Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I can see a huge difference. Not sure if you've been seeing the Project Cars videos I've been doing but I went from recording at 30 FPS to 60 FPS. The recording framerate limits the output of the game and 30 FPS was instantly like a slide show. Even 60 FPS to me is a little jerky as when I do race I race with 3 screens, and the 2 screens on the side show the slide show effect when I'm concentrating mostly on the middle screen (similar to the old CRT effect except obviously there's no flicker, just erratic movement). When I'm not recording however I always try and play my games as close to 120 FPS as possible, I get zero screen tearing and everything is liquid smooth, plus the response I get back in racing games is massive. The sense of speed also flies up too. It honestly isn't elitist rubbish, it honestly has a huge benefit. Either way I'm still getting this game.
    Well thats a nice story but it doesn't change the fact that I've never seen any difference at all much less a huge difference when I've played a 60fps racer vs a 30fps racer. Sorry, I just dont see it. So therefore its just not a big deal to me. What I am excited about is how awesome this game looks, both the track environments and the cars. So long as the framerate is solid I'm happy. And it is elitist rubbish imo. And seeing these "60fps is vastly superior" and "I see a huge difference" comments coming mostly (not all) from our resident PC "enthusiasts" just convinces me even more that its elitist rubbish. But anyway Lefein was right in the op about how this thread would turn out. So I'm out. Hurry up October. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-01-2014 at 11:20.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...comment-505063 Didn't keep PGR from being an awesome game series. I suspect this game will do plenty well without 60fps. Of course, haters are gonna hate lol
    You hit the nail right on the head brother. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-01-2014 at 11:13.

Elite Sage
    Last edited by BBK..; 05-01-2014 at 17:41.

Elite Sage
    No need to be getting feisty Rad. We're all friends here but If you're going to try and call people out you might as well just do it properly and not try to sugarcoat it. No need to be a defensive "PS Enthusiast" about it.

I'm sure everyone would prefer it If the game was 60FPS. It's a shame it isn't as racing games do benefit from it but I doubt it'll be a deal breaker for anyone who was interested in the game already.

But I'm glad the frame rate won't bother you, I truly am as I find I'm a bit too sensitive to it personally.

You're right though. It's better to be a locked 30 than an unlocked variable framerate if the console can't handle it.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i don't get what the big deal is surrounding 60FPS?

when you're staring at my tail lights, the last thing on your mind will be what FPS you're currently doing

I believe I have my first challenger. Bring it!

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post

when you're staring at my tail lights, the last thing on your mind will be what FPS you're currently doing

Funny seeing you guys calling each other out like this, guess I will have to show you both how it's done
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Maybe I should do a video capture of 30 FPS vs 120FPS.

The reason PC Gamers are the ones to point this out is simply because we often play games in the hundreds of FPS. Team Fortress 2 for instance can be played at over 200FPS on today's hardware, knock that down to a low 30FPS and your eyes will be watering after a few minutes. It happens to me often if I play a game with such a high FPS and then playing on the console, my eyes just water for a minute or two because they're very sensitive to the hertz range being displayed. This is why I think sole console gamers aren't affected or not so much because they are used to such a low FPS for many years. I don't think consoles will ever properly hit that 100 FPS+ magic number because of the way console games are developed - to maximise graphical fidelity as much as possible rather than fluidity. Personally I would rather have fluidity than graphics.

I am surprised you don't see the difference Crow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Funny seeing you guys calling each other out like this, guess I will have to show you both how it's done
    No way josť!
    That's ok. I'll be staring at the track ahead of me while seeing a small speck in my wing mirror getting ever smaller.

Elite Sage

I'm gonna buy a PS4 just to take your ass down. I might buy a PS4 later this year so me, you, duff, Varsh, Jordie and 33x can have a few races on F1 2014

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

9. Likes 33x likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Guys, keep on fightingit out for who will be in second. I'll be too far ahead for you to even remember I'm in the race.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I'm gonna buy a PS4 just to take your ass down. I might buy a PS4 later this year so me, you, duff, Varsh, Jordie and 33x can have a few races on F1 2014
    This is sounding better by the minute! I think we should get a racing league going.

12. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Maybe I should do a video capture of 30 FPS vs 120FPS.

The reason PC Gamers are the ones to point this out is simply because we often play games in the hundreds of FPS. Team Fortress 2 for instance can be played at over 200FPS on today's hardware, knock that down to a low 30FPS and your eyes will be watering after a few minutes. It happens to me often if I play a game with such a high FPS and then playing on the console, my eyes just water for a minute or two because they're very sensitive to the hertz range being displayed. This is why I think sole console gamers aren't affected or not so much because they are used to such a low FPS for many years. I don't think consoles will ever properly hit that 100 FPS+ magic number because of the way console games are developed - to maximise graphical fidelity as much as possible rather than fluidity. Personally I would rather have fluidity than graphics.

I am surprised you don't see the difference Crow.

No way josť!

That's ok. I'll be staring at the track ahead of me while seeing a small speck in my wing mirror getting ever smaller.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Guys, keep on fightingit out for who will be in second. I'll be too far ahead for you to even remember I'm in the race.
    Yeah you guys keep believing that, if you tell yourselves that often enough you really will believe it's true
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Finally You Are Free
    60 fps isn't necessary for any kind of game, however some games benefit from it more than others. I'd argue a game where you drive and move very quickly to be one of those.

But it's not an issue, especially if you're not used to 60fps anyway. Plenty of racers have gotten by perfectly fine at 30 fps.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well it's like I said, if you're used to 30/60 FPS then you won't notice a difference anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Yeah you guys keep believing that, if you tell yourselves that often enough you really will believe it's true
    That's because it will be true!

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    <--- doesn't own a PC (not a gaming one anyway)

If people can't see it - great. Lucky ol' them. It still doesn't cater for the input sampling rate not being relevant.

After a year of delay we see a 30fps racer, that's reduced club size from 12 to 6 (I don't buy their reasoning for that), and no real time day/night cycles (something I'm mad at Forza still not doing along with dynamic weather). To me it screams technical issues, but I remain hopeful we'll still get a good racer out of this and not a game that's built primarily for epeen forum argument screenshot comparisons.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

17. Likes 33x likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    <--- doesn't own a PC (not a gaming one anyway)

If people can't see it - great. Lucky ol' them. It still doesn't cater for the input sampling rate not being relevant.

After a year of delay we see a 30fps racer, that's reduced club size from 12 to 6 (I don't buy their reasoning for that), and no real time day/night cycles (something I'm mad at Forza still not doing along with dynamic weather). To me it screams technical issues, but I remain hopeful we'll still get a good racer out of this and not a game that's built primarily for epeen forum argument screenshot comparisons.
    The real time day night cycles? From what I'm reading the real time calculation stuff is all there, you can alter the time of day for each race and it transitions.

What I've been reading, have people been expecting for the time of day to reflect what your actual time of day was? Cause as a gameplay mechanic that would mean people driving during the day would be at an advantage to those at night. Makes much more sense for the time of day to be set at the start of a race and for it to progress from there.

19. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    The real time day night cycles? From what I'm reading the real time calculation stuff is all there, you can alter the time of day for each race and it transitions.
    Is that right? Okay, that's actually pretty good then. I thought it was setting a time of day before each race - which I wasn't too impressed by.

One thing I did like the sound of is the FAME system for clubs and that cars will also be unlocked at the club level and instantly available to all club members. Very neat.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Dedicated Member
    Is that right? Okay, that's actually pretty good then. I thought it was setting a time of day before each race - which I wasn't too impressed by.

One thing I did like the sound of is the FAME system for clubs and that cars will also be unlocked at the club level and instantly available to all club members. Very neat.
    Yeah this is from one of the Devs...

“We tested this because on paper it sounds really cool, but when you actually play at the real time of day for a while you lose a lot of the magic and diversity. We allow you to customise the start time and the time compression (time lapse) in every race you set up, so you have lots of flexibility yourself,”

So you set the start time and compression rate.

22. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    I'd rather see better graphics than smoother gameplay so 1080p is more important to me for current-gen games. 30 frames per second is slightly higher than that of movies so it's certainly tolerable. I'd say DriveClub is the best-looking PS4 game right now but I have a hard time believing it would still look that good at 200 frames per second.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Overseer

developers choose 30fps because of the mainstream market. because most people look at games from a face value. if they're not impressed with the first impression, you've lost the sale.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I just want you all to know that, while you're eating my dust, that second place is the first loser

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    As ricky bobby would say 'if you ain't first...your last'...

27. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    No need to be getting feisty Rad. We're all friends here but If you're going to try and call people out you might as well just do it properly and not try to sugarcoat it. No need to be a defensive "PS Enthusiast" about it. I'm sure everyone would prefer it If the game was 60FPS. It's a shame it isn't as racing games do benefit from it but I doubt it'll be a deal breaker for anyone who was interested in the game already. But I'm glad the frame rate won't bother you, I truly am as I find I'm a bit too sensitive to it personally. You're right though. It's better to be a locked 30 than an unlocked variable framerate if the console can't handle it. BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    That sure got a quick response from you. Must have hit close to home. Well if the shoe fits....lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-01-2014 at 22:21.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Is that right? Okay, that's actually pretty good then. I thought it was setting a time of day before each race - which I wasn't too impressed by. One thing I did like the sound of is the FAME system for clubs and that cars will also be unlocked at the club level and instantly available to all club members. Very neat.
    Yeah I like that too. Hope we get a PSU league or club going.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Where did they say day/night cycle was removed?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Drive by troll post from sub I guess

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

That's what she said.

Thread Information