most suprisingly good ps3 games

what ps3 games surprised you on how good they are heres mine

journey
    i went in expecting to be bored silly but instead i was blown away at how fantastic the game really was the graphics pretty much showerd how video games can be a form of art i mean it rituraly looks like a painting on the wall it probebly the best looking ps3 game period

white knight chronicle
    since critics where mixed with the series i went into it expecting to hate it but instead i found out how fun the game was sure it has its issues but if you can look past them its a pretty decent action rpg with some very good graphics to boot

brutal legend
    wasnt expecting much from this game but when i played it i found myself enjoying the game to death i loved the graphics i loved the heavy metel soundtrack i loved the characters i loved the humour everything about this game was just a joy (and yes i even liked the strategy gameplay) still not as good as psychonauts though

sonic generations
    ive been disapointed with sonics recent works (it just seemed after the awesome adventure 2 the series just didnt do it for me) but then i played sonic generations and it made me feel like i was 8 years old again ^^ classic sonics gameplay was my fav because it just brought back so many memories

disgaea 4
    went into the game thinking i was gonna loath it but instead got a fantastic game with great gameplay fun cast of characters and a quirky sense of humor defiantly a must have for jrpg fans

atelier series
    impulse bought this thought i was gonna hate it but instead found the series to be a fun little game that got addicting fast (totori is my fav in the series btw)

well thats mine whats yours?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    I don't get Journey, I really really don't ... What is so fun about it? You just have to walk around... I admit the graphics are superb and the atmosphere is magnificent, but otherwise I found it pretty boring...

My favorite indie on PS3 is probably Brothers: A tale of two sons. It's short and very easy, but the story is gripping and overall it's a wonderfull experience

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    It's not a "fun"-game? Part of the concept is communicating with others - another to take in the atmosphere.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    I don't get Journey, I really really don't ... What is so fun about it? You just have to walk around... I admit the graphics are superb and the atmosphere is magnificent, but otherwise I found it pretty boring...

My favorite indie on PS3 is probably Brothers: A tale of two sons. It's short and very easy, but the story is gripping and overall it's a wonderfull experience

journey is one of those games you really need to play to see whats so special about it

it isnt a good game per say but its a absolutely brilliant experience

Thread Information