to keep it serious and try to capture the feeling of the previous three. They don't need to modernize and teenage-ize it. Star Wars needs some respect to its name again, and I'm concerned about Disney's capability of securing that -- or willingness to do so.

Also, give us some goddamn good Star Wars games again. :T
    What's with all the "teenaging" talk? Or young audience for matter. Most of this cast is hardly known, so its clearly not pop driven. And a third of the cast is from the original trilogy. A lot of movies have people that are 20s or 30s...

Look at Abrams films, have any of them come off as teenage films? The Star Trek movies were done in a way to side step trying to top the old Star Trek legend. Instead of trying to out do the old movies and fanfare which is impossible, he did something... different.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    On a more serious note, I have a bad feeling about this. You know when people say that a franchise/ip should be put to rest? I think tat applies to SW regarding films. This act by disney screams like a money grab. (which is pretty sad considering how much money was raked in by the EU)

If people didn't dislike george lucas already, they may now for selling lucasfilm/SW to Disney. (and therefore allowing this to happen)
    Lucas always had plans for a third trilogy as part of the universe he originally created. He stalled after Episode 3, maybe after the backlash... and then he caved. But there was suppose to be a 7, 8, and 9. Now I don't think Abrams is doing that exactly but still, there's definitely room.

So paraphrasing... "I hope they have comparable characters to Jar Jar Binks but I'm worried"... Seriously?

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post

So paraphrasing... "I hope they have comparable characters to Jar Jar Binks but I'm worried"... Seriously?
    Read it again, and don't twist my words. Seriously.

I hope they don't make compromises on the script and have comparable characters to Jar Jar Binks
    I hope we don't have characters like Jar Jar Binks (or any cute characters for that matter) again or any ****ty comic relief character that serves no purpose for the story. Han Solo and Chewie are good enough comic relief because they work so excellent on the screen.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Who the ****are these people. I think Andy Serkis might be the only name I've ever heard. But I guess Star Wars never has relied on big names at all. But a few are sprinkled in there. Not this movie outside of the original cast. I'm still excited but I'm reserved. No doubt Disney knows how to make big blockbusters but thus is a completely different beast.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Director J. J. Abrams, producer Bryan Burk, a traditionally young, unknown cast and composer John Williams. This movie has all of the ingredients to be amazing.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-03-2014 at 19:05.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Director J. J. Abrams, producer Bryan Burk, a traditionally young, unknown cast and composer John Williams. This movie has all of the ingredients to be amazing.
    I was glad with the choice for Abrams. He's very good. I also didn't think there would be any doubt John Williams would do the movie. It would have been boycott everywhere if he didn't.lol I'm just worried because Hayden Christensen was a no name actor and he sucked. The movies he was in were good but he was pretty bad on the second. Not as bad in the third though. I'm not going to jump it's **** yet but we will see. Hell amazing directing can take no names and make them great. Just look at game of thrones.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Who the ****are these people. I think Andy Serkis might be the only name I've ever heard. But I guess Star Wars never has relied on big names at all. But a few are sprinkled in there. Not this movie outside of the original cast. I'm still excited but I'm reserved. No doubt Disney knows how to make big blockbusters but thus is a completely different beast.
    Your joking right? Perhaps you never saw the avengers or frozen?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    best thing about that picture that gives me hope this might be a good movie is the absence of Lucas.

21. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I was glad with the choice for Abrams. He's very good. I also didn't think there would be any doubt John Williams would do the movie. It would have been boycott everywhere if he didn't.lol I'm just worried because Hayden Christensen was a no name actor and he sucked. The movies he was in were good but he was pretty bad on the second. Not as bad in the third though. I'm not going to jump it's **** yet but we will see. Hell amazing directing can take no names and make them great. Just look at game of thrones.
    Well.....only no name actor in the original Star Wars was Alec Guiness. Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and even Harrison Ford were largely unknown. Hayden Christensen was one of many examples how how Lucas should have let other, better qualified folks run the show. The actors should be fine. With Abrams directing and writing the script with Lawrence Kasdan (writer for Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and the first three Indiana Jones movies).....yeah, I'm expecting great things.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Thread Information