Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Hidden gems of a generation past?

games would you say were great games that didn't get the crowd favorite treatment? There were quite few for me. This kind of popped in my head after playing Remember Me. No, I wouldn't say it was a hidden gem but it was a decent game with a cool premise that most wrote of because Capcom was at the helm. I started playing Grid 2 a little while ago as well and it's an awesome racer. So here are a few of mine.

Nier
    Deus Ex:HR
    Shadows of the Damned
    Super Stardust HD

Just a few off the top of my head. I'll update with more when I think more about it.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Selected Members Council
    Sleeping Dogs. I absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs (100% completion), though I also agree with you on Deus Ex: Human Revolution being amazing.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

3. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Valkyria Chronicles - Very Good JRPG.
    Mirrors Edge - kind of, has a cult following now *cough* reboot looked nice though.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

5. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Deus ex HR is not a hidden gem, its widley well recieved and loved by many.
    Suer stardust is a classic through and through, it was pretty good 20 years ago.

Elite Sage

Mafia 2 and Prince of Persia for me

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Valkyria Chronicles, Folk Lore.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

PSN ID
    chev327flatout
    I say Darksiders as it is my all time favorite game for some reason. Not enough people gave it a change I think.

PSN ID
    chev327flatout
    Also Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning was a game that should have done better... the combat was amazing and i actually liked the story.

Elite Sage

Oh and add Bulletstorm to my list. Fantastic game that deserved a sequel

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I haven't finished it but it was great was X-COM Enemy Unknown. I'll have to go through my games collection and make up a long list.

Dedicated Member

3D Dot Game Heroes is a wonderful game that noone really knows about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is power"
    My Blog

El Presidente
    Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. I enjoyed both very much and am excited for the next game in that series. Although 2033 is only for 360 it looks like both are coming to the PS4.

[UPDATE] Following the publication of this story, Metro developer 4A Games confirmed Metro Redux through a statement on the game's website. You can read the message in full below.
    "Metro Redux. You may have heard of it... even though you probably shouldn't have! We could issue a 'We do not comment on rumour and speculation' statement and pretend this never happened. They're pretty boring to read. They're also pretty boring to write.
    So we're going to comment on rumour and speculation instead.
    Is Metro Redux real? Yes. We never made any secret of 4A's desire to bring Metro to the latest generation of console hardware. But what you saw leaked was taken from an old, internal planning presentation, containing some nuggets of truth but a lot of hypothetical ideas and place holder material.
    (Eagle eyed fans will recognize the artwork on the 'packshot' as the art from the original Russian edition of the Metro 2033 novel. And that 'logo' is just the old Metro 2033 logo with the '2033' scrubbed out and 'Redux' added... )
    As you can see, we're not quite ready to reveal 4A Games' first next-gen console project, but we will be making an announcement this side of E3. And we think the reality is a lot more exciting than the out-dated material that got leaked shows, and we're itching to share it with you. Just not yet."
    The original story is below.
    Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light could be making their way to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, a new report has suggested.
    A product image of Metro Redux was displayed temporarily on Italian website Everyeye.it, but All Games Beta managed to archive the information.
    According to the listing, the bundle will be released in July for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, and contains a 'redux' version of Metro 2033 and its sequel Metro: Last Light. Also mentioned is a download code for some DLC, a soundtrack, art cards, and fancy packaging.
    Metro 2033 was first released on PC and Xbox 360 back in 2010. The sequel, Metro: Last Light, made its way to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in 2013, and scored a whopping 9/10 from GameSpot at the time.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/met.../1100-6418655/

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Valkyria Chronicles - Very Good JRPG.
    Mirrors Edge - kind of, has a cult following now *cough* reboot looked nice though.
    I kind of feel bad that I never finished Valkyria Chronicles. Shuntaro Tanaka, who directed the game had also directed Skies of Arcadia. I think I was on Chapter 7 out of 18.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Valkyria Chronicles.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Superior Member
    Alpha Protocol
    Anarchy Reigns
    Binary Domain
    FEAR
    Mercenaries 2
    Mindjack
    RUSE
    The Saboteur
    Sacred 2
    Splatterhouse
    Spec Ops: the Line
    Vanquish
    R.I.P. Tom Clancy.

May you have many Commies to wage war upon in Valhalla.

PSU Live Streamer
    -I second Darksiders. It was released along side GoW3, Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta within just 2 months. Needless to say Darksiders was skipped over by many.
    -Sleeping Dogs, sleeper hit! Loved the game. Had more reasons for me to love it than GTAV did...not to say I didn't like GTAV.
    -Castlevania LOS was skipped over by a lot of people because it didn't hold true to traditional Castlevania formula. Such a great game.
    -Valkyria Chronicles. I imagine this game will become a title hard to come by in the future, yet sought after by many a collector down the road. Betting you'll see high pricing on this one through ebay eventually.
    -Wipeout. Always love the game. But the name always seems to get forgotten.

Honorable mention to Remember Me. Got more hate than it deserved.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Unreal Tournament 3, this was amazing when it came out. Very fun online and you could add mods to the multiplayer as well as user-created levels, on your PS3 with a simple USB stick!

Rainbow Six: Vegas - I'll admit, as my very first PS3 game, I was very underwhelmed by the gfx it boasted. I thought it would look great for a next-gen title. But, it became an addicting game and the online was fun as well as the facial capture feature, which I wish more games had these days.

Silent Hill: Downpour - It's almost a forgotten series because of some previous incarnations that really sucked. But this one is surprisingly consistent with the feel of the first three games - scary and nail biting atmospheric.

Dante's Inferno: It's a very short game and not worth the retail price when it came out, but it's no God of War clone. It's a hidden gem because it actually shows that work was put into it. Yes, the levels are very linear, but there are some very nice art design choices and enemies in this, with a nicely written story adaptation. It's every horror fans dream.

Clive Barcher's Jericho: Anyone remember this? I've played it when it came out. I rented it and liked it. Good horror FPS.

The Darkness - This is really awesome. The control layout is unique with the shoulder buttons and it's a very engrossing story, based on the Top Cow comic book series of the same name. The atmosphere is wonderful in it and it's got a great SP campaign. There are cool little easter eggs in there too. Like, you can watch full movies and tv shows that are seen on the small tv sets in some of the starting areas. I really loved this game. It's creepy and eerie in some points too.

Sleeping Dogs - It's a nice little sandbox game and sort of a spin-off sequel in the True Crime series. It's a really versatile game if you give it a chance and the melee system is pretty fun, plus there are a handful of activities you can do when you're not engaging the SP story.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I shall use visual aid to help display how awesome these games are with the box art. I'll try not to repeat any from in the thread.
    Some bonus non-PS3 games too

'

and sooo many more...

21. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    I've been meaning to play Alice

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I've been meaning to play Alice
    Very underrated, quite a good 3D platformer. Great art too. Just, unfortunately not as dark as I thought it would be

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Very underrated, quite a good 3D platformer. Great art too. Just, unfortunately not as dark as I thought it would be
    Yeah the dark vibe was what I was looking forward to most. From the looks of it, it looked very dark. But it was a very good game.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Not on PS3 (I don't think) but Red Faction Guerilla was great fun.

Kayne and Linch 2 was really good, I thought....but not a lot of ppl gave it a chance.

Dark Messiah Might and Magic was really cool...never finished it though.

Two Worlds 2 was kinda good....the first one was a buggy mess I hear, though.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Folklore definitely underrated its a amazing game. Others including Valkyria Chronicles,Vanquish and Resonance of Fate. Need to play Binary Domain its from the same team who made the Yakuza series.
    Playing - Tales of Hearts R,Persona 4 Golden,
    Support Xenosaga HD by clicking the link below and sign the petition!
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...lobal_Release/

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Not on PS3 (I don't think) but Red Faction Guerilla was great fun.

Kayne and Linch 2 was really good, I thought....but not a lot of ppl gave it a chance.

Dark Messiah Might and Magic was really cool...never finished it though.

Two Worlds 2 was kinda good....the first one was a buggy mess I hear, though.
    Forgot all about Red faction. It was on PS3. Great game.

Dragon's Crown - Awesome Beat Em Up/RPG from Atlas. They have made a few similar games on PS2/Wii/Saturn but this one was the best.

Vanquish - What a cools stylish third person shooter. Never a dull moment in this game. Moves very quickly.

Thread Information