PSN ID
    Ranthop

Question The future of PSUGS and Project Legion

Soooo now what...
    The news during the Keynote was disheartening and we've all clearly shared our thoughts about CCP's decision to move ahead with Project Legion and forego Dust514 (or both games could run simultaneously we don't know). Considering the situation; should we start thinking about the future or forget about it all and move on to other titles?

Prior to FanFest, we were talking about starting up the Corp again and joining General Tso's Alliance.
    1. Do we continue trying to get into a new alliance
    2. Will we as a corp move over to Legion
    3. How many people will actually transition over to Legion within PSUGS
    4. If Dust514 lives on, do we want to continue playing

I feel that even if the majority of us don't make the transition we should at least form the future of PSUGS.
    Last edited by Ranthop; 05-05-2014 at 05:40.

|| PSUGS Director ||
    Ranthop - Minmatar: Logi.Scout.Sentinel
    Ranthop II - Gallente: Commando.AssaultDropship

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    It's hard for me to say whether or not ill transition to Legion. The biggest barrier is that I don't have a capable gaming pc and I kind of just don't like playing games on PC in general. I think I am going to try to at least keep up with it for the near future though. And if PSUGS makes it to Legion, I'd definitely like to continue being a part of it.

My future in Dust is also pretty uncertain at this point. I was really just starting to get back into it and then all this happened. I just don't feel motivated to play it now. Though that could change randomly at some point.

Other than that, I do for sure plan on playing Destiny (on PS4), so if any of you guys want to form some kind of clan/guild/whatever there I'd be up for that too.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Oooookay, it's been a little over a month and there haven't been any additional responses...
    To be honest though I'm off & on with Dust514 now, I played through this previous SP Event and the game just didn't feel as fun for me as it used to. I want to say the game has few more years going for it, but as for me I think I'm about done playing, unless CCP miraculously adds something new to the game.

[going back to the original post]
    Anyway, members of PSUGS can still be found playing, but unless someone speaks up - we will more than likely move on to other titles.

Also, Felix, I'll definitely be getting Destiny(PS3/PS4 - i don't know)

|| PSUGS Director ||

PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    No one is playing Dust now, what ganes do we move to
    Destiny bata starts in July

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Well no doubt I'll move over to Destiny, its just the matter of what console I want start on.. PS3 or PS4.. I still can't decide. It has been announced that you can transfer your PS3 data to your PS4, so I wouldn't be hurting if I started on the PS3. Plus, as far as I know, GREY and Gods are getting it too. Unfortunately DEADMUDD I don't think I'll be playing the beta, that's all you.

|| PSUGS Director ||

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sorry, I missed this. I've put my passive SP back onto the 40 mill SP GREY and will leave him ticking over. I don't know if I'll go to legion. Maybe if CCP bring it to PS4 one day. I just can't bring myself to play D514 though. A part of the reason I played it was for the persistence, I was building my future merc...now that it's on the back burner it feels like im investing into a sinking project. When I try and play it, I spend the whole time wishing I was playing something with a future.

I'll be getting into Destiny for sure. However, I think it's like 4 man squads or something..maybe I'm wrong. Other than that, I pretty much just play FFXIV these days.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Blimey. What's been going on? CCP say they're no longer investing in D514??

[EDIT] - Oh I see.....

At CCP's 2014 Fanfest, the company revealed that development would be split between Dust 514 and Project Legion, a prototype for a PC-based first-person shooter that would attempt to address some of the shortcomings in Dust 514. They plan on developing a distinct experience in the new prototype that is more aligned with their vision, while continuing to maintain some development of Dust 514.[35] If they decide the prototype is successful, they will transfer existing player profiles and assets to the new game. This announcement has been met with criticism from the player base, leading some players to believe that CCP is abandoning Dust 514 in favor of Project Legion
    Colour me unsurprised. It's quite often that CCP struggle to finish what they start. I remember the original plans they had for how you could interact and walk around stations in Eve. They eventually introduced the bare minimum and since then it's hardly progressed at all - certainly not the MMO kind of hub where you can interact with others, visit corp offices, etc that they discussed. There have been loads of examples like that in Eve.

World of Darkness is another classic example and sadly DUST appears to be going the same way. And who knows what will happen with Eve Valkyrie and Project Legion in the end.

At some point they need to take something else through to finish. They can't just keep relying on Eve.
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 06-18-2014 at 15:42.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's a tricky one. DUST had to go to current gen consoles but as it was built on cell architecture it would have needed to be recoded from the get-go anyway...so it had to go down like this and is ultimately the best possible move for the IP. On x86 architecture and on PC it will be better able to achieve its lofty goals. it just sucks how $#@! went down at Fanfest and how D514 is being treated. They made NO mention of D514 there...it was beiefly discussed during the 'DUST 514' keynote before that was hijacked with the legion announcement. The other presentations were labled as DUST presentations but were for legion related content. Many refered to it as the 'Rouge wedding' (after CCP Rouge, the new EP.). It was a bitter blow because for months we had all be in anticipation about what our new EP would bring to our game...and what he did was basically say "PROJECT LEGION!!! coming to PC!" lol

The console version probably won't be getting any new content of any sort and most of the team has moved onto Legion...again, objectively this is the best possible move for the IP, just sucks for us console guys.

There was a recent article which absolutely slammed CCPs management too. I think the company has been riding on the success of EVE which kind of happened haphazardly under managerial tendencies that are just not the norm in the industry. I actually saw this before the article went live...on some website where people can rate the company. Oh well.

I was balls deep in the game and loved it but Ive moved to FFXIV and am just as inlove with this game so I don#t really care. if legion makes it to consoles one day I'll take my merc over but for the time being I couldn't really care less.

9. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Well, if CCP really is relying on Eve, I can't say I have a lot of faith, not that I had much, that CCP will succeed as a company in the long run. That's my prediction anyway, but really the appeal of Eve WILL eventually run out, when that happens they will be f***'d.

If CCP had come out and just said what their intentions were with Dust514... maybe they could have smoothed things over just a little by saying they would compensate those who had spent money on the game. Because all Dust514 turned out to be was mass robbery. I'd hate to think CCP continues its trend of not finishing their products otherwise it could seriously bite them in the a**.

|| PSUGS Director ||

PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    There are just a few of us left now, I don't have a director job so i don't no if we get new players
    I'm still playing but not as before alot of the bigcorps are gone,a lot of the top players too
    it's bad to end like this but, nothing lasts 4 ever.

$ GOOD HUNTING $

see you on the other side

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    This certainly sucks to see, my PS3 died like 5 months ago and havnt been able to put money aside for a new one. Looks like there wont be a Ghost Squadron left by the time i get back on :-/

The King has Returned

PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    Going to play the Destiny bata on the 17th so look me up on Dust I have some bata codes left.

$ GOOD HUNTING $

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm going close the DUST section soon, just a heads up. The game is all but dead and this section is a ghost town, and not in a good way.

I wouldn't mind a beta code dead, I'll hit you up on psn. Perhaps PSUGS can be reborn in destiny.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Ghost if you need a beta code then you need an EU one and it looks like Dead's are US. However, you are in luck. I have one key left. It's yours if you show a bit of leg and sing "Everyone loves a sailor"

(or if you like you can just PM me for it)

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I'm in the Destiny beta. If anyone wants to team up my PSN name is felix336.

If we have enough people it'd be cool to create a PSUGS clan in Destiny. The mobile app (and website) actually has some decent clan/group functionality.
    Last edited by Felix336; 07-18-2014 at 12:51.

Thread Information