Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336

Fanfest, Dust, and Legion

So, thoughts?

Personally I have to admit I'm a little disappointing. I don't really do PC games, and I doubt I will just for Legion. They also seem to be changing a lot with how it will work (progression/economy/etc), so I'm a little concerned with those plans. There was one passing comment that it could potentially be on consoles, but they clearly don't have that in mind right now.

The biggest thing though is how they've treated the Dust community at this point. So far everything has been about Legion and there has literally been nothing about Dust (even in the Dust keynote) besides "we're still supporting it". PVE is only being worked on for Legion, and it seems likely nothing (SP/ISK) will transfer over.

I don't know, I'm not totally giving up, but it's definitely been a major blow to my motivation to play now. They really just need to address some of concerns and questions to hopefully clear up some of the confusion. I'm sure we'll learn more in the weeks and months to come, but this has definitely been a day of mixed emotions.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    My thoughts... well based on what has been announced and concerning Dust514 (articles/forums). I think CCP is in a tight spot now, they have made A LOT of players and fans VERY angry (myself included). They've pretty much said Dust514 will die off and Legion will take its place. I have many concerns;
    1. how does CCP expect me and people like me to go buy a gaming PC just so I can play Legion
    2. they have essentially robbed us as a community
    3. I soooo looking forward to piloting a Minmatar Tank
    4. I can't take this game seriously and have no motivation to cap every week now that this game has no future
    ..I could think of a few more, but the whole thing is stupid.

This sort of migration from PS3 to PC might have been a double edged move for CCP and it's sad to say that. They're good people and a good company, but I don't think this was the best action they could have taken. If their vision for this game was to end up on PC anyway, why even bother putting Dust514 on PS3 in the fist place? In a since I feel betrayed as a customer and as a fan/gamer.

I will still play Dust514 til the near end; however, don't count on me playing Project Legion. Don't get me wrong I'd love to continue playing, but I'm not sure what the future holds and if my laptop will be able to run this game.
    Last edited by Ranthop; 05-03-2014 at 07:51.

|| PSUGS Director ||
    Ranthop - Minmatar: Logi.Scout.Sentinel
    Ranthop II - Gallente: Commando.AssaultDropship

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    It's called 'Project' Legion, no? emphasis on project. ie, it has no formal game title.

it could be the title for Dust.

Just how EVE has EVE: Rubicon etc.

however, if it's not, it is disappointing to see them abandon their consumer base. truth be told, CCP and DUST have not had the best of times. Hopefully, the new title isn't using UE tech.

But, CCP only have themselves to blame for the state of Dust. In the 5 months Warframe has been on PS4, DE have put out 100x more content than CCP has in it's entire year since Uprising (for example).

EDIT:
    Just seen a youtube vid......what have they learned exactly?

it looks like Dust 514 PC edition, Still has the same janky looking controls, and lethargic movement.

^is this taken from the PS3 or is it the PC stuff they announced???^
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 05-03-2014 at 14:45.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    That demo was played live on a PC.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    That demo was played live on a PC.
    Really? i can see that the disappointment from the Dust players is justified then. I don't see what it is doing that the current title can't do, or PS4 for that matter.

Not particularly exciting, or different, stuff to be honest. It's kinda like a slap in the face to all those who've played dust thus far. "Oh hey, thanks for Beta testing for us guys, we're gunna move to this platform with all your feedback and start a new project, thanks" - what it sounds like.

One of my gripes of Dust is the controls are stiff and lazy. As a point of reference, ARMA II is a pain in the ass to play and i prefer it to Dust smh. If it ships like that on PC it will be the same catastrophe all over again.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

Armored core is on sale for a fiver. I made a team called psu ghost wolves. Vag has a copy, and i got the idea from some people who were on the dust forums.
    i love couch co op

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranthop View Post
    They've pretty much said Dust514 will die off and Legion will take its place.
    This is why I felt it was wrong for Ghost to give DUST such a great review largely due to CCP's future plans for the game. There was no guarantee any of that would come to fruition.

Perhaps CCP will make a PS4 version and completely turn it around (unlikely), but you can at least see the uncertainty involved right now.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Yo bill! I'll grab a copy of Armored Core soon, but yeah save me a spot on the team.

|| PSUGS Director ||

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    It's called 'Project' Legion, no? emphasis on project. ie, it has no formal game title.

it could be the title for Dust.

Just how EVE has EVE: Rubicon etc.

however, if it's not, it is disappointing to see them abandon their consumer base. truth be told, CCP and DUST have not had the best of times. Hopefully, the new title isn't using UE tech.

But, CCP only have themselves to blame for the state of Dust. In the 5 months Warframe has been on PS4, DE have put out 100x more content than CCP has in it's entire year since Uprising (for example).

EDIT:
    Just seen a youtube vid......what have they learned exactly?

it looks like Dust 514 PC edition, Still has the same janky looking controls, and lethargic movement.

^is this taken from the PS3 or is it the PC stuff they announced???^
    ^for clarity, i'm referring to 3:13 where the guy in control runs into the railing....stuff like that is unacceptable for a PC FPS. you could have 10 million FPS but the movement would still seem slow as sin.
    I'd even go a step further and say if he wanted to jump over that railing he'd get the same remedial jump action the PS3 has been carrying for years.

CCP should have worked the kinks out on the PS3. Felix, did they ever get around to fixing their aiming after the info you posted?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    The footage is still new, it is a prototype build, but what we're looking at is Dust514: re-skinned... So at the moment they haven't learned anything, they just got fed up with the limitations of the PS3, plus I heard CCP was having legal issues with Sony, so they decided to cut their losses and switch over.

Who knows, maybe when they re-release Dust514 - oh, wait I'm sorry, release Legion *cough* they'll actually have a better product. Otherwise if it is just going to be the same exact physics and mechanics as are in Dust514 *laughs* then really I will have no more words for CCP. I mean in terms of progressing as a company, concerning Dust514, they have been moving at a snail's pace compared to the makers of Warframe - thanks for pointing that out.

Until then you can find me on Dust514, (soon to be) Armored Core: Verdict Day and (later) Destiny

|| PSUGS Director ||

DUST 514 Reporter
    PSN ID
    Greenears514
    the footage for project Legion was just a test
    they literally transferred over a few dust assets, made a pretty map and showed the world
    Like Valkyrie, CCP wanted to show the world early to get feedback on the game.
    It isn't even guaranteed if Legion will go beyond a tech demo

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    CCP should have worked the kinks out on the PS3. Felix, did they ever get around to fixing their aiming after the info you posted?
    The aiming (with the DS3 at least) did definitely get better, though I doubt it had little to do with my attempts help them. I mean, it's still not perfect, but for the most part it's on par with most shooters now days. The frustration is definitely gone from it. The biggest issue with aiming now is actually the framrate, it's so erratic and just plain slow at times that it can be difficult to track a target.

DUST 514 Reporter
    PSN ID
    Greenears514
    Just a reminder.
    Development on Dust will slow down, however development will not stop.
    Legion is maybe 2-3 years away from public testing.

Dust 514 Closed Beta Vet
    Nova Knife Proficiency Level 5
    Die Hard Scout

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxus Prime View Post
    Just a reminder.
    Development on Dust will slow down, however development will not stop.
    Legion is maybe 2-3 years away from public testing.
    Well I hope so

|| PSUGS Director ||

Thread Information