Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I bet he wishes MLB 14: The Show was on the Xbox One. Because the One doesn't even have a baseball game period!
    I bet he does too. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-07-2014 at 02:39.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. He gave it a good score. Being a editor for xbox doesn't mean he doesn't like ps. Ryan is ok IMO. There are some out there who really are too biased and don't try to hide it. I'd take Ryan over them anyday.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    It's always about the score or is there something he said about the game in his review that you don't agree with?

Is it not actually a good thing that an Xbox guru, or as the OP puts it, "literally the most biased, pro-Xbox fanboy out there" would give a PlayStation game an 8/10? And if you don't play online then all you need to worry about are long loading times, apparrently. You know what else had long loading times? Uncharted.

If someone who doesn't normally like JRPGs or Sega games or the Dreamcast/GameCube, whatever, reviewed my favorite game and gave it an 8/10, I would be fine with it. Someone who happens to like Xbox gives a baseball game an 8/10 and it's all aboard the IGN hate train. The game isn't going to sell poorly all of a sudden.
    Uncharted has long loading times?

--

Not commenting on the actual review; but the guy Ryan is IGN's "go-to" Xbox guy. It'd be like Greg Miller reviewing an Xbox One game. Has Greg Miller reviewed any Xbox games?

In any discussion videos I've seen with Ryan in it, he always takes the pro-Xbox stance, same as Greg, who tends to take pro-PlayStation stance (this does not mean they are being biased, btw.)
    Last edited by sainraja; 05-07-2014 at 04:02.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    If you want to hear what he has to say about it, listen to this week's Podcast Beyond. Ryan was on it, and this very topic actually came up. On the show he even recommended an xbox owner buy a PS4.

He's the resident baseball guy at IGN. He's paid to report on all things xbox, not be a fanboy for them. Just like Colin and Greg, who if you really follow their work take Sony to task on all their mistakes when they make them. Like The Order impressions for example.

5. Likes Naxi, Ariakace likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    If you want to hear what he has to say about it, listen to this week's Podcast Beyond. Ryan was on it, and this very topic actually came up. On the show he even recommended an xbox owner buy a PS4.

He's the resident baseball guy at IGN. He's paid to report on all things xbox, not be a fanboy for them. Just like Colin and Greg, who if you really follow their work take Sony to task on all their mistakes when they make them. Like The Order impressions for example.
    You beat me to it I just finished listening to it.

Tacos Rule!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    So what, its a **** game, a sport for Americans! who cares who reviews it!?
    Last edited by 33x; 05-07-2014 at 11:41.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

8. Likes -Shafty- , berts08 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    So what, its a **** game, **** sport for americans! who cares who reviews it!
    ...Wonderful

Reviews shouldn't matter anymore when you could easily watch a stream and ask different users how the game is and what they feel about it. Best review ever to me, no bull****

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post

Yup.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    im just saying.....

if it was on xbox one....

12. Likes BMK2K7, victorijapoosp likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    look, i got overzealous earlier... im sure ryan is giving the game fair reviews. but for me personally, i cant take review sites at their word. Review systems are mega-flawed. Too many times have i seen games (multiplatform) reviewed unfairly... things that give one console a LOWER score dont Lower the score on the other console... Game Parity: Oftentimes a game is legitimately better on one console over the other... but, oftentimes reviews dont reflect that (not all the time, i know, but it happens a LOT)

If a game site is going to split up the scores they give for multiplatform games... the LEAST THEY CAN DO is review both consoles versions and give the score it deserves independently.

FOR EXAMPLE: This MGSV:GZ polygon review.(im not agruing about the low score here, but rather, they scored both console version the SAME. They didnt review the xb1 version though as stated in the review itself they only played review code on PS4... so why the same score? XB1 version is FACTUALLY worse than the PS4 version... but the reviewer didnt think that was relevant? sure the majority of readers arent going to have both consoles... but id LOVE to know which version i should get if i DID.

And if game sites/mags want to have better rounded reviews... at the VERY least have 2 people review it... that way people can compare and contrast the two reviews in a more objective view rather than "xboxarthur's" single, possible biased, review.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I still chuckle whenever I remember ryan McMicrosoft said this of titfall:

OH and this:

You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post

OH and this:

Titanfall is the Jesus Christ of gaming......not really
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Reminds me of:

"The Citizen Kane of videogames:

and:

It was pure Hollywood. A random, breathtaking moment of awesome directly stemming from ... A purely emergent, life-and-death dance more exciting than every ... quick-time event I've ever half-heartedly button-bashed my way through. Make no mistake; Grand Theft Auto V is made of moments just like this.
    To the right, over the ocean, the sun is setting. The sky glows orange as I near the first turn-off. Pulling into a more built-up area of town I’m reminded of the obsessive, incidental detail that amazed me during our first, hands-off demonstration. The cracked roads. The bespoke graffiti lining the walls. The unique shopfronts and billboards littering your line of sight. The city is colourful yet weathered. Living but lived-in. Like Liberty City before it, Los Santos is already making me feel as much like a tourist as a player.
    IGN is king of hyperbole and hype train of 500%.

It's like they're staffed by a group of frustrated ex Arts students graduates that all had plays/scripts/etc rejected.

Pinch. Of. Salt.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

17. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style

OH and this:

Yup the hype was real, at the end it did diddly...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Might want to try it out before calling it a **** game. As far as realism and detail goes it blows the doors off most sports franchises.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What an ignorant post.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-08-2014 at 04:26.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Might want to try it out before calling it a **** game. As far as realism and detail goes it blows the doors off most sports franchises.
    It's definitely the best baseball game by a long shot, but the NBA 2k series tops all IMO. Their presentations are just fantastic. Even EA is still struggling to match them with their nba live series. They also made a better NFL game too in a lot of gamers eyes. They sure as heck scared EA into locking up that exclusive nfl deal...lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Yup the hype was real, at the end it did diddly...

You might want to tell the english that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's definitely the best baseball game by a long shot, but the NBA 2k series tops all IMO. Their presentations are just fantastic. Even EA is still struggling to match them with their nba live series. They also made a better NFL game too in a lot of gamers eyes. They sure as heck scared EA into locking up that exclusive nfl deal...lol
    I disagree with NBA 2k topping The Show BUT I do agree that 2k was the best NFL series and took a giant dump on Madden.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Reminds me of:

"The Citizen Kane of videogames:

and:

IGN is king of hyperbole and hype train of 500%.

It's like they're staffed by a group of frustrated ex Arts students graduates that all had plays/scripts/etc rejected.

Pinch. Of. Salt.
    You must have never come across the work of well known thespian and successful drama queen, Adam Sessler who called GTA V, the "Charles dic kens novel of our time" in his GTA V review on rev3.

It's a cacophony of ridiculousness.

Here's the full quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sessler
    "I can imagine, 200 years from now, like our reading of di.ckens, the game will be regarded as a catalog of our contemporary travails, an accelerated reality bearing more truth than just gazing at our own reflection."
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 05-08-2014 at 06:07.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

ha because it went back to number 1 spot? Nah, I stand by what I said, for a game that was hailed as the second coming, it did not deliver sales wise (haven't played the game so can't chime in on that end)

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

I think you'll find it was a combination of the 80 discount and a free copy of titfall that allowed it to do slightly better than "diddly". add to the fact, titan fall was the only game that came out that month. On PS4 the sales were spread over 7 games.

And dont give me that bull crap about oh, but but but bundles aren't counted.

Wasn't bundling of KNACK, given by certain people, as the only explanation of why it sold so well?
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 05-08-2014 at 07:47.

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    ha because it went back to number 1 spot? Nah, I stand by what I said, for a game that was hailed as the second coming, it did not deliver sales wise (haven't played the game so can't chime in on that end)

It has yet to drop lower than 3rd in their charts, I haven't played the game either, but I think any new IP is always on a hiding to nothing in terms being a system seller. It certainly still moving units in large quantities however, bundled or otherwise.
    Is that moving actual consoles though? Dunno.

I think you'll find it was a combination of the 80 discount and a free copy of titfall that allowed it to do slightly better than "diddly". add to the fact, titan fall was the only game that came out that month. On PS4 the sales were spread over 7 games.

And dont give me that bull crap about oh, but but but bundles aren't counted.

Wasn't bundling of KNACK, given by certain people, as the only explanation of why it sold so well?
    Knack never sold well. It debut at 18 and just went down hill from there. Of course there is no accounting for those dam UK chappies tastes.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-08-2014 at 08:41.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Maybe, but its a game/sport for you lot, its crap and who cares who reviews it! football/fifa win!

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    What an ignorant post.
    You still here pal?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Maybe, but its a game/sport for you lot, its crap and who cares who reviews it! football/fifa win!

You still here pal?
    Who made you a mod?

Thread Information