Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

Iam thinking to rent Unreal Engine 4!

I was so crazy back in the days with programming and did so many websites, images, dynamic objects, and pictures. I used the HTML to code and later on moved to Java plus that was going to enable me to create more stuff. I wanted design some stuff but got busy with life and stopped. Do you guys think its good idea to rent this new engine and rebuild an old game? I just want to know if anyone did try this who can provide me with more details and see what the results were. Thanks a lot.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I was so crazy back in the days with programming and did so many websites, images, dynamic objects, and pictures. I used the HTML to code and later on moved to Java plus that was going to enable me to create more stuff. I wanted design some stuff but got busy with life and stopped. Do you guys think its good idea to rent this new engine and rebuild an old game? I just want to know if anyone did try this who can provide me with more details and see what the results were. Thanks a lot.
    Download it and have a play, I've used UDK a bit.
    You don't have to pay for it just yet.

I haven't dabbled with unreal script, but the rest of it has little to do with actual programming, its a level/asset designer.

https://www.unrealengine.com/products/udk/

Forum Sage

So, what game do you plan on rebuilding? I say go for it and download the UDK and play around with it. There is no harm in getting back to your passion.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Web technologies is a very different animal altogether than game programming. Java kind of straddles some middle ground there in that it can function as a stand alone technology for desktop programming and web tech, but otherwise (imo) worlds apart.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Download it and have a play, I've used UDK a bit.
    You don't have to pay for it just yet.

I haven't dabbled with unreal script, but the rest of it has little to do with actual programming, its a level/asset designer.

https://www.unrealengine.com/products/udk/
    Ok thanks for the information friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    So, what game do you plan on rebuilding? I say go for it and download the UDK and play around with it. There is no harm in getting back to your passion.
    I was thinking to rebuild Syphon Filter 1 and also by buying a new graphic software and try to redesigning the entire levels by mixing it with the Unreal Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Web technologies is a very different animal altogether than game programming. Java kind of straddles some middle ground there in that it can function as a stand alone technology for desktop programming and web tech, but otherwise (imo) worlds apart.
    Thanks for the advice. That's why I wanted to ask before starting my project. I will give it a try since its free thanks.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Take a look at this:

http://www.hypercoop.tk/infobase/arc...ials/guide.htm

If that makes sense to you then your on your way

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    A couple of guys and I at work are thinking about dabbling in a UE4 and Rift project for a City builder.

HEard it's around $20 per month?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    A couple of guys and I at work are thinking about dabbling in a UE4 and Rift project for a City builder.

HEard it's around $20 per month?
    It $20/month if u want updates, otherwise it just $20 for the engine, not including royalties though.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    IT took the modders of Black Mesa almost 10 years to come up with a somewhat final product of the HL1 game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Thanks guys for your advice. I will give it a try and hopefully I can do something.

Forum Sage

I was thinking to rebuild Syphon Filter 1 and also by buying a new graphic software and try to redesigning the entire levels by mixing it with the Unreal Engine.
    That would be absolutely sweet to see redone.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    That would be absolutely sweet to see redone.
    Thanks friend. To tell you the truth. I have had this vision for very long time and as I mentioned. I went crazy with programming and I would have done it long time ago, but live pressure took my time and couldn't buy any stuff until so on. With God help I will try to do it very soon.

Forum Sage

Thanks friend. To tell you the truth. I have had this vision for very long time and as I mentioned. I went crazy with programming and I would have done it long time ago, but live pressure took my time and couldn't buy any stuff until so on. With God help I will try to do it very soon.
    You don't need god. You already have all the tools and assets within you and at your disposal. I say go for it and spend the $20 a month to use the UDK4 Engine and show us what you've got.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    You don't need god. You already have all the tools and assets within you and at your disposal. I say go for it and spend the $20 a month to use the UDK4 Engine and show us what you've got.
    I do need God to refresh my mind. I haven't coded anything in years and worked a little by using C++. Now, there are so many great books and plus the engine.

Thread Information